Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Most dairy farmers don't get dirty wellies in any case.

Moccasin's are more than adequate around the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Did anyone just see that they wheeled out a woman from the farmers journal for about 3 mins at most to talk about weather crisis on agriculture. I suppose we can be thankful that they didnt mention climate change in those 3 mins. I couldnt believe that they wrapped up the program within a few mins of bringing her on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,186 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

That was some finish to the Chelsea Manchester United game, worth staying up for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It was an insane finish.

Times change no matter what, United playing Chelsea in April was what decided the title back 15 years ago. Often had a crowd gathered in my local for it.

Hasn't been a relevant fixture in a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone have a blue washing setup that is more nuanced that brush and a hose? I've used the air compressor at times to clean soles - good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Packrat

Re the wellies hanger, - a couple of observations:

1. You have plenty grown up help there, or else like me you've two sets of wellingtons. Kids ones could be accommodated in pony/donkey shoes.

2. In my case, I never remove the Swampmaster rain pants from the wellies, - when it dries up enough to not need them, I use hiking boots.

3. I've a car port roof between the house and the garage so Crocs transfer me to the garage and wellies, sh1tty rain pants and wet jackets remain there along with wet beanie hats up on the oil boiler. It's the saving of my marriage.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Be careful with the oil boiler and clothing. Overalls set ours on fire in placement many years ago. Lucky we were around when it went on fire...life lesson learnt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Yea, I hate the smell of wellies in the house, we use a shed in the yard for wellies and waterproofs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Must be something wrong with my nose, I can't smell a thing !

I'd get depressed togging on and off in a garage or shed. We've a boiler room with its own door in especially for the job.

Our house is our home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Time to batten down the hatches here and hope the morning isn't too severe, although I'd say I'll be out tonight with a cow calving.

Best of luck to those near the coast, I hope everyone stays safe and nothing gets damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭RockOrBog

70 mph gusts promised here, the neighbours old hayshed will probably take off I'd say. Hopefully it doesn't come this direction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Yep - tried to dry out long johns that way a few years ago, and it didn't end well:(

It's mainly when I go visiting after a shower I smell the boots at the door, generally the working clothes you're wearing at work stink anyway and mask the smell when you go into your house. You wouldn't want to smell the interior of my jeep during lambing when we had all the sheep.

Not many now have dirty working boots and work clothes in the house nowadays

Don't have children, don't think I'd have the patience for their carry on any way.

Just watching Late LATE Show about kidney transplants reminded me of a local that got her mothers kidney when she was a child, she's in her fifties now and her kidney packed in and her daughter then gave her a kidney.

Ray darcy interviewed her and she told him that her daughter only had the kidney borrowed as she gave it to her daughter in the first place when she was being made in the womb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭Grueller

Apologies wrangler I thought you had mentioned children in previous posts. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Listening to Jordan Petersons book at the moment, 12 rules for life. Rule number two care for yourself as youd care for someone in youre care. How many times have most of us not finished out an antibiotic programme or similar? Well the said reality is despite the hardship of dialysis and poor quality of life pre transplant for recipients, the most common cause for failed transplants is not taking the immunity blockers as prescribed after the transplant i know two fellas aroubd the 30 mark at present soon to start dialysis due to neglect of their diabetes long road ahead for them.

Better living everyone

Daughter here has 3 kidneys, apparently more common than you'd think as alot of people would never get a scan on their kidneys. Oh has 1, had the other one removed aged 1

No problem, I always say there was some child spared when I didn't have them.

My wife was very disappointed and then she had a hysterectomy in her thirties which didn't go well and dealt the final no, I thought I was going to lose her at one stage.

I lost my only brother and my parents shortly after in my twenties,

Since that I've learnt there's just some things you have no control over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Is there any chance anyone on here has a number for a cure of a sprain or anything similar that might help? 11 days held back with it now and getting fed up. Have rang a number for burns several times and found great relief from it.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

Sounds like more than a sprain , did you get an xray

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

you’d need to be very soft for a sprain to hold you back after 11 days. Maybe something else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

11 days is much time. How bad a sprain, they can take months to recover fully. Plenty ice will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

clear herd test this morning. The vet came early enough tg so I could bring lads to a mace shop in neighbouring village- Johnny Sexton & Edel McMahon are doing a meet and greet.

I’d know Edel personally and to have to queue for a photo. The lads are excited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Skylight has gone thanks to Kathleen.

Are the new ones much of a muchness? Not looking forward to getting it replaced - round roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭50HX

New stuff isn't worth it imo

If you have to put it in put in half length sheets of it.

Unless you really need it I wouldn't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭older by the day

I don't give a dam who is coming to visit. The Wellingtons come into the utility room with me. I spend 14 hours a day in them this time of year. And surely I'm entitled to have them dry and warm before going out facing into a day of mud and muck.

Not only are the government fuuucking you, I'd say a lot of you are getting pussy whipped as well 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

some of these houses are too clean to live in. A lady was telling me that I should be doing an hours hovering a day, everyday on the same floors ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

They reckon the reason so many kids have asthma these days, is down to ultra clean houses. Their immunity doesn't develop right.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭emaherx

That certainly does not describe this house, but the kids still have Asthma.

Advertisement