Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mattie McGrath: anti - lockdown champion!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Proclamation of 1916 is neither the Constitution or Law of the Land. It's a message of hope and liberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Water John wrote: »
    The Proclamation of 1916 is neither the Constitution or Law of the Land. It's a message of hope and liberty.
    Wrong. It proclaimed the true Irish Republic which counter-revolutionaries sought to subvert, including the abandonment of the Six Counties. The fact that these Quislings seek to cede power to Brussels is yet more evidence that they have no respect for the sovereignty and unity of the Republic, which are inalienable and non-judicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Risteard81 wrote: »
    They seek to subvert the Republic proclaimed in 1916 by implementing totalitarian rule on the Irish People. As I stated, this is an act of Treason.

You need to speak with somebody who has knowledge of the law. What you are saying is incorrect.

There is no subversion, just laws implemented with saving lives and maintaining the health of everyone in the country.

Treason is defined as ... “the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government”

None of that is happening. What has happened is restrictive laws have been passed to prevent behaviors that can and will endanger the health and wellbeing of the country and it’s citizens. Breaking these laws, now THAT is treason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As a matter of interest Risteard do you acknowledge the Dail as the governing body of the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Still in your job yeah

I work in the creative industry - my job has taking a bashing actually. I’ve lost clients and budgets have shrunk. The future is precarious (in an already precarious industry) but I live in hope. I am grateful for the safety net that is the PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I work in the creative industry - my job has taking a bashing actually. I’ve lost clients and budgets have shrunk. The future is precarious (in an already precarious industry) but I live in hope. I am grateful for the safety net that is the PUP.

So the answer is yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Water John wrote: »
    As a matter of interest Risteard do you acknowledge the Dail as the governing body of the country?
    I recognise the 1st and 2nd Dáil Éireann, and look forward to the convening of the 3rd Dáil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

So the answer is yes

Did you not read my post? The PUP payment is for people who’ve lost their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Did you not read my post? The PUP payment is for people who’ve lost their job.

Yes I did read your post . You're still working I got it . The people who aren't need to shut up and get on with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I recognise the 1st and 2nd Dáil Éireann, and look forward to the convening of the 3rd Dáil.

Don’t get Covid , you might not then be around to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

They seek to subvert the Republic proclaimed in 1916 by implementing totalitarian rule on the Irish People. As I stated, this is an act of Treason.

Im from Mayo so actually if you dont mind im staying loyal to the Republic of Connacht declared at Castlebar on August 31st, 1798.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Wrong. It proclaimed the true Irish Republic which counter-revolutionaries sought to subvert, including the abandonment of the Six Counties. The fact that these Quislings seek to cede power to Brussels is yet more evidence that they have no respect for the sovereignty and unity of the Republic, which are inalienable and non-judicable.

He is not wrong in what he stated, it
    is neither the Constitution or Law of the Land

Just listen to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes I did read your post . You're still working I got it . The people who aren't need to shut up and get on with it

He's out of work, he's on the PUP payment, pretty apparent if you read the post without being blinded by confirmation bias.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

How dare Mattie McGrath or anyone else devalue the names of those that fought for our freedom. Firstly maybe Dan Breen and Sean Treacy would have been all for the wearing of masks, Mattie McGrath and these other gob****es such as Sior Eireann use the names of those who fought for Ireland as nothing more than cheap advertising tools to promote their own crap policies. Secondly Dan Breen and Sean Treacy actually fought for Ireland and risked being on the receiving end of British bullet so that we can enjoy the democracy that we live in today. It's not the same war.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
Advertisement