Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald’s 2e Big Mac on the new app

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nialldinho

casio4 wrote: »
    when it's activated and used is that it gone then or does another deal pop up in its place on the app?

It is gone. I think there were 5 to start with but only 4 there now. It says more to come

This app is not accepted in Limerick no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

This app is not accepted in Limerick no?

See post #4

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

123654789 wrote: »
    If ya want to get max bang for your buck use the self service screen to order the big mac. You can add extra pickles, lettuce, onion for free.
    for a good few months now you can also get lettuce and mayo on eurosaver burgers, the double cheese anyway. I think a slice of tomato is 20cent, maybe 30cent.

you can get extra mustard, ketchup too. It really does make it a more substantial looking burger. Like a "salad burger" in a chipper but getting the upgrade for free.

Always thought it strange that the quarter pounders do not come with lettuce as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

2 euro Big Mac cashed in in Midleton Cork.
    Was lovely too.

• Advertisement

ffs

not again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

9 Chicken McNuggets for €2 now on the app :)

I wish Limerick was included

The double cheeseburger is now €2.20 on the eurosaver, so the triple one at €2.90 seems like better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How does it work on machines in doors for takeaway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    cheers OP.

Also another ongoing McDonalds offer is on your receipt, you've to do a 3 minute survey and that gives you a code for a Big Mac and fries for 4.50. Write the code on the receipt and redeem at the counter. You can keep doing this over and over again if you want as every receipt has the offer on it

Didn’t this used to be €3.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How does it work on machines in doors for takeaway?

They have a barcode reader, a QR pops up when you redeem the voucher. Scan the code and it will automatically be added to your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

They have a barcode reader, a QR pops up when you redeem the voucher. Scan the code and it will automatically be added to your order.

Would also add that for offers like medium meal and kids meal for €8, scan the coupon before you start, it then prompts you to pick items on the offer. If you add say a Big Mac med meal plus nugget happy meal, then scan the voucher, it won't simply apply it to those items, you will need to enter it all in again, then delete the items you added before scanning etc.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Didn’t this used to be €3.90

it was. I remember as I still thought 2 double cheeseburgers was a better buy (they also increased in price).

A big mac on its own seems to be 4.50, not sure if that has gone up too.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-mcdonalds-blackrock-dublin/menu

6 nuggets is 2.50, 9 is usually 5.10! while 20 is 6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rubadub wrote: »
    The double cheeseburger is now €2.20 on the eurosaver, so the triple one at €2.90 seems like better value.

They introduced the new triple cheeseburger for 2.90 at the same time that they increased the price of a double from 2 to 2.20. In fairness that double cheeseburger was introduced in back in the recession in 2010 so it had a decade long run without a price increase.

They're also now charging extra if you want to add mayonaisse to it whereas it used to be free a few weeks ago. Lettuce is still free to add to it though. In the UK you can add both lettuce and Big Mac sauce to your double cheeseburger for free, effectively creating yourself a small Big Mac for just £1.59

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

take a screenshot of the QR code and reuse as much as you want (i think there is a 30 day limit), also you can get multiple bigmacs with the same code on the same order.

Also if anyone has a recent QR code - please PM it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

take a screenshot of the QR code and reuse as much as you want (i think there is a 30 day limit), also you can get multiple bigmacs with the same code on the same order.

Interesting. Have you tried this? Asking only as I seem to remember the app double checking you were ready to use the offer, something like within 10 mins. But I guess all that happens is the offer deletes in the app after 10 mins but still can be used at the restaurant.

Might try a few €1 coffees ....

yes i have tried this

Advertisement