Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Evilbart

Put my car up for sale because I think I’m going to commit to a Tesla and the amount of hive mind misinformation out there is insane. People telling me my friend’s electric bill went up(obviously it did you are no longer paying for petrol/diesel).

what happens if you run out of battery in traffic(well the same thing that happens if you run out of petrol).

A recent auction with 90 electric cars and not one bid(Can you post a link please obviously nobody could)

Why are people so negative against other people going fully electric it’s kind of funny but sad at the same time.

I found it quite amusing the amount of hate people have towards new things they don’t understand and just blindly believe anything they read.

It actually cemented my decision to go full electric.😂👍

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

part of buying an EV is having to listen to the crap. 99% of it is BS.

Enjoy the new car 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭creedp

I think hate is a pretty strong word in this context...maybe distrust might be a better fit. You're right though some people hate change and it takes them an extended period of time to adjust. Eventually financial incentives will make people sit back and give serious consideration to opting for an EV when it comes to changing their car. All in good time.

yeah probably hate is a bit harsh.

It’s just that when I mentioned it to my family and some workmates they all had a story about how bad electric cars are.

The thing is none of them have ever driven or even been in an EV.

I guess the transition for some if not most people is going to be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, most of the negatives I hear about EVs are from people with no experience of them. We are a two EV family and have no wish to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Theres such BS out there, I'm in an EV since 2017 and never ran out of fuel, same as I never ran out of fuel in an ICE

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭creedp

The only person I know who owns an EV and isn't happy with it bought a Q4 etron 35 because he wanted to tick the extensive and expensive options list but stay sub €60k to get the grant. So he has lovely big wheels and loads of toys but very poor range which annoys the hell out of him. I told him at the time to prioritise the bigger battery over the toys but he wouldn't hear of it.

Course he also refused to get a D/N rate because of the higher std charges and then complains it cost too much to charge the car. Some people can't be helped

Yeah I got a Zappi because I currently have a hybrid and can charge for 0.07c a watt between 2-6am so the benefits there will be immense. A full charge should be around €4 on the the standard range Tesla which is obviously a massive advantage.

Post edited by Evilbart on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I think in context, hate is often the appropriate word. Not only are you going EV. You are giving Elon Musk your money and for that, you ought to be strung up an whipped. How dare you buy a Tesla!!!

It really is hilarious how the uneducated seem to know everything about EVs and its all bad, even when they can't back up a word of their bile with any evidence. A tinfoil hat I work with is exactly like this. Thinks he knows more about my model 3 re battery degradation, range and fire hazard than I do. Simply refuses to believe that I don't plug in every day to make my 70km round trip commute. Apparently my battery will be useless in a year or two, despite me having 7 years experience with a 24kWh Leaf that still had over 75% capacity after 120,000kms when I sold it a couple of weeks ago.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

So true.

My favourite come back from the brigade, "Sure, what would you know".

• Advertisement

I really like the look of tinted windows on the stealth grey model.

anyone had this done or know of a good reliable company that can tint the Tesla highland.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Luna84

You know you can't tint the two front windows like that car. Just a heads up.

Yeah I know there is a law in Ireland but can still tint them 65% was just looking for recommendations 👍

I had my rears done locally and the big back window/roof done in Flawless Detailing. Tinting is an insurance modification so I got engineers reports done too.

interesting I don’t know it would affect insurance in any way.

will need to do more research

any decent tint shop. There’s nothing special to be honest. Just another car.

Flawless Detailing in Dublin 11 done mine.

Thanks will give them a call👍

No worries if not but any photos of the tints you had done.

Thanks

Also got mine at Flawless. Decent job.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 23,836 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Another scathing review of the dangerous ergonomics of the Tesla 3 facelift, within this group test, and how those amended controls will not pass the updated Euro NCAP tests from 2025.

The Volvo EX30 comes in for similar criticism, as that brand have foolishly chased the Tesla philosophy for interior layout and ergonomics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

that’s interesting about the 2025 NCAP reg’s - Tesla will need to ignore them surely - but I can’t see Volvo ignoring them given that they are the bastion of car safety.

There’s definitely a feeling that cars who return to buttons and knobs for critical controls are viewed more favourable that the cars that try to solve all controls with software.

NCAP are clearly saying that “they’ll get used to it” isn’t an acceptable answer when it comes to safety controls, like indicators. We use them nearly as often as we use the brakes, and crucially they’re for other drivers benefit, hence the name.

Saw my first highland at the weekend actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Whole car retinted or just the front to match the rear? Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Break80

Update for ye.

Paid €44,323.73 last Friday. Saved €3200.00. Thankfully I didn't pay immediately when I received the first email looking for payment. Happy Days.

Have the vin and delivery window of 17th May to 1st of June.

Looking forward to it now after deciding to wait.

It should suit my wife's needs perfectly, home charger installed, 23k on her last car after 5 yrs, no range anxiety plus a small offset when I drive my Ford Ranger pick up. It's a work necessity unfortunately.

M3 doesn’t come with rear tints so you’d have to get the full car done or the rear portion depending on preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Did you get the windscreen done at all …Ghost…?

I wouldn’t. It will attract too much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Luna84

You just reminded me of a car I met a few times who had the windscreen covered in a white tint with graphics printed on it. When I say white tint it actually from my side looked like a white piece of paper but obviously was a tint.

Just to let you know there is already a tint on the front windows but it is from the factory so permitted, when I had the engineer he did a test and said they were close to the legal limit so any further tint would likely pop you over.

I'm in no way a keyboard warrior so to each their own, but having worked in the Insurance industry for a few years I dot my i's and cross my t's and have my tinting declared

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Joni Mitchell

Hi Evilbart,

I am on 0.8c per kw with Bord Gais form 2am-5am but yours is even better, who are you with???

No.

I got the back screen done. They just put a piece on the whole back window rather than try blend into the already feathered rear screen tint.

The back-side windows are the same tint and a very light tint on the fronts. I think about 30% shade (70% transmission). I went with what Flawless recommended. It took a couple of hours longer, because the installer forgot to raise one of the windows fully after opening the door. When he closed the door, the window fully closed and there was a big gap at the bottom 😂 . Would have been priceless to see his face when it happened. I didn't mind waiting the extra time. Mistakes happen and I was happy with the result. Fair price too.

Would have loved to get the PPF, but it's just too expensive.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

He is with Energia. Day rate is poor but the 7.5c for the 4 hrs swung it for me.

Advertisement