Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

wrangler wrote: »
    I thought the county players were complaining about being put at risk or something

Next thing you'll be blaming Beef Plan for covid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I'm banned from buying anything else for the young lad, I think it was the peddle tractor with loader and trailer that broke the camels back :pac:

Herself bought me a big surprise - a new sheepdog!

I've been told what I'm to buy her, suits me fine :D

Best present in the world for any youngster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I thought the county players were complaining about being put at risk or something

Yes there was no testing being carried out on players but we weren't in the competition for long. Local club won the county senior title, they celebrated for about a week and somehow there was no cases

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Yes there was no testing being carried out on players but we weren't in the competition for long. Local club won the county senior title, they celebrated for about a week and somehow there was no cases

Local club celebrated the County final here too for a week but they didn't win it ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Think that was cavan.

It was indeed, was very bad

• Advertisement

Good few cases in louth recently. In dundalk south.

Good few cases in louth recently. In dundalk south.

Any areas heading into this week with lockets of numbers could be in for a spike when people loose the run of themselves over the festive period.

Had 2 messages from kids at the end of milking. First one was my daughter saying the girl she sits beside at school is being tested for covid. The other from youngest lad saying their maths teacher told them about santa .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Interesting piece on the future of the SFP in the UK post Brexit on the lunchtime news today on BBC 1 - the current government has announced that by 2026 all payments will be related to public services like Biodiversity, Flood control, water quality etc. Also a certain % for the adoption of new tech that reduces reliance on Chem fert, pesticides and antibiotics. Have to say its pretty impressive if it all sees the light of day. Makes even the proposed changes to the current CAP look rather unimpressive in comparison:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Had 2 messages from kids at the end of milking. First one was my daughter saying the girl she sits beside at school is being tested for covid. The other from youngest lad saying their maths teacher told them about santa .....
    What age is the young lad? I remember our teacher making a throwaway remark to us in 4th class... 'but none of ye still believe in Santa I presume' I nearly went into shock!

• Advertisement

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    What age is the young lad? I remember our teacher making a throwaway remark to us in 4th class... 'but none of ye still believe in Santa I presume' I nearly went into shock!

He's 12, was hoping to get one last year out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

That's a subject best not discussed here or online.
    He's still real no matter about what some people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Surprised he believed until he was 12, we dragged it out a few years after knowing, We found the pressies and said nothing.
    Parents finally told us before we went off to boarding school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Anyone short of electricity this evening? Led lights in the house are the only thing getting enough power to work

Surprised he believed until he was 12, we dragged it out a few years after knowing, We found the pressies and said nothing.
    Parents finally told us before we went off to boarding school

Eldest lad was in second year. Just burnt my hand cooking the tea. The day that keeps giving...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Great programme on the famine on now, on RTE 1.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Very difficult viewing. Makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

NcdJd wrote: »
    Very difficult viewing. Makes my blood boil.

Ya, crazy times and not that long ago. 15,000 British troops in Ireland in 1845. That was increased to 29,000 in 1847 to quell any threat of a revolution. One of the Rothschield bankers gave a million pounds to help out. Even native Americans sent money. It was worldwide news at the time. That Travelyn was some bollocks ......

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Must write myself a reminder to catch up on that, I wasn't near a gogglebox last night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note I have pulled a few posts on agitating out of chit chat to a new thread, here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137352#

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yet another multinational corporation flogging their products wanting to "shift the masses" to yet another new planetary type diet ...

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2020/11/30/Knorr-launches-the-Good-Food-Lab-to-fuel-next-generation-innovation?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=30-Nov-2020#

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

I see a a few people on Twitter trying to use peoples emotions about the famine to turn them against any form of cattle farming.

Well at least that's how I view their comments.

gozunda wrote: »
    Yet another multinational corporation flogging their products wanting to "shift the masses" to yet another new planetary type diet ...

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2020/11/30/Knorr-launches-the-Good-Food-Lab-to-fuel-next-generation-innovation?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=30-Nov-2020#

The fight against farming is plying right into the corporate world of false food production. This is no accident, amd no revolution by vegans. This is a carefully orchestrated push to control food supplies, amd beating down on farmers is very much part of that.

Move land into vast tracts of monoculture tended by automated equipment producing commodities that mega corporations turn into false foods to supply the idiots who faught against farmers producing actual food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Gary kk wrote: »
    I see a a few people on Twitter trying to use peoples emotions about the famine to turn them against any form of cattle farming.

Noticed one of those earlier today alright, 'used to clear the land of people & turn it into cattle ranches' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Noticed one of those earlier today alright, 'used to clear the land of people & turn it into cattle ranches' :rolleyes:

Yeah that would be it. I totally wanted to call her on it but I didn't feel like fighting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

And yet it was the vegetarian food option that failed, not the animal based one...

Yeah that would be it. I totally wanted to call her on it but I didn't feel like fighting today.

You were right.
    Lack of any elected position is creating a situation where that person feels like they aren’t being heard enough so they tweet out silly stuff just to get a reaction. Best ignored.

I had to go and look, and one of the first mentions of cattle and famine in a search is from an unelected person I have muted. Twitter is a nicer place with good use of the mute button.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

What's that poem of the author keeping Kerry cattle and they looking across the valley at their neighbours herd of Jerseys and being a bit envious?

I read it in secondary school but for the life of me I don't know the author or poem.

• Advertisement

Did any of ye do Movember?

Advertisement