Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

THe point of a watch being different in person than online is very valid. I obsessed over a number of watches in the past that were very disappointing in real life, and a number of luke warm punts I took turned out to be amazing. Then there are those ones that I could not fault but I just didnt bond with (its not you its me watches). I dont think you can really know a watch till you have owned it, the spending of your hard earned somehow makes the watch have to perform at a higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I wouldn’t take a luke warm punt .If I don’t like the look of it , I won’t buy it. yes I may not like it once I have it in my hand but it doesn’t work the other way for me .If it’s not love at first sight it will go no further.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Out and about this morning for first time in 18 months. I mean, I've been out but rarely at this time. Can't avoid the f'ing light on the bus.

Edit: sitting on the dock of the bay

Post edited by Birneybau on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dude, where's the rest of your arm?

How is your Speedie and hand just floating there...🤔😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement

Dad jokes are the best jokes!

I cannot pass camo anywhere without at least trying the "almost didn't see you there" line! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Speedy Tuesday

New to me - 2017 Z Blue Milgauss. Have had the black version twice before, this one popped up on adverts and I just had to have it (sorry savings account, I will make it up to you). Milgauss is quite marmite, but I do love them, good size, simple 3 hander and interesting dials. This Z Blue is interesting as the dial can be quite black to vibrant blue depending. I think there is a very very good chance this will be discontinued as its the older movement. Its had a 18 year run now.

@Fitz II Lovely watch but by Christ are you flying through them again 😂

No new watch for me (yet). But thanks to a very generous member here, I now have some red silicon for the Sinn's. Initially tried it out with the recently polished Sinn clasp 🙄 polishing was definitely a mistake 😂

So I pulled out a scotch brite pad and started brushing. It's a far softer finish and fun to try. I only risked both polishing and then brushing as I have a 2nd clasp. Don't mess with the finish on your watches .

I have some irons in the fire and have even sold my Pelagos so there may be something new to me before too long 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I really like the sinn silicone straps, but they are so expensive! €300 + postage for a bit of rubber is hard to justify.

• Advertisement

There's a seller on eBay that generally has them far cheaper and they are genuine 😉 seller is womanizer670.

He very rarely has clasps though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've been on the lookout for something a bit different lately, and this Prospex came up in an online sale through Dayt in Arnotts.

Really nice thing, comfortable and being solar is pretty much set and forget if worn daily. (The novelty of setting an automatic every other day has worn off!)

I can't find him, but I will have another search later when I have a bit more time. Thanks for the tip!

Dog picture - unfortunately my watch got in the way.

If it's dogs we are doing 😁 My lad is keeping me company in bed through a bout of ill-health That has me bed-ridden at the mo 😞 Thing is, he's never the big spoon tho!😂

What breed is he / she banie? Looks similar to my one!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks Pablo, he's a mongrel, with a strong hint of terrier in him. He will be 8 in a few weeks but is still a pup at heart. Very playful and curious and honestly...

Better company than most people too 😉

Got a great surprise phone call this morning from Weirs to say they had a 126610LN available and as I had previously expressed an interest in one would I like to call and buy it .Obviously not a difficult decision .

so my first Rolex from an AD.It’s not massively different to my 2020  114060 but I’ve only had it on my wrist a couple of hours so will see how it feels over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No way you bastard! Put it on side by side with your 2020 and you will see there is an enormous difference. The maxi case 40 looks completely wrong and out of proportion compared with the new 41. Well wear, a classic became even better this year

How long were you on the list and have you any history? I'm on the list in Weir's for a no-date sub since the first day the shops opened after the initial COVID lockdown myself. Whenever that was, maybe May or June 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Nice! Sell the old one and be done with it.

Have you other history aside from Rolex weirs?

I’m going to have a play around with the two and compare the differences with them tomorrow, will stick up a pic as well.

The 40mm is a no date which I prefer the clean look but this 41 date does seem to twinkle a little bit more with the light catching the cyclops.The chunkier clasp is a noticeable improvement.

I’ve no substantial history with weirs , all they had on my customer record was my panerai and a few minor bits of jewellery.I went on the list at the start of the year for a bi-metal and SS.They said 6-12 months for bi-metal and 2-3 years / maybe never for SS.When they rang they said we’ve both but you can only have one , which do you want and when will you be in ? No messing around , I would guess if your drag your heels it goes to someone else.

The thing to do is get on the list and be ready to go immediately if they ring.They said when the watches land in the morning they’re gone by that evening.I’ve gone onto the list for 41mm OP and they have said 2-3 years again ..

Well wear Scwazrh lovely watch. I dont see much different in the dimensions myself, was handling a 41mm TT sub during the week, but personally prefer the date version. THe no date is cleaner but somehow I like the date on a sub. FLog the old one, market is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You need to see them side by side. As always apologies for my brutal pictures and crap I can only show them turned at a wrong angle and below each other :-(

I can't find any way to put them side by side, maybe you can, Fitz? From a few weeks ago:

The 41 wears a lot bigger but it is much more elegantly proportioned. It took me by surprise I have to say. The maxi case never offended me, but now I have seen and worn the 41, I will never want its predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

A lazy Saturday morning in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Seamaster Saturday

A couple of pics of the 41 & 40 side by side . The main difference I’ve noticed so far is the 41mm is clearer . Had a quick google and it seems to be due to AR coating .It is noticeable clearer and allows the indices & hands to pop much more .

Size doesn’t feel that different on the wrist to me . The 40 looks fatter and the 41 looks longer .The clasp does feel more substantial under my wrist but not sure if that’s a positive or negative yet. My wife reckons the 41 looks more “Rolexy” .

I still prefer the sub display without the cyclops but as the 41 is completely new and I got it from an AD at retail I think if one goes it will have to be the 40.I don’t think I’ll have too many Rolex’s with the date of purchase being the same day I got it either .

If I had several Rolex I would keep both but there is so many more that I want it makes sense to roll one of these into a different model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Easy take off the cyclops I believe if you wish to clean up the display.

Side by side the difference is clear enough. But it’s tiny.

i am jealous, not of the watch, but of the dopamine hit you have!

• Advertisement

Makes sense to flip the older one. The differences are there when you look but they are very subtle. The lug to bracelet step is the biggest one, and widening the bracelet give it a more vintage vibe. I am a fan of the sudden step, I think its very cool, but the new one has more of a large pre ceramic vibe. But then the larger clasp is a trade off....Its all so subtle I dont think there is much in it, but remember the new movement with the longer service interval is a big plus on the new one.

Sub is such a great classic watch, its above criticism really.

Advertisement