Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got a "Beads of Rice" bracelet from Uncle Seiko and sized it up properly yesterday. Really good quality bracelet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You went swimming in the sea on New Year's Day Lord D? You're the fecker who's bulletproof. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Uncle Seiko stuff is usually decent quality.I got a half link for my speedmaster a while ago and it’s identical finish to the oem bracelet.

Also got a jubilee bracelet for my Tudor gmt last week from them as well.It works with the original clasp so a nice product overall for less than a €90 and €30 in duties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well, I say swimming, it was more a run in dip down and out again. Still, the water temp was 8c!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

For seeing how fast your car can go underwater?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Very common for the return leg of a moon mission to be a water landing so not as silly as it seems

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Since we're talking about marine matters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Going back to the egg, an hour ago. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Being on Blancpain's email list is rarely an imposition. This time though? They've sent me a mail about what must be one of the nicest green dialled complication watches I've seen since Weir's Patek Calendar.

A combo of both Gregorian & Chinese calendar is very interesting and no doubt a technical masterpiece. Not one I'll be shopping for given it'll be €73k plus but, it's nice to window shop 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nachouser

A cheap and cheerful Raymond Weil Tradition that's done the job of timekeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I put the fire on early today as WFH and it is nippy out there.

This is the OEM Omega leather strap that normally comes with the Saphire Sandwich version of the new Speedy, but I have it on the hesalite. It is super comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Today's piece is my first 'good' watch, bought from new in 2002, the TAG Heuer CA1211-1, special edition with the carbon dial and the ETA 251.262, 7- hand chrono movement.

The smallest watch I wear regularly at 37mm, but wears a bit bigger.

A genuine sports watch that I wore doing my PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water licences with, as well as laps in anger around Mondello Park on both two wheels and four, the likes of a ZXR750R and an R8 V10 Plus.

It's low profile, shrouded lugs and neat size means it goes easily under a cuff, or glove.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Black Friday PRX bargain on the wrist today.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Just got a certificate in the post this evening to say I passed my maths exam from December 😁

Another step closer to watchmaking school! Should be starting level 2 in February which is the equivalent of the GCSE that will have me ready for the assessment day in August.

Heading to the BHI on Sunday for the quartz course so look out for another long post!😉

Thanks all for the continued support.

Congrats IP! 🙂 Tbh I run out of maths ability when I run out of fingers and my shoes and socks come off for the hard sums, so fair play.

Quartz course you say? *adds yet another tick to the box of how IP could help me in the future* 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pilot chrono today, fantastic watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

After many years messing about with watches, the ‘grail’ finally arrived. The end of the road for me and watches now as you just know when you put ‘the one’ on the wrist. The interest will hopefully never die though. As usual, my pictures don’t do it justice, but for me, it just oozes quality. Legibility is fantastic and wears perfectly for a 40mm. The bracelet is super comfortable and top top quality as you would expect from this manufacturer. It is flawless being honest.

Post edited by Wibbs on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

Wonderful taste you have! Last three or 4 watches have been sublime. Never tried that on bracelet but get it on rubber if you can.

Wowza congrats ! Rarely seen on a bracelet ! Put my name down for the gmt in weirs a few years ago unsurprisingly never got a call 😂

As others have said, wonderful taste and really unusual to see it on a bracelet. Well wear👍

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

Thanks 893 - I have the option to put it on rubber as well but my preference for now anyway is the bracelet. Probably mental, but I find that the watch wears larger with the bracelet which is the preference as I am used to wearing larger watches. In time, I will probably switch to the rubber band but this bracelet wears and fits really comfortably being honest.

Size adjustment from your various Panerai for sure , but I find after a day or two you adjust ,

wear in good health !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Looks great. I remember looking at the Aquanaut around five years ago, and the bracelet model could be had for 2 grand under RRP. How times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

• Advertisement

Not taken with my phone for a change. Dusted off my old Panasonic LX 5 with Leica lens(There was an identical Leica branded camera that cost three times the price, cos reasons). Compact point and shoot camera from over ten years ago but with a load of pro features inc. being able to output Raw files you can feck about with. Last of the CCD sensors, so have more of a 'film' quality, though too easy to blow out highlights, so underexposing by a stop is the trick. It's pretty good for colour, but it's a cracker for B&W.

Advertisement