Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Hi I am with Energia yes and below are the exact rates.

7.54c 2-6am

33.86c all other times

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭AUDI20

I am with Electric Ireland and was thinking of switching to Energia for the 2 to 6am charging their day rate is 2c lower than EI. but I have been hearing a lot of bad reviews about energia about wrongful billing, excess billing and poor customer service

I am with them a year now and have had zero issues.

All the energy companies have bad reviews if you go looking I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have personally found Energia one of the better companies to deal with. Perhaps I was lucky, but I never had to wait long for help on the phone either. Their web site also seems to work well..

The Zappi does 7kw an hour so pretty sure I could get almost a 50% charge into the Tesla on the night rate for about €2 which is honestly insane value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yea, 7.4kw/h if the voltage etc are up to par.

We have a hybrid Mercedes A250e with a 12 kWh battery which charges in about 1 hour 40mins so the maths works out there.

Although we also have a BMW 530e and that only seems to fully charge a 8Kwh battery in 2 hours 20 minutes so that might be a limitation of the BMW.

I’m assuming the Tesla will have no issues charging at 7.4Kwh an hour hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Conar

The Tesla will take up to 11kw AC and most likely the charger will give 7kw approx.
    Usually you will have an overload detector on the charger which limits the draw to make sure it doesn't trip your house if someone is using a power shower, or you've the dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine, and oven on. Thats unlikely though in the EV charging hours.

Merc most likely charges at 32a (7.4kw).
    The 530e only charges at 16a (3.7kw).
    Tesla will take 32a at home also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

PM a price maybe? Thinking about this but had a poor experience with a crowd based near the Red Cow, could see the film too obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I can't remember what I paid. This was 1.5 years ago. I just know I thought it was a fair price at the time. Contact them and they'll give you the price.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭frank730

Can I ask your view on A250e? Hoping to buy one later this year, 2020 model.

My partner got the A250e a 2020 about a month ago with only 27000 km on it of which 20000km was done on full electric when I checked the app.

I’m not mad about Mercedes but she loves it and I have to say it is a lovely little car. The engine is only a 1.3l but when combined with the electric motor I believe it can produce over 200bhp.

At the moment a full charge is showing 60km which costs us about 90cent to charge on a night rate and gets herself into work and back for 2 days Celbridge to Lucan.

Anything specific you want to know just shoot me a PM👍.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Joni Mitchell

My contract finishes with Bord Gais in June, that rate is excellent including the rate for all other times compared to Bord Gais, we have two electric cars so the EV rate in middle of night makes a lot of sense for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Guys anyone here use a bike holder on their model 3 not attached to a tow hitch ? Thanks

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have one of the ones that straps to the boot, but I’d never use it on the Model 3 as the boot on the Model 3 feels like it’s made out of tin foil…

An option is to install the roof rack and use whatever accessory to hold bikes there. Installation is quite easy. The hardest part for me was lining up the PPF for the rubber feet to sit on. 🤣

I have a photo of my RR on the previous page.

Post edited by ...Ghost... on

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭creedp

DId a round trip to Galway yesterday, 220km each way. Only useful std autopilot on way there but decided to activate the enhanced autopilot for return journey to see what it was like. Surprised when I got the message that autopilot was cancelled once before for inappropriate use and if that happens 5 times it will be deactivated permanently (paraphrasing here).

Does anyone know why autopilot can be deactivated for inappropriate use? I've no memory of any specific event. I have a slight recollection of some kerfuffle when I first used the autopilot, can't remember exactly what was the issue but it was purely due to learning curve familiarity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Those restrictions are per driving session IIRC so whatever you did previously should have no bearing, if getting messages like that again log with Tesla to have a look as EVERYTHING you do is sent back to the mothership

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

This may not answer your question correctly - but this is from the support FAQ

Autosteer is unavailable due to driver attentiveness. How do I turn it back on?

If you repeatedly ignore the inattentive driver warnings, Autosteer will be disengaged for that trip. If you receive several
    ‘Forced Autopilot Disengagements’ (three times for vehicles without a cabin camera and five times for vehicles with a cabin camera), Autosteer and all features that use Autosteer will be temporarily removed for approximately one week.

There is no way to manually clear a Forced Autopilot Disengagement or suspension. After approximately one week, you will be able to use Autosteer again.

Im traveling the motorways a lot for work and since they introduced this new system I get warnings regularly, even with two hands on the wheel. The biggest issue is if Im driving straight and holding the wheel steady, its doesnt detect any movements on the wheel and I cop a warning. I appreciate why the changes were made with autosteer, but I feel they have gone way too far.

As @slave1 noted, as it counted per driving session, if I do happen get 3-4 warnings, I'll pull over, stop the car and then restart. Sometimes instead of driving through the express lane on a toll, I'll go through the booth and use that as a chance to stop and restart at the barrier (literally just need to put the car in park). This then resets the warning counter back to zero so I dont get a strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

You get a warning, move the wheel slightly, that's not a strike. A strike is when you get the warning, ignore it for a while and then you get a strike as the car assumes your not paying attention as it prompted you, andyou ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Well not quite tinfoil but probably aluminium which is just thicker tinfoil 😁

New update looks slick. It has started to roll out to uk and Ireland over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭creedp

The random nature of the warnings is a bit of a pain. I got to the point where I was effectively steering the car in tandem with autopilot to avoid them so questioning if as well off with std autopilot.

Same with overtaking and moving back, I can't see why there is a need to apply pressure on the wheel wach time. I accidently deactivated the EAP a couple of times in the beginnning by applying too much pressure but continued to find the experience a bit artificial tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes but there are a couple of different levels of warnings. Get enough red warnings in one driving session and AP will be disengaged giving you a strike. If I have a long day I could be on the road for 6-7 hours, its pretty easy to rack up the warnings over this time. I got a couple of strikes very early on as I was getting used to the changes. By doing what I posted earlier, Ive had no issues since - YMMV. Tesla aggressive changes to autosteer has been a complete bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Blue tac on the camera sorted mine😁

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭eagerv

Perhaps better to think of it as being a Badge of Honour, or a Target to see if you get disqualified…😋

I put a cam cover over mine and just leave it closed. I still managed to get a second strike when I was travelling back from NI last week. I was cruising at around 70-80kmh because I had a headliner strapped to the roof bars and didn't want too much wind force to damage it. I had my hand resting on the wheel the whole time and it still managed to rack up enough warnings to get a strike. Seems to be worse at cruising speeds. It's the most annoying part of driving the Tesla.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I get the odd warning alright but never strikes. Each car must have its own personality 😃 Or maybe you lot are just doing the bollix on it😇

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭DrPsychia

it's a problem with various Teslas I've driven, and with my MY. The torque sensor they use in the steering rack is not as sensitive as those in well established brands like Volvo or Audi, there's a lot of play in the steering before the sensor detects input. So it's either purposefully calibrated that way or they're using a low quality sensor, either way I hate it and wish they made it more like established brands..

Advertisement