Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Love the Seiko. What's the reference. I'm missing having an orange diver. Swallows flying around here too, not sure if that's the first time I have seen them this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got it November 2012. Case and bezel of mine are well dinged up but it wears it well and the crystal doesn't have a mark on it and it was my daily watch for a good bit of that time. I baby it a bit more these days. Haven't had it serviced but it does gain a fair bit of time now probably not far of a minute a day. Not really an issue as I never wear it for more than a few days a time. Thought about getting it serviced but I'll probably wait till it really needs it. Probably should pick up an 7s26 movement or a watch I can use as a donor though.

There is one up an adverts at the minute looks in decent nick. Price is probably a little high? But SKX007's are going for more and they're only recently discontinued and a lot more common!

SKX781 Orange Monster 1st Gen. They do make a great colour for a diver. Seiko don't seem to have any current ones though I can see, Nemo Turtle on adverts pretty close to you!

Have a nest on our gable but they haven't returned yet.

Post edited by Ryath on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think servicing is over emphasised on these seiko movements , obviously it will need a service at some stage but they are low beat movement, accuracy is not great on them and when you only wear for a couple of days at a time you’re never going to get consistent accuracy from it anyway.With my seikos I’ll service them when they stop.

Thanks for pointing that one out on adverts, I hadnt seen it but I’ve sent a message so will see if I can agree a fair price .

like @unkel Ive been missing having a colourful diver .I have an orange seiko solar but would prefer an automatic.Always liked the monster but for some reason never picked one up.I’ve looked at the breitling divers with colourful dials but at near €3k with an eta movement they seem overpriced and as much as I like Breitling, if I’m at the €3-€4K mark my money is solely going into Tudor from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

You might remember I had the Zealande rubber strap for my seamaster. It was a tad short and as I was able to return for a refund I ordered the oem omega from weirs. Picked up this morning. The look isn't much different for a almost 200 euro premium over the Zealande but I'm happier with it. Of course I'd say that right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oem always feels better obviously a mental thing but I get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Mitch Mason Chronicle for my stroll above the Blessington Lakes this morning.

@hitemfrank - did you make it up as far as Mullaghcleevaun? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Not on this occasion. Went up from Lacken to Sorrel Hill and across to Black Hill then back down towards Lacken. An easy enough 14km loop.

It was my first set of moderate hills since having COVID (went for a walk last week and a tiny hill basically ruined me 😂) but next time I'm over that way Mullaghcleevaun is definitely on the cards.

It looked like you were up that way, hence me asking

Last time I was there I went up to solo camp at lough cleevaun. Bit of a rough trek to get there with a very heavy pack (I'm a bad sleeper and I like my comforts - my self inflating mattress alone weighs near 4kg). Was looking forward to a few hours of solitude after dark looking at the stars. But fool as I was, I hadn't checked the moon cycle and it turned out to be a full moon. So barely a star to be seen even though I was the guts of 10km from the nearest house, road or streetlight. Bummer! Had a wee swim in the lake in the morning and thankfully I wasn't devoured by the local monster folklore has it

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Stowa ikarus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

It's Yamazaki time. It's the GP today for a family get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭covey123

Saw the Garmin Instinct mentioned recently in another thread,heres a very out of focus shot from Torc mountain this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Arrived today. It's a big watch. It could do with some ar coating. If it were couple mm smaller would have been perfect. Will see how I get on with it for a while

@Pablo_Flox You lasted 3 months without buying and this time youve only lasted two weeks .Thats more like it .The white dial is great

I know, I fell off the wagon hard! Two King Samurais added to the watch box in a very short period. I was so impressed with the first one that I really wanted to try the white dial version.

I'm undecided if I will keep both - I really like both versions and they are different enough to justify it. But the bigger the collection gets the less love each watch gets. It's the age old problem!

My wife has bought me a King Samurai for my birthday next week so Im looking forward to seeing how different it is to the regular samurai.

Ive a watch to pick up this evening so I'm firmly in the more is better camp. Variety is the key and you only have to love the one on your wrist at any one time!

Do you know what version your wife got you, or is it a surprise?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Took the plunge on this , very happy with it, it’s older than I am !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Lovely! Never know where you might pic up a bracelet either!

• Advertisement

Not sure of the exact one , I’m easy to please though.

I picked up another Tudor this evening, the new model pro.T clasp is deadly , it’s very similar to the glide lock clasp but has a spring similar to the pelagos but without dive extension.Very nice upgrade from previous clasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I am honestly finding myself very tempted by 1 of these.

Lovely piece, well wear and thanks for the info on the clasp. It's food for thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Very nice! How is the thickness in hand? Almost 15mm not for faint hearted but the dome hides a bit I assume.

it wears bigger than the 39mm bb58 and no doubt it is a thick watch. But as you said the dome hides a good bit , the bezel slopes from the crystal outwards so that hides a bit as well.The actual case side is about 8mm , bezel and crystal is about 4mm and the rest is on the case back .It hides it very well .It doesn’t feel top heavy either.

You should try one on , welcome to try mine although I think we are a good distance away from each other.I tired on the steel and gold gmt aka root beer as well ,it’s nice but nothing wildly different from the Tudor Pepsi which I suppose is to be expected.I might get one on the leather as a gentle introduction of gold into the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Very nice, does that mean the new Tudor models are attainable in ADs?

I’d be all over the root beer, except I already have a two tone black bay so it doesn’t add much diversity to the collection!

Congrats, that is a great watch! I'm enjoying following you deep dive into the world of Tudor. In my opinion they are some of the best designed watches out there, regardless of price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Bought this today

• Advertisement

I believe stock is still an issue but with increasing production in their new factory and increased staff they are supposed to resolve it throughout this year.

I was told the bb pro I got is the first one they have had on a bracelet and had one other on a strap but they probably say that to all their customers.The panda chrono are a Breitling movement which is why they are still hard enough to get

Advertisement