Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

jd_12345 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is the owner of leased ground (tenant has entitlements and paying back to landlord) allowed to appeal an overclaim. We were renting ground up until last year and we’re paying the BPS over to landowner. Last ye at there was an overclaim letter sent out after payment was made by Dept so money is owing. It’s a substantial amount of land too so it’s over the 3% allowable so it’s potentially liable to be trebled. Land owner wants to appeal it but we’re no longer leasing it and couldn’t be bothered tbh. Also the department are technically correct- it isn’t really eligible ground. We don’t want to get mixed up in it with the department and he has put his advisor in charge of it but it all has to go threw our Agfood account as the overclaim is against us technically. Is there anyway of transferring it all that business over to him given that we’re no longer leasing the ground and we ourselves have no interest in appealing it and would rather it weren’t appealed?

An overclaim would be your responsibilty, you sent in the claim and signed off that it was right. It's between you and the department

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Busy boy changing wearing metal at that craic

Went through shin gaurds for sport the boots lasted a bit longer.
    Farmers Journal had a few arricles from farmers in that region up online lately by the way.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

_Brian wrote: »
    One lesson l learned, or relearned recently was don’t keep putting stuff off, nobody knows what’s round the corner.

So we bought this little fixer upper today.
    Few oily bits to sort, then few wee bits of rust, then it will apparently become a campervan.

https://ibb.co/wpHSNFN

The best model transit brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Water John

One lesson l learned, or relearned recently was don’t keep putting stuff off, nobody knows what’s round the corner.

Few oily bits to sort, then few wee bits of rust, then it will apparently become a campervan.

A friend of this Forum has a thread on this elsewhere on Boards.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058107121
    Always meant to get round to reading it.
    Just get the angle grinder and cut a window on the side and stick a piece of perspex on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Excellent stuff Brian - be interesting to follow that... keep us informed...
    Best of luck Brian. It would be great if you could keep a photo record of the steps that you take to convert it. Are you going to do the work yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    The best model transit brian.

I hadn't driven a transit since my time with Alfa Laval, they are more refined surely since then..
    Water John wrote: »
    A friend of this Forum has a thread on this elsewhere on Boards.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058107121
    Always meant to get round to reading it.
    Just get the angle grinder and cut a window on the side and stick a piece of perspex on it.

Very similar van, I've been watching in on that thread with keen interest

Base price wrote: »
    Best of luck Brian. It would be great if you could keep a photo record of the steps that you take to convert it. Are you going to do the work yourself?

Plan to keep a record ok.. Might do a thread like the one linked above..
    It needs a few mechanical repairs first, I've gotten weak through injury so I don't do that stuff any more, local garage will do that work for me.. Starter & engine mount that i can see, it had cvrt last week and drives well enough so fingers crossed there wont be too much else
    There are some rust spots that need attention, I'll do that myself. The conversion work I will do myself, it wont be anything too fancy.

The guy that owned it previous got stuck in a dead end with paperwork as he couldn't fulfill the criteria for commercial tax, I've been onto the tax office locally and it shouldn't be hard too remedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What do ye think of this horse****?

2021-04-17-17-11-55.jpg

Seems like a septic tank or something overflowing. It's at the back of a house anyway. Fridges or some white goods type stuff dumped in the mix too, plus other crap. Report it? To who? Dunno the house owner only I hear he's a bit of a prick and wouldn't be a 100% law abiding citizen of the state.

What do ye think of this horse****?

2021-04-17-17-11-55.jpg

Seems like a septic tank or something overflowing. It's at the back of a house anyway. Fridges or some white goods type stuff dumped in the mix too, plus other crap. Report it? To who? Dunno the house owner only I hear he's a bit of a prick and wouldn't be a 100% law abiding citizen of the state.

Report to the environmental section of the county council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭DBK1

wrangler wrote: »
    Report to the environmental section of the county council
    Agreed. No need for that type of carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

DBK1 wrote: »
    Agreed. No need for that type of carry on.

Sad thing is the epa probably test the water further downstream and have the blame put on farmland.

• Advertisement

Sad thing is the epa probably test the water further downstream and have the blame put on farmland.

Was just about to post that, better to direct them to the source.
    We might be letting MCPA into the water but the majority of that algae bloom comes from town sewerage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Odelay

Any of you have the heating or fire on this week? I've the stove on in the kitchen in the evenings ..... old north facing house... normally not cold this time of year, maybe i'm getting older.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Nights are quite cold still. Even daytime air temperatures are cool enough without the warmth of the sun.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Odelay wrote: »
    Any of you have the heating or fire on this week? I've the stove on in the kitchen in the evenings ..... old north facing house... normally not cold this time of year, maybe i'm getting older.

It's still only April, I'd never depend on grass till 20 - 25th april, This'll turn around very quick if you've nitrogen out, We've no fire tonight so there's some sort of a turn tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭DBK1

We haven’t had a night without the fire this year yet. This time last year it was well above 20 degrees every day. We actually baled hay for a man on 16th April last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The girlfriends brother bought one the same as it last summer and converted it too. Made a serious job out of it for handy enough money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Was doing a bit of clearing earlier and my fingers are all thorns despite wearing gloves...

Now, the gloves I had on were only light...

I imagine a good heavy leather pair would do me?
    So - anyone recommend a good heavy pair of gloves that could be used that would keep out briar thorns and the likes...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was doing a bit of clearing earlier and my fingers are all thorns despite wearing gloves...

So - anyone recommend a good heavy pair of gloves that could be used that would keep out briar thorns and the likes...

A pair of welding gauntlet, or otherwise look to Americian websites for a pair of horse or pig skin gloves.

White thorns are dangerous this time of year, the sap coming up in the thorns is poisonous, doesn't affect everyone but it does affect me, nasty little bumps on the skin from them and if they go in to the hand and break off i get a very bad reaction to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

wrangler wrote: »
    White thorns are dangerous this time of year, the sap coming up in the thorns is poisonous, doesn't affect everyone but it does affect me, nasty little bumps on the skin from them and if they go in to the hand and break off i get a very bad reaction to them

Was mainly furze and briars today - but white thorn thorns are nasty...

I actually thought it was only the blackthorn thorns were poisonous...

• Advertisement

Was mainly furze and briars today - but white thorn thorns are nasty...

I actually thought it was only the blackthorn thorns were poisonous...

Maybe you're right, plenty of both in our ditches, all I know is my hands flare up if I go at them this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/162752261447?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=5282-53468-19255-0&campid=5338374299&customid=162752261447_12576&toolid=11000

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Grueller

A local horse breeder and dairy farmer had an orphan foal and tried to get it to suck a cow. Lo and behold, the cow took up with the foal and the attached video is the result.
    Edited to say its a whatsapp video I have and can't get it to upload.

Cool.

Grueller wrote: »
    A local horse breeder and dairy farmer had an orphan foal and tried to get it to suck a cow. Lo and behold, the cow took up with the foal and the attached video is the result.

Keep trying, should be interesting to see.

Can you draw a diagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭mayota

Any youngsters around that could help you upload the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Grueller

mayota wrote: »
    Any youngsters around that could help you upload the video?

I'll have you know I am a youngster you rascal.

Grueller wrote: »
    I'll have you know I am a youngster you rascal.

Switch her to UHF and twiddle the rabbit ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Switch her to UHF and twiddle the rabbit ears.

Keep it clean FFS.

It's not a private forum.

Advertisement