Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Lookin sharp, on both fronts!

Sweet, be very fitting cutting some Camembert cheese and salami somewhere scenic in France. A great blade steel that too.

Have all manner of oem and afm rubber/silicone offerings but said I'd try some from Uncle Seiko.

It's an interesting compound, something between silicone and fkm but has zero propensity to collect dust or lint. It's stiffer than silicone (a bit) but is helped along superbly with a bath in a shot glass with off boiling water. It's nice on wrist, better than crafters offering for me and the gl831 is an icon in dive straps.

Main reason I went for this is the low key fit with shallow corrugated waffles, Seiko ones are way too big and unsightly imo.

Have the tropical and another gl in black inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

Love that strap, think I'll try and get one, can you recommend a site?

My MM just back today after its first service , 8 weeks but worth the wait

Post edited by jefferson73 on

Look at it! Superb. I was to buy one at Xmas but he got sellers regret and stalled the deal.

It looks great, who did the service for you?

Best bet for this side of the pond is

Black

Or perhaps olive?

They look smart on his tropical too!

Or do as I have any buy them all lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

Thanks for the strap details, awesome. The Tropical is what i'm thinking now, love it.

Seiko Ireland (Timemark) serviced, ultimately it went to the Netherlands for the work. Very happy with the service and communciation from them.

Resonably priced too so overall good experience that i'll use again.

I broke a push button off my Daytona a few weeks back and that fix made my eyes water!

I'd have been surprised if seiko would have serviced that here. Was it just a basic service, gaskets and pressure test or did it need parts? It's such a purposeful watch, envious of it.

Incidentally I have a Sbdx001 ti ratcheting clasp on the way for a build I'm undertaking. I cannot abide a bracelet that that you can't adjust on the fly.

She will look great on a tropical and crucially the uncle seiko ones have a swell in cross section nearer the lugs so work well with heavier pieces too.

I can only imagine the blood sacrifice required for the daytona pusher lol. Hopefully they sweet talked you before diving in :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Being the day that's in it traffic was wonderfully light today. Bliss. 😍😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Remember folks, the clocks go forward tonight. I've preempted things… 😁

One (First World©™)problem with having a pile of vintage quartz/leccy watches is faffing around with summer/winter time. Some like my da's Longines and the Omega have a separate hour/timezone function, the others, no. Oh the humanity… 😁

Oh and Happy Easter! Hope you and yours are well and enjoying the long weekend. 👍️

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

….

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Taken early last night, before I cheated and moved it on an hour to save me being out of sync when I woke up😉

The lume was so bright that it was easy to set the time in the dark🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

@wibbs, I’d say once you start, by the time you are finished.. you begin to put them all back an hour again😉😉

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Ian OB

This amused me. (Found elsewhere online)

You're not so far wrong DT. 😁

Funny enough it's the battery powered stuff that's the issue, but more with the date function. So every month that hasn't got 31 days, I'm running around fecking with the date. Some are easier than others to move forward.

Funny enough, other than a pin pallet Mortima "divers watch" I got as a kid, I've never owned a mechanical watch with a day/date function. And now that I think on it; other than a Seiko Pogue(a "waterproof", rather than "resist" I should have kept) and a 1930's Rolex Bubbleback, all my mechanicals were and are handwinders. That makes it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭comete

Just took my first step into the world of nicer timepieces, a considerable upgrade from the classic swatch I’ve been sporting since stopping wearing my garmin 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@comete Very nice, well wear. Very classic look from a brand with heritage.

Nice strap too.

Welcome to the hot tub👍 lovely watch and may you wear it always in good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

That's got a lovely blue to the face, like that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Wearing this one this week

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Somewhere in the middle of Spain., cooking dinner for one in the camping car.

Watches’s look so much better in the sunnier climes. Something to do with a slightly different spectrum of light (I’m told).

That's a beautifully composed shot, really does a wonderful job of showing the watch and evoking a lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

it certainly tops the batch bread and corned beef I’m having now

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement

we all love our watches.. but.. there is always one.

New watch day.

Wanted a spb313 ages, they have bar none the best ergonomic for my wrist.... but the colourways are a bit meh, the 6r35 will prob do what many are prone to and the alignment will be off, so I made this one.

All oem bar the seiko NH35 which is a very well behaved one I pulled from a build, it returns +2 spd or even dead on and has low positional variance.

Spb183 dial and hands which I thought did this case justice, no dust, switches over at exactly 12, is aligned and no one else has one so I'm a happy boy.

On my wrist today, my Blancpain 2185f. Small, understated but always draws my eye. When I'm not wearing this watch, it's always on my chopping block as the next to sell. Yet, when I wear it? It's always with a smile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not my pic, but picked up this lovely heritage sector dial last week. Really loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

Latest addition to the collection, the Longines Zulu Time Spirit in the 39mm size. A lovely, clean dial with a true GMT function.

Had a hard time capturing the colour on this but it is a sundial blue.

Next on the wish list when i can source a reasonably discount is the new Tissot PR516 Mechanical - https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-ie/tissot-pr516.html

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭comete

Actually I should clarify that Longines I posted yesterday is my first foray into buying a nice watch for everyday use. I was gifted this dressy manual omega by my wife’s godmother for our wedding a number of years ago, but it really doesn’t come out all that often. It has no real markings to speak of on it but maybe the keen eyed amongst you might know what it is?

Excuse the photo bombing, I can't edit these into ydays post

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Collected this from Weirs. 40mm, had a bit of a wait for it but worth it. Absolutely thrilled to have gotten this 😁

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That's beautiful, congrats on the purchase

Advertisement