Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 5 Restrictions - Q & A Megathread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Interesting

I've just heard an ad for Carphone Warehouse too advertising "we're open for all your essential phone needs"

So there's loads more retail open during Lockdown 2 versus Lockdown 1? I haven't been into Dublin's city centre in ages so I'm not sure

Is Penneys still open for the Hunzos?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yeah we needed to go to Harvey Norman to get a wifi booster. We just moved house and needed it to work from home. Pretty essential! But you can't browse other sections such as beds and furniture, they're all taped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Interesting

I've just heard an ad for Carphone Warehouse too advertising "we're open for all your essential phone needs"

So there's loads more retail open during Lockdown 2 versus Lockdown 1? I haven't been into Dublin's city centre in ages so I'm not sure

Is Penneys still open for the Hunzos?

Pretty sure phones are considered essential for work purposes at the very least.

It seems the same shops are allowed to be open as last time but they are much stricter on what they can sell. Lockdown 1 home store and more was open and you could buy anything - Lockdown 2, anything deemed non essential is blocked off and only available for click and collect (xmas decorations, photo frames & art, furniture)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Quick question. I may have to travel up to Newry (from Wicklow) on Friday as part of work to photograph a person for a Christmas campaign.
    Anyone have any ideas how I should plan for the trip up and back (as in permission etc.)? It's a freelance job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭phormium

No way to get permission as such that I know of, have you work/business card to prove your job and anything to show you need to be there like email printed etc. Chances are they won't even read them if you're stopped but best to have something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Is collecting a car considered “essential”?

May need to get a train to Belfast to collect it. I think there is random spot checks on trains and probably a Garda checkpoint on roads on way back...can I say I needed to get a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Auscast wrote: »
    Quick question. I may have to travel up to Newry (from Wicklow) on Friday as part of work to photograph a person for a Christmas campaign.
    Anyone have any ideas how I should plan for the trip up and back (as in permission etc.)? It's a freelance job.

Hi, my mother in Belfast had a mini stroke 6 weeks ago & I wanted to go up to see her. I contacted my local Garda station, who directed me to HSE for guidance. I also called my TD for advice. HSE and TD were helpful - both said Garda would use their discretion at checkpoints. As it happens, I wasn’t stopped once. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

New2Dubs wrote: »
    Hi, my mother in Belfast had a mini stroke 6 weeks ago & I wanted to go up to see her. I contacted my local Garda station, who directed me to HSE for guidance. I also called my TD for advice. HSE and TD were helpful - both said Garda would use their discretion at checkpoints. As it happens, I wasn’t stopped once. All the best.

Thanks @New2Dubs and others for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

When does level 5 end? Is it in force the day of the 1st of December? Or is it the 30th of November that is the last day of restrictions?

Advertisement