Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Good few country's after banning travel to the UK. Defitley going to see another few pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Come on Ryan Searle

Class walk on song!!

TbL

Searle playing very nicely for a lad that can hardly see the board 🀣

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 38,063 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

US2 wrote: »
    Good few country's after banning travel to the UK. Defitley going to see another few pull out

It would be seen as essential travel?

Very impressive from Ryan Searle

Really like Searle, down to to earth and very competitive on his day.

Hope he goes deep

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Very impressive from Ryan Searle

Really like Searle, down to to earth and very competitive on his day.

Hope he goes deep

TbL

Ian White or Kim Huybrechts next, so has every chance if he keeps playing like that I reckon

There's quite a lot of Ryans in the tournament this year

boomdocker wrote: »
    Ian White or Kim Huybrechts next, so has every chance if he keeps playing like that I reckon

Hopefully, he has a bit of a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and I was waiting for JdZ to make a comeback tonight.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It would be seen as essential travel?

How?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All seems a bit underwhelming so far, not sure if its the no crowd or the whole flat atmosphere

Can only pick up when Rounds 1 and 2 are over

It will pick up alright but you'd wonder has Darts golden era passed.

Between Barneys win in 2007 to Rob Cross winning in 2018 its seems like Darts had a great run.

There is a high standard amongst the top 7/8 players but there seems to be rapid change at the very top now compared to a decade ago. It's good in one sense that the likes of Dmitri and De Sousa can win majors but they don't seem like long termers. The extreme nature of the Tours seems to point to shorter and shorter careers.

Around 2011-12 you had players with a bit more character for better or worse. Taylor, Barney, Jenkins, Lewis, etc. Price and MVG add a bit but it appears that players are a bit less interesting than before. Losing Taylor and Barney has had an effect I reckon.

Then there's the uncertainty of crowds. It could be a while before we get the raucous atmosphere of Darts Fans. It could hit Darts way more than other sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

shockframe wrote: »

Between Barneys win in 2007 to Rob Cross winning in 2018 its seems like Darts had a great run.

There is a high standard amongst the top 7/8 players but there seems to be rapid change at the very top now compared to a decade ago. It's good in one sense that the likes of Dmitri and De Sousa can win majors but they don't seem like long termers. The extreme nature of the Tours seems to point to shorter and shorter careers.

Around 2011-12 you had players with a bit more character for better or worse. Taylor, Barney, Jenkins, Lewis, etc. Price and MVG add a bit but it appears that players are a bit less interesting than before. Losing Taylor and Barney has had an effect I reckon.

Then there's the uncertainty of crowds. It could be a while before we get the raucous atmosphere of Darts Fans. It could hit Darts way more than other sports.

dimi and de sousa won majors in the lockdown with no fans,think it might have been different if there was the normal packed house and fans

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Didnt get into the darts this year at all, watched a couple minutes of it earlier when Henderson and his opponent came on stage, thought it was a real sorry sight with no crowd. What has it been like as a spectacle to watch?

Degag wrote: »
    How?:confused:

Elite sport?

TbL

shockframe wrote: »

Not sure about Golden Eras but seems to be one of the most open Worlds i've ever seen. Like, there has to be 6 or 7 players at least who if they won,i wou'dn't be surprised.

Elite sport?

TbL

Ah yeah, fair enough,

Fancy Joyce to win this.

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Very high standard so far. Joyce throwing very well.

Fancy Joyce to win this.

TbL

So did I.

Ratajski hugely impressive there. Joyce didn't do a whole lot wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Excellent player Ratajski
    Tough for him now having to stay put in London, unable to travel home to his family, hope he does well

There’s no logic or reason to it but Huybrechts really really annoys me.

Can’t stand him

TbL

• Advertisement

There’s no logic or reason to it but Huybrechts really really annoys me.

Can’t stand him

TbL

Hope Searle takes him out...

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ian White what a fantastic scorer cant hit a double to save his life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Best match of the tournament so far! What a game. Excellent standard from both players. Too many missed doubles from White though.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ian White what a fantastic scorer cant hit a double to save his life

Yep couldn’t finish his dinner!!

TbL

Ian White what a bottler

Seems to always go in to competitions with a little hype but always goes out early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Good start for Jamie Lewis. 1-0

Jesus Christ Mardle is even more annoying than usual. The way he is pronouncing Price's first name!:mad:

Price another player who struggles with the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Degag wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Mardle is even more annoying than usual. The way he is pronouncing Price's first name!:mad:

He does that all the time. Gerrrr-wyn. It's infuriating!

• Advertisement

He does that all the time. Gerrrr-wyn. It's infuriating!

Part and Webster are very good.

At least this year we don’t have to listen to T. Gulliver

TbL

Advertisement