Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Day trip to the watch fair in Birmingham 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

......along the banks of the Royal Canal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You had me starting to hum the oul triangle... 😁

That design is such great one IMHO. The later B-Uhr spec dial not so much by comparision.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Every time I see it I have pangs of regret for selling :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Way back in the 90's I had an original issued Stowa B-Uhr of that design. Cost me under 300 quid. Yeah. I only knew of the name because my dad had bought my mum a Stowa branded pendant watch for her birthday and I remember him telling me(and her. Dead rosemantic 😁) that they made "pilots watches for the luftwaffe", so he must have seen them back in the day. Trouble was it was daftly big. 50 odd mm. It would have looked daft on a well built bloke, never mind me with a build like 1.4 Mick Jaggers. I kinda used it as a pocket watch and a bedside table clock. So I sold it on a few years later for 900 quid, thinking I was doing great. Though they've stagnated in price of late they're around the 3 or 4 grand mark these days. Though at least I didn't lose money so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Thought I'd give the old 1970 Omega Dynamic a wear today. Always makes me think of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (you'll need to be of a certain age to get that reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I like those Dynamics, yours looks in great condition. Does it have hidden lugs for a standard springbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

This landed in the post today as a pre-birthday birthday present to myself. A 16610 from 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks great. They really are the most elegant of all subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Thanks. I did a lot of research, trying on subs and seadwellers galore (or whenever I could find one), all the while watching prices soar. This is a noticeably different beast from its successor(s). It's also quite differently balanced to my Speedmaster, which I've mostly been wearing for the last year.

I only have it since 10am so still enjoying the new purchase buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Hidden lugs. It's a weird system where the back of the watch screws off holds the strap in place. The movement can only be accessed by removing the crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How much will you sell it to me for down the line? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What year?

2021 €8k

2022 €9k

2023 €10k

2024 €11k

Etc. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

This arrived today after doing some trading with some other watches I had. My first time to own a GP - an underrated brand imo but with a big history. The finishing on this 42mm Laureato has to be seen - I will try and get better pictures of it but is a difficult watch to photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Lovely, they’re a classic and so versatile. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Very nice. Gotten a bit of attention lately.

Is it titanium?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

No, it is a combination of polished and brushed stainless. Very light to wear though

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Here's a Victorinox Hunter Mach 3 that I picked up recently, which was NOS. They stopped making them around 2004. It's an Ana-digi, with a pile of different features, times zones, stopwatches, etc., although accessibility is not particularly user friendly to put it mildly.

One interesting thing is that apparently this model was made for export to the Middle East. The usual Victorinox cross and shield logo is missing so as not to offend religious sensibilities in that part of the world (although it remains on the clasp...out of sight out of mind?)

I still dont know why my pictures are posting sideways, maybe Wibbs in his infinite kindness could rectify it!

Post edited by Wibbs on

I was able to tweak the first one anyway. I gather(from another thread) it's more likely to happen if posting pics from an iphone for some reason. Fecked if I know tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

New watch day for me! Tudor Black Bay Heritage on a bracelet.

I got it used, but seems to be in good condition apart from the usual bracelet scratches. I am having a hard time getting it to fit exactly how I would like, so I might need to source a half link.

I sold a few watches to get this one - including my NTH Barracuda which was a hommage to this one!

My collection has evolved a lot in the last 12 months. In fact when I look at my watch box now Vs at the start of the pandemic there are only 2 watches out of 12 that are still there and in regular rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

My work watch Casio Forester and a 1956 Lanchester Car. Car restoration complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Very nice Pablo, well wear! I totally get what you mean re: bracelet fit. I find that mine tends to have the clasp off centre. Now partly my own fault as weigh is up and down the last month or so due to dialling in my insulin dose but it can be a tricky bracelet to get the balance right on IME.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

Not wanting to take this off topic. So another photo of my Casio with the Lanchester.

My Rolex Date just would be a better fit for the car but work watch is worn

Not in hand just yet but shipped and hopefully here on Thursday. Dealt with a very pleasant lad on Chrono24 and I am really looking forward to laying it on my wrist.

I know it's not a Rolex but, it scratches 3 itches for me. It's Blue, it's Swiss and it's GMT. Maybe an Explorer 2 rival 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wow, never saw 24 hours markings on a Seamaster before. I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

i think they are rarer and as such appreciating in value more..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

very nice, i had done a deal on one of these on C24 and the seller backed out, they came back to me later but i had moved on, very handsome watch that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Like that GP, looks nice and slim. Well wear

Advertisement