Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-7019 from October 1967, the rare US 21 Jewel version. Outside the Brooklands Museum in Weybride where I spent the day getting lost in the collections of aircraft and transport related exhibits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

What's the code for that?

Got lucky on adverts a while back so this is what I'm wearing lately. Nice smart Casio, I don't get the grá for g-shocks when they do these so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I hadn't seen a Wellington displayed like that before, it's great to see the geodesic frame on display. That's Brooklands added to the Museum visit list. I knew they had a lot of motoring stuff, but great to see the aviation stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crubbeens

Talking of Casio royals, here's one with a Vario leather strap'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just took my new Steinhart Ocean on its maiden voyage to the ocean :)

• Advertisement

The Monro Adventure arrived this morning. The presentation box is nice, I like the passport gimmick, it plays well with their adventure/travel schtick.

I've the red on wrist at the mo, it wears quite tall but not obnoxiously so. Very well finished, the knurling on the crowns and bezel all very nice and the smoothness of the movement in winding and adjusting all pleasantly pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Liking that a lot B. Very lush buying both colour schemes too! The red is my pick.

Dig the compressor vibes. If it's tall you could opt for a two pice diver rubber strap? Double pass nato is a no go for me unless the watch is sub 12mm.

In my world I had a gra for a spb207. This would be gluttony, I own the 187 but have no green dial watches... Certainly wasn't buying another oem so compromised with oem dial/handset, nh35 and good afm case which I put a nice sapphire in with clear ar. Fitted a Caroline's slim caseback on it too, wears thinner/better than my oem 187, must be nearly 2mm shorter. Strap is a curved rubber with green liner.

Sunburst is subtle, less reflective, but that's a plus imo as the more reflective 187 shows slight distortion in some light around the indices (they're not applied, pressed) which is my only gripe on that watch. This dial mitigates that issue.

Thanks Harry, I only actually bought the green. There was a raffle on Kickstarter for 3 of the red version. I was lucky enough to win one. They are the only 3 made in that colour, so fairly unique.

The straps are fairly decent too, with logo engraved on stay and keepers. I'll spend some time experimenting with ways to wear them.

I really like that Seiko, always enjoy seeing your own watches, and your builds even moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been wearing NATO bands for years and it never occurred to me to try to do that single loop way. Just gave it a go now and it's really comfortable. Mind = blown. 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've been doing the single loop thing for a while. Found it makes a watch sit much better on my wrist. 👍️ Funny enough when I got my first "NATO" way back in the pre web 90's that's how I figured it was worn. That and I cut off the excess... 😮😁

Doxa today:

Then later on a client said "oh you like watches, have this":

"God Tier" an' that. Apparently. 😁 I can see why they're the biggest selling watch in the world(I gather?). Cheap as chips to buy, very legible, light as a feather, size is "unisex", and in a pinch if you need to arm a bomb...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Watch looking well B.

Mine arrived today too, loving it so far but it definitely sits high, so will try a few different strap options.

Impressed with the build quality, straps and lume.

I went for the artic white, was not lucky so just got one one watch today... 🤣🤣

The white is very nice Mik. I'd considered it as my choice for a while but, went for the green as I wanted to see how I liked the colour as I'm considering a Sinn hunting in the future.

The Red Ltd edition has some nice touches versus the standard. A polished case and colour coded crowns are the main differences. The standard edition Green has a bead blasted case and even though the differences are slight?

I do prefer the Green, it wears more as a tool watch than the shiny red😉

A wee wristroll showing the height of the case on a single pass rigged NATO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'd get to the chopper but I'm just too darn tired

I'd get to the rocket but I'm just too darn tired

Saw this posted by Hamish the Watch guy, the latest Citizen offering.

I mean this is so far beyond the line of mere homage? That IMHO, the line is a dot from where they are 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I forgot I had a collection of NOS French made 60/70's straps and bracelets(mostly for LIP watches), as you do, so I slapped a rubber one on to my Yema Superman. I usually don't like rubber straps, but this one is actually very comfortable.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

Austin TX

It was a Yema idea in the 60's to lock the bezel to stop it moving on a dive. You unscrew the crown, set the dive interval and screw the crown down. T'is a bit fiddly tbh, though was one of their biggest sellers until the original company went bust in the 90's. Mine's from the 80's when Seiko had a stake in them.

Master of the Universe

You guys just reminded me of a stupid photo I took a couple of years ago 😁 (Upside down Seiko and all)

• Advertisement

Well, I'm the same guy in both posts you quoted 😁

Master of the Universe

Haha! A wrist that can go to the depths of the ocean or space at the drop of a hat. 😂

And signed poster of Johnny Marr behind my plates of meat

Are you going to see Johnny at any of the Irish dates this year? I think his gig at King John's Castle could be a great show.

I spotted the Spinnaker fifty phantoms on a thread yesterday and I'm a wee bit taken by it's charm. That said, I am now 3 watches over the 12 watch limit that my watch tray has set for me 😉 There can be no more incoming until I sort 3 outgoings.

@banie01 ah, don't know if I'll see Mr. Marr tour. The Athy gig would be legendary.

Stuck in painful N7 traffic, yesterday. Nearly had me wishing for an automatic. Nearly. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Moto2 time!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

On the road again essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Carrying out a 'hit' on the continent, well back for the weekend? Money is good I assume. 😉😁

How do you get the knife through the security check? Checked-in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Nothing as exciting as carrying out a hit - more for cutting saucisson sec etc. here on the continent. My hit days are behind me now.

You can get away with a crazy number of knives in a campervan.

Advertisement