Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh I wish it could be SixMas every day. Oh wait it is! Ireland vs Italy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's debatable, the Italian made contact with Ryan first and at full speed it looked more like he was slightly off balance.

It's not. Ryan clearly sticks out a foot in a tripping motion. His foot clearly makes contact with the Italian's right ankle. Whether it caused him to miss the tackle or not or he was already off balance is erroneous. It's foul play.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buer wrote: »
    Are people not seeing the fact that Ryan clearly attempted to trip the tackler and made contact with his boot?

TBH no I didn't see any deliberate trip effort. I only saw the arm go out.

Right decision if that's what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

eigrod wrote: »
    Knock on at the start, no?

No, it was a rip from Doris! Ref saw and waved it on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Stockdale Porter Keenan and Aki the standouts. Much better the last 10-15 min

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

ITV commentary " Clever kick by Sexton"

What? Gave Italy the ball back with f-all time left on the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭accensi0n

If JGP gets at least 20 mins there could be a flurry of tries at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭crossman47

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Murray did nothing wrong. Super kick into space

Some critics want to find fault with Murray no matter what he does

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Good first half. Looking forward to bonus point win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

Not too bad for their 1st game in 8 months. Keenan excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

bilston wrote: »
    Whatever about the defensive concerns, Stockdale is certainly giving an indication of what he can do going forward from 15.

Regardless of the disallowed try, he seems to have taken a lot of confidence from that break and is really attacking the line with gusto since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

I really like this backrow combination. We dont have the players to out muscle the big sides. An athletic mobile back row could suit us if we can get playing a high tempo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That's debatable, the Italian made contact with Ryan first and at full speed it looked more like he was slightly off balance.

I thought the arm up was a natural reaction to a bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It's not. Ryan clearly sticks out a foot in a tripping motion. His foot clearly makes contact with the Italian's right ankle. Whether it caused him to miss the tackle or not or he was already off balance is erroneous. It's foul play.

He didn't even need to do it. I think it was marginal, but as always put the shoe on the other boot, and you'd expect the penalty to be given in your favour.

Really shame as it would have been a brilliant try, great run from Stockdale and Keenan's pace was there for all to see.

At full speed it wasn't clear cut to me, will have a look back after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What is the point in Italy, or this match even. Surely there has to be something better for the 6 nations than this shower every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

It's so good having a confident finisher like Keenan. Don't get me wrong, Conway has been really good with the chances he's had in the starting 15 for 2 years but ya just can't beat a lad breaking on to the scene like Keenan/Stockdale in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Sexton been our worst player in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very similar to Leinster v Zebre last night. Home side levels above the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

razorblunt wrote: »
    I thought the arm up was a natural reaction to a bump.

That's all it was in reality.

Italy give away 70,000 penalties at the breakdown without so much as a word with the Captain and Ryan gets done for an instinctive reaction to a barge when there was no line set. Crap reffing this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Sexton been our worst player in the first half.

Honestly I'd have to go with Beirne. Empty jersey in first half.

• Advertisement

Who’s the lady on comms on ITV?
    Feel sorry for her, she’s not said anything wrong yet but struggles to get her words out at times. Presumably just a case of settling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Larbre34 wrote: »
    That's all it was in reality.

Italy give away 70,000 penalties at the breakdown without so much as a word with the Captain and Ryan gets done for an instinctive reaction to a barge when there was no line set. Crap reffing this half.

Since when is putting your foot out to trip someone an instinctive reaction to a bump?

bilston wrote: »
    Whatever about the defensive concerns, Stockdale is certainly giving an indication of what he can do going forward from 15.

Keenan is electric...what a first half from him

The back row has been superb.

Thought his decision making has been suspect to be honest. Ignored an overlap and took contact, his kick over the top has given away possession and he was lucky not to kick out on the full.

I've seen little so far against Italy to impress bar the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Murray, Doris, CJ and Keenan,
    Once out backs cloaked it was terrific

Best Murray has played in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

12 tackle and none missed. Empty Jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Nope. Our top tackler and involved in a few turnovers. Nobody on that team not doing their jobs so far. We have been sloppy at times but certainly isnt any passengers in this team so far

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Murrays kick was absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That analysis of Ireland's first try is gas. Two Ringrose snipes and we're over a few phases later. That's from your outside centre deputising at scrum half. Such a shame he went off injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Nope. Our top tackler and involved in a few turnovers. Nobody on that team not doing their jobs so far. We have been sloppy at times but certainly isnt any passengers in this team so far

Did realise he made so many tackles... But I'd rather have Dillane there.

• Advertisement

What’s O’Driscoll’s special dispensation for all the travel to the UK in a lockdown?

Advertisement