Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone ever deal with prestige farm painters from kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Tileman

no dealt with flynn farm painters from Tipp.
    they were on I thought but see a small but peeling now already .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lol. I was fed jam sandwiches in primary school. By the time lunch came around the bread would be soggy and purple, not very appealing. Anyway my parents sold an upright piano and when the buyer came, it was shifted away from the wall and an avalanche of mouldy sandwiches spilled out from behind it!

I could never understand why he wouldn't give them to the dog or throw them in the ditch on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭kk.man

Never heard of them. I get a murphy chap from Callan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Gerard a gentleman and tasty out. Couldnt reccomend him enough to the auld fella here but he ended up going with a fella only one step outta the camp in the end as a particular lad locally got him "hed be a good judge of a fella" he says. All well and good and he going around panicking and fretting afterwards wed keep having visitors around the place. Weve no exact location where the powerwasher is at present however its fucked in a ditch somewhere apparently where nobody not even us can find it. Absolute slobbering and bolloxing cant wait to get on a plane and leave all that **** behind me for good hopefully.

Better living everyone

Had a lad here this evening, very pushy. Started out at 4500, ended at 1500, payment in October. Very very pushy. I kept saying no. I wont be here if he comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

The paint only peels off the zinc anyway, its alljust a waste of time and money and pollution after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I just threw it on there, ididnt bother with any changes, I'll look at I again and I can be amending it away if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

you’re wrong there. I have met many a different child where life circumstances are close to impossible.

I have seen a mother outside primary school buttering bread and handing it into her children through the gates of the school because if the loaf was at home- her partner would have it gone and off to the pub with him.

while in the uk, I used to buy a 9yo breakfast every morning in the canteen- one day I was out and he came running into the classroom looking to buy me breakfast- he had found a £2. The teacher in my place said why don’t you buy it tomorrow- the response- lads like me don’t get to keep £2 long. Either a bully would take it or the parent.

I’ve witnessed children with single mothers so depressed that the child is the parent,

And I have multiple accounts like that or worse.

you can say state bodies to intervene but animal welfare will take a dog out of a house with bad conditions before child welfare would take a child.

• Advertisement

Very rare to hear of kids being taken off parents now, too much paperwork and hurdles to jump through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭green daries

Very true night . I've heard multiples of them same stories and conditions that families and kids find themselves in. It always causes me great distress to hear that the most vulnerable in our society's are sooo neglected. I think back to when my wife started out In an inner city school. The teachers were saints packing up the bits of leftover foods( and buying bits themselves sometimes) . And giving them to the most vulnerable kids who the knew wouldn't get anything else until they returned to school the next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Gone this morning at 4am.

I wasn't even sure there was a 4 am.

That's 12 days from when they were read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭straight

I think we are both saying the same thing actually. The parents need to be dealt with instead of constantly spoiling them with handouts. A man that won't feed his family and just go to the pub is a sick man and should not have any right to have children until he straightens himself out.

I've travelled the world and being to very poor countries. The survival instinct of human beings is a sight to behold. Most of us will just do what it takes. But sure if someone else will do it for these people why should they bother their own holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

The survival instinct goes out the window with substance abuse which is nearly always the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

you make it sound like a choice- many an undiagnosed mental disorder goes unchecked.

Our powers that be put very little effort into solving problems to the point that these charities have to be created.

Finland is deemed as the best education system in the world and every child under 18 gets free school meals and I think even some get them at weekend.

Ya well, substance abuse begins with a choice. I know an alcoholic that had her family taken. Horrific scene but the children are better off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭50HX

Spot on

And there is the biggest unspoken about virus ripping through the country but sure its suits the narrative to focus on immigration,housing & left wing ideology etc taking centre stage.

Someone was telling me of a team told to stay off alcohol during the season , they went on cocaine instead. No one being tested for it. Don't be thinking it's just down and outs that are taking it, it's everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Would anyone have a suggestion on a bog standard smart phone for someone who's not into technology? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

https://www.facebook.com/IrishFarmersJournal/videos/848196770472344

First in the mid weight heifer class at #BalmoralShow goes to a Laois heifer bred by Sean Ramsbottom and shown by NI based JCB commercials. She was purchased at the Winter fair in Carrick in November for €10,100.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Nokia have a basic phone back out now. My dad uses a Samsung, he doesnt use the Internet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Youngsters growing up in homes with addiction problems don’t have it easy. What are their choices.

Yes I agree. Address the cause is what I'm saying. Some people need a serious kick up the arse. I lived and worked with guys in the city for years that would only work 20 hours a week because they would lose their benefits. The system is too generous to these people and they need to be protected from themselves. The single mother scam is another joke. Taking from the genuine cases. Social workers have some sh1t to put up with. My sister works with alot of those people and they are viscious fighting for handouts all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

There is a lot of house holds in Ireland with a functional alcoholic and makes money tight for the wife to run a family on, the fellow who goes to the pub every night drinks 4 or 5 pints each night after work and 7 or 8 on the weekends and smokes about 30 fags every day, one income coming in money is always tight, with the rise in the cost of living in the last number of years it’s getting harder, know a lot of these lads local and went to school with some of them.

Another thing I've learnt is dont give cash as a birthday present to these kids as they'll never see it. Smyths voucher or whatever.

According to Virgin 2 there's plenty money around for only fans. I'd nearly start off an account myself. 250k a month like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

II'd Say there's far more households where the mother is a functioning alcoholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭Grueller

And never seen in the pub. A sister here is a nurse and says sclerosis of the liver is almost exclusive to 50 something women at this stage. The wine o'clock sh1te is driving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Know one lady who had been going for the 2nd bottle of wine every evening during covid. Had to cut it out but was lucky she /family realised the start of dependancy

Advertisement