Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,061 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG another player that seems to have lost a bit of weight

Suppose a hectic touring schedule would cause a little weight gain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Can't believe Heta lost. Was waiting on him a fair few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Jesus MvG's BOOOOMs are insufferable.

Murray very impressive.

MVG didn't have it all his way, Murray played well. MVG will be dangerous now

Scheduling for this is strange. Looking at tomorrows line up, a Sunday when they'd probably get the most viewers looks fairly crap to the casual watcher. Johnny Clayton probably the biggest name. Can see a lot of 3-0s

• Advertisement

108 average for MvG. I think he will win it anyway. Haven't done any out right bets because I'm convinced mvg wins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

so after a few days who do yous fancy?,i know some have still not played yet.

US2 wrote: »
    Scheduling for this is strange. Looking at tomorrows line up, a Sunday when they'd probably get the most viewers looks fairly crap to the casual watcher. Johnny Clayton probably the biggest name. Can see a lot of 3-0s

Yeah had a look at it earlier. Good few players i'd never heard of.

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah had a look at it earlier. Good few players i'd never heard of.

Yep. I'm a darts fanatic but there's 4 or 5 players there I've never heard of and another few who are certain to lose. I think the expansion really dilutes the quality. They say Christmas doesn't start till the darts do but really the darts doesn't start till after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Much better standard today with Lennon, Waites, Huybrechts, King and MVG all playing really well.

Ominous signs for the field with Mighty Mike averaging 109 straight off the bat.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Much better standard today with Lennon, Waites, Huybrechts, King and MVG all playing really well.

Ominous signs for the field with Mighty Mike averaging 109 straight off the bat.

and still could have dropped 2 sets and against a better player it would have been 2-2 and game onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

bassy wrote: »
    so after a few days who do yous fancy?,i know some have still not played yet.

MvG
    Looks like the heavy scoring is back so that will get him past most, especially over the longer format
    Can't see anyone in his quarter to trouble him with the exception of DvdB

Looking further ahead if he were to breeze to the semis he'd prob play Michael Smith
    Bottom half looks much tougher - peter wright has lots of potential banana skins and the bottom quarter looks like price v aspinall again

So for me it's MvG

His scoring isn't his problem, not as good as before but it's his finishing thats the problem this year. Is 109 the highest ever first round average ?

His scoring isn't his problem, not as good as before but it's his finishing thats the problem this year. Is 109 the highest ever first round average ?

109 yes

bassy wrote: »
    109 yes

Even Taylor was always fairly Shakey first game. Mvg means business

Even Taylor was always fairly Shakey first game. Mvg means business

longer the set play further suits power and mvg

MvG was either 7/2 or 9/2 before the tournament on PP (as a "Power Price")

Remember looking at it and thinking i'll probably regret not taking it in about 20 days time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Matijn Kleermaker ruled out of tournament due to coronavirus. His opponent has a bye

Sound seems out of whack with the visuals. Harrington talking away while his mouth is closed

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Matijn Kleermaker ruled out of tournament due to coronavirus. His opponent has a bye

And Josh Payne his alternative ruled out in similar circumstances.

Didn't know they had alternatives in the tournament but might have made sense to have more than 1 in current circumstances.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the match ups and schedule for the 27th onwards

Round 1 finishing tonight

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone know the match ups and schedule for the 27th onwards

Round 1 finishing tonight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

Not the greatest quality but a fun match this.

Brutal, but at least the two of them were equally brutal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Come on the Prime Time player. Edgar is a sound lad, love his youtube channel.

All seems a bit underwhelming so far, not sure if its the no crowd or the whole flat atmosphere

Can only pick up when Rounds 1 and 2 are over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Come on the Prime Time player. Edgar is a sound lad, love his youtube channel.

Plays Mensur Suljovic in second round, well capable of getting a result especially with his doubling

Is Gary Anderson playing tonight?

Pdc app all the over the place with fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is Gary Anderson playing tonight?

Pdc app all the over the place with fixtures

He was scheduled to but they switched his match with Johnny Clayton's on Wednesday afternoon.

Anderson was self-isolating having been in contact with a person who has subsequently received a positive Covid-19 test result.

• Advertisement

He was scheduled to but they switched his match with Johnny Clayton's on Wednesday afternoon.

Anderson was self-isolating having been in contact with a person who has subsequently received a positive Covid-19 test result.

That explains it

Only 3 games this evening with one been cancelled and Cameron Carolissen getting the bye to the 2nd round afaik

Chizzy vs Brown/Meikle game also lost in the shuffle. I copy and pasted the schedule from the pdc event information page but can't find that game in the Round 2 scheduled ?

Advertisement