Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rikand wrote: »
    Lamptey is well worth it imo

Worth moving or keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

gammygils wrote: »
    Castagne news now has made a right shlte of my plans. Was to do Grealish/Costa in for Pereira/Barnes for a hit. My defense is compromised enough as it is with Reece James, Mitchell and 1 point Lamptey
    Might keep Pereira for the Fulham game and get Grealish and a fairly decent def

I would keep your Pereira and barnes and change castagne to chilwell or zouma , I do think grealish will bounce back soon so handy to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Podence is getting one more chance this week. Mostly because I made a mistake getting Ben Davies in. Got 10 points from him over two games at least but he was playing last night and had a howler for the goal against Spurs. Pretty sure he won't start this GW so would like a starter.

I see Chilwell mentioned a lot but I like the look of Reece James. He's picked up bps in 3 of the 4 games he's played so far and after watching a bit of the United Chelsea match last weekend I think he's justified keeping his spot in the starting 11. Will Alonso force him out though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Podence is getting one more chance this week. Mostly because I made a mistake getting Ben Davies in. Got 10 points from him over two games at least but he was playing last night and had a howler for the goal against Spurs. Pretty sure he won't start this GW so would like a starter.

I see Chilwell mentioned a lot but I like the look of Reece James. He's picked up bps in 3 of the 4 games he's played so far and after watching a bit of the United Chelsea match last weekend I think he's justified keeping his spot in the starting 11. Will Alonso force him out though?

Had James on my WC, great fun to own. But Azpi is the problem.

If he played every week hed be a lock in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's getting one more week for me too I think, unless we get positive news on Rodriguez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Podence is getting one more chance this week.

Same, going to try and find the funds to upgrade him to Zaha next week. Probably means downgrading Robertson which I'm not too comfortable about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I would keep your Pereira and barnes and change castagne to chilwell or zouma , I do think grealish will bounce back soon so handy to have him.

Looking at this, also looking at Michael Keane, so options are:

a - Castagne to Zouma and bank 2nd FT
    b - Castagne to Keane and bank 2nd FT
    c - Castange and TAA to Chilwell and Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Went a bit mental and have taken a -12 .... But to counter the points loss overall I hit the bench boost chip....eeek.

So now I have TAA, Robbo, bamford and Ryan on my bench ... Here's hoping nobody is injured or doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,252 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Decided I'm going to sell Sterling but I'm not sure when. It's either this week or next.

Might look to get Rashford in and capitalise on his form for a couple of weeks.

Rashford v Arsenal or Sterling v SHU?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This week im going wit hthe below not sure to cpatian Kane or Salah as captain ,
    Anyone you'd take out ?

Martinez

Robbo, Kilman , James

salah , Son, Foden, Grealish , Rodriguez

Kane DCL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Have 9.4m to spend on a forward

Werner, Ings and Jimi look the safest options

Any of the 3 a cut above for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

welchy wrote: »

I'm a big fan of Ings, he's on pens and everything goes through him.

He's been involved in 6 of their 8 goals this season.

If they score, high chance you'll get points.

Not a huge ceiling but he's consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

welchy wrote: »

Werner is explosive - will be double digit or 2 points
    Ings is super consistent
    Jimi plays for Wolves who are grinding out results, but given same price as ings, i would have Ings all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'm a big fan of Ings, he's on pens and everything goes through him.

He's been involved in 6 of their 8 goals this season.

If they score, high chance you'll get points.

Not a huge ceiling but he's consistent.

Ings would be my choice also among those 3, but it is very close. Jiminez is reliable but rarely gets more than a goal/assist, and Wolves don't look great attack wise. Werner could be amazing but he is taking a while to settle in.

Soucek to Zaha

Was thinking of getting in Rodriguez but with the injury news, Zaha has both the form and fixtures to slot in. He's one of these players I've never seemed to have much luck with, hopefully this time will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have 1 FT after WC last week.

Went with Maupay who disappointed at home to West Brom.

Now thinking of a switch to Callum Wilson.

Maupay has tot, BUR in the next 2.

Wilson has EVE, sou. All before the international break.

Seems to be more about Wilson, has 6 contributions in Newcastles 8 goals.

Maupay by comparison has 5 out of their 10.

Silly move or bank the transfer? Leaning on the side of Wilson.

I’d bank.

I’d rather own Maupay than Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Will Saiss start tonight do you reckon or has Kilman replaced him, with Marcal LWB?
    Very hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Worth moving or keeping?

Moving imo. 3 tough games in their next 4 where they are unlikely to keep clean sheets and then you're looking to attacking potential. Chilwell offers significantly more in that regard and a better chance of clean sheets

Brighton have Spurs, Burnley, Villa, Pool ( burnley the only realistic clean sheet chance there)
    Chelsea have Burnley, Sheffield, Newcastle, Spurs ( First 3 games all realistic clean sheet chances [even this season] plus more attacking returns possible also )

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Will Saiss start tonight do you reckon or has Kilman replaced him, with Marcal LWB?
    Very hard to know.

You've answered your own question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d bank.

I’d rather own Maupay than Wilson.

I’m the opposite

Can’t see the Maupay attraction. Brighton are a poor team

Wilson is a proven points getter

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m the opposite

I wouldn't agree Brighton are poor. They have goals in the team, and were unlucky not to beat Chelsea and especially Man Utd.

Newcastle attackers are staying well away from my team. So poor going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m the opposite

Brighton already beat Newcastle 3-0 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Werner is explosive - will be double digit or 2 points
    Ings is super consistent
    Jimi plays for Wolves who are grinding out results, but given same price as ings, i would have Ings all day long.

How is Werner explosive?
    He is extremely consistent based on Leipzig. But at Chelsea he also only scored in one PL match with a single assist in another game.

It's too early to say he is one thing or another, but if he reaches his potential form he'll be scoring for fun and will be essential. Not there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Would I be mad to go Lamptey -> Coufal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

JPA wrote: »
    How is Werner explosive?
    He is extremely consistent based on Leipzig. But at Chelsea he also only scored in one PL match with a single assist in another game.

It's too early to say he is one thing or another, but if he reaches his potential form he'll be scoring for fun and will be essential. Not there yet.

Ziyech playing will make a big difference, he's an assist machine. I think that Chelsea attack will share the points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would I be mad to go Lamptey -> Coufal?

Not mad no, but West Ham have lost a lot of their attacking potential with Antonio out injured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hamaz & Castnagne both injured...

Only 1 FT...

With both injured, are they protected from price drops or not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Hamaz & Castnagne both injured...

Only 1 FT...

With both injured, are they protected from price drops or not?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Im going to do Hamez to Pulisic I think

I only got one rise from him, and I think he’ll drop off the back off his injury, so nothing to lose from it really

Advertisement