Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

Looking for one of these for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think that’s as aligned as it gets . Seiko style

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Ah so it is. Ignore please 😁

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭jefferson73

Tired these on earlier, very tempted on the black dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

It wasn’t only you. All I could see was the 12 at the 6 o’clock position. Took me a sec to process that it was all correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The missus got me a lovely Bulang & Sons Siena Brown leather Nato for Chrimbo, can't get over how soft the leather is, it's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭jefferson73

Yes, there is. The white is limited ed. 911 Porsche version, the red on the dial  represents the time take for the Porsche to reach 100km/h in 1963..9.1 secons

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Very similar to what I'm wearing today.

(Ignore the date... 🤣)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pressie from the kids, W86.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

This'll be some craic. Divers edition, comes with 2 sets of hands.

Now to try and find the time to assemble it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭dinorebel

New strap for the Gmt arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭dakar

No additions for me this year, but a roundy birthday coming up, so I might have to treat myself. Happy Christmas all!

@IrishPlayer I'm coming for ya!!

A fun challenge it must be said.

(Edited to add lume shot)

Post edited by Ian OB on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fair play Ian OB!. 🙂👌 Hands can be tricky so and so's.

On Christmas day(and my birthday) I always wear one of my dad's watches, sometimes go full two wristing same(missus)

I do love this big oul thing. Very steampunk. 🙂 At 43 mm, 50mm lug to lug, never mind the sticky out crown for use with gloves in open cockpits, it would have been a huge watch in the 1930's. Not in style at all, when what were In(c) were 25mm wide Tank watches. An actual "tool watch". I suppose like us all, can be a bit of a tool myself at times, so it kinda works. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A few new words were invented yesterday alright @Wibbs.

Second hand is a little off balance, so a few more will be created today I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Xmas present from the missus..love it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

🙂 Great to see others getting stuck in! Like anything, just takes time and practice fitting hands, judging the clearances, alignment and if the amps are low always check the seconds hand is not touching the crystal....... ask me how I know!😂

We use a great tool nicknamed " The Trumpet" for fitting hands, makes it so much easier getting them on flat and pressing them down to the correct height.

The movement is placed into one of those little movement blocks that has a adjustable pin that supports the center jewel for fitting the seconds hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

New Seiko Pepsi, this one doesn't seem to be Padi certified though!

Ignore my bezel please too dark to retake a photo now. Lume is greener in the flesh.

• Advertisement

If the water ever gets that high up the wall you’ll need more than a padi watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

New longines automatic (navy dial, navy alligator strap). 25mm so a bit smaller than I normally wear but I have 14.5cm wrists so ok I think. Love how the metallic navy dial changes in the light. Treated myself as i got it at a good price I think and it's a good staple and versatile piece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

New Hamilton it came with a beige strap changed it to this but I wanted a darker brown :)

Post edited by IrishHomer on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I got that one from Hamilton.

I was amazed each order online I made had next day delivery

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Years ago I had sourced a 40’s French steel expanding Bonklip* style bracelet in 18mm for my Doxa “DH” on the left, but had long been keeping an eye out for one in 16mm for my Alpina Kreigsmarine on the right. 16mm actual Bonklip's are nearly as common as muck(and I have a couple), but I wanted the elastic expanding type, AFAIK only made by the French ZRC brand(founded in 1904). Far more comfortable and useful imho. But not so easy to find in the size required.

Anyway just before Chrimbo I snaffled a NOS one from eBay.fr, as you do.. It arrived yesterday. So here it and they are:

And on the wrist:

This would currently be my smallest watch at 32mm, but funny enough the bracelet makes it look a good few mil larger.

Though in reviewing one corner of my hoard this did come to mind...

So well ahead of ye. 😂

*a seemingly British staple actually patented first by a Yank. Oops... i suppose the old saw of pioneers take the arrows, settlers take the land applies. As it so often does.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Arrived today after 8 month wait from ordering. Love it. Straum X Fratello Jan Mayen Edition

Post edited by Captainsatnav on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Need to get the original strap fixed, the joys of online shopping. Bought 22mm, not realising it's 24mm strap. Have crocodile strap @fulladapipes gave me when I bought Speedmaster Pro from him.

Basically, work in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

Happy New Year to all and hope 2024 will be a great one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Happy new year folks, bought myself a uv torch for Christmas and realised I’m atrocious at taking photos!

Advertisement