Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit trade deals

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭alps

Theheff wrote: »
    I am thinking the same. There seems to be a bit of cat & mouse going on. Both side will agree something before the end of December I reckon & it will be business ad normal again.

Business cannot go back to normal.

A deal will certainly be done, be it before ir after the full exit..

However customs will be in place regardless of the deal. The free trade deal only means there will be no tariffs on the trade. The fact that UK have left the EU means that customs declarations and checks come into play based on a 0% tariff.

That's a massive cost and a massive hindrance to the timely movement of goods because of the nature of the way we move product today,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭alps

This is going to add significant cost to product for everyone, and going to add on input service costs indirectly.

Local vet after stunning the vet world around here by advertising a large animal position with a package off 100k. The department are after hoovering up vets, the figure of 60vets for dublin port mentioned to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

alps wrote: »
    This is going to add significant cost to product for everyone, and going to add on input service costs indirectly.

Local vet after stunning the vet world around here by advertising a large animal position with a package off 100k. The department are after hoovering up vets, the figure of 60vets for dublin port mentioned to me..

Large Animal vets are getting harder to get. Over 50% of vets trained each year are female. Most of these opt for the small animal practices or for regular paid employment by the department or other bodies. Chicken processers now employ vets directly to operate with farms contracted to them.

Thus was not a problem that just arise in the last few weeks. It just another cost that is exponentially climbing for farmers.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

The EU stance seems totally unreasonable on fair competition. It should be fair to both sides but the EU is pushing to hold all the aces around it and it's very hard to see how anyone with any sort of backbone could agree to that.

Europe won't give two f**ks about throwing Ireland under the bus if there's going to be any economic fallout

Europe can’t be seen to throw Ireland under the bus. If they do they risk bringing the whole union down If they are seen not to stand up for their smaller members

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Theheff wrote: »
    I am thinking the same. There seems to be a bit of cat & mouse going on. Both side will agree something before the end of December I reckon & it will be business ad normal again.

Of course there will be business as usual.
    The chances of the island submerging into the sea and submarine itself out of Europe is unlikely.
    The deadlines are all makey uppy and no agreement will mean another makey uppy deadline,, and supershiney Simon Coveney will appear on six one news looking energetic and like a man refreshed from a day at the seaside but tell us all the grave and serious talks, knife edge stuff ladies and gentlemen and where would we be without Clongowes woods finest scholar..
    That man should be Taoiseach I say!

• Advertisement
Advertisement