Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

lovely. I have always had a soft spot for this version, it’s very discrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

An old model but I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

happy with this

excellent quality

on “reflection” it’s a bad photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

didn’t have a Seiko in the collection since I let my Sumo go a good while back. Also no green dial watches so two birds one stone and all that!

Seiko SPB207J1 MM200 140th Anniversary Likited Edition. Basically a baby MM300! Love the dial and the bracelet is a big step up from the likes of Sumo/Samurai models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I always wonder do people regret buying a lime green vrs or the bright orange ford pick ups . Fun idea when your in the mood but your opinion might change at 6am on a Monday morning when your in the horrors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Sweet watch, I have the spb187 in blue, they hug the wrist well.

Also did a mod using that dial and handset in this case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Arrived while I was away on holiday. Took it to the local jeweler today who resized the bracelet. It looks nicer in reality than it photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Another Casio arrival, GM-2100-1AER.

Very pleased with it, sits nicely on the wrist. Analogue hands very easy to read but digital display not so much but fine with the light. Took me a while to set the time I suppose reading the manual might be a good idea. Strap is OK, a little stiff but comfortable.

I reckon it will be a smudge magnet as it's very shiny. Lovely brushed effect on the dial with fine concentric circles around it in the recess. Index markers also have fine lines.

Very pleased with and reckon it would be very smart with a jacket / suit for a business meeting. I am so pleased with it I wonder if I should keep it for dressier occasions as I as considering it as a lifetime beater watch that could be part of stories and trips over the coming years.

Well wear, that looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm liking both of those Casios! That Edefice has a lovely dial and a real Genta vibe. As for the GM-2100, a classic of the type and one that always catches my eye.

On my wrist today, my Monro Design MA-4. I really do like this one and it sits nicely in my rotation. I keep meaning to try it on a black NATO, but haven't gotten around to that yet. The only caveat I'd place on it? Is that as the watch itself is so tall, it really needs to be rigged for single pass to wear comfortably esp with a cuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Recent green dial pics making me want one more and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

I really shouldn't have picked something up again so soon but I did get offered a decent discount on the Tissot PR 516 Mechanical and i just couldn't help myself. I am done with new watches for a good while now though 🙄.

Impressions after a few days are of a good quality watch for the price point. I would have a hard time finding much quality differential between this and watches i own that cost twice or thrice as much. Im happy with it. If i was to nit pick maybe the crystal case back was not the best design choice as the mechanical movement has not been tarted up for display.

A poor mans moon watch? RRP is about €1,800 in IE i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

All things considered, not the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Looking well, but I agree on the height of it, not suitable for right cuffs really.

Must try a single pass strap on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

Put a new battery in this this morning after finding it at the back of the sock drawer.

I picked it up a couple of years ago for 12 quid delivered after someone shared the link on this forum.

Will be heading away on holidays next month so this will be perfect for the pool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jagcon1

Picked this up this morning in Antwrep, very happy with it, The dial is amazing.

This arrived today, quicker than I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nice i have the blue dial on bracelet (and got an eas x strap for it as well) they are lovely watches in this iteration.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Love those pilots. On a related note, is Antwerp a good place for a deal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Out and about this day wearing a "grail" I hunted for many a year. Have it ten years now. 😲😊

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Now Wibbs, you can't be giving us a photo like that without giving us some more details. That looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jagcon1

Hi, yes I found the dealer very easy to deal with. We had a video call and went through the watch and my part exchange watches. They are on Chrono24 and had excellent reviews.

Travel wise, very simple, flew to Brussels got straight onto a train to Antwerp (30 minutes) and the diamond district is right outside the station. Had a nice day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Great info there and opens up some new vista for any of us who fancy combining trading a watch with either a day trip or a city break.

@Wibbs that GP is lovely, you really have an eye for the sublime and even a little oddball.

Wearing the "lucky red" Monro adventure today. It's been a Monro week, wend from the green to the red.

Advertisement