Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes, looks like we'll be going with a Wallbox instead now. Pity, I liked the appearance of the Wall Connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 georgix

Hm, 45 yrs old, 5 NCB, fully comp, bonus protected, Allianz, 960e. Hopefully few more years of NCB will get the price down. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Get the wall box installed, claim the grant then have a Tesla charger installed (if you really want it) and sell the wall box…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Thank you! I didn't know that facility existed.

I've submitted the details - waiting on an email now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭rx8

Jaysus, you need to shop around.

Are you doing high mileage or a sales rep. ?

Putting in your low annual mileage attracts a discount too. No penalty points and even adding your other half to the policy can bring it down.

Try phoning Aviva, they've been absolutely brilliant with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 georgix

Nah, 10-12k km bracket, full Irish licence, have my wife as named driver, no penalty points. Wife has her car full comprehensive insured with Allianz, I am the named driver on that one, also 10-12k km bracket, 3 years NCB, no penalty points. Maybe it is the area where we are living now, Lucan...in 2016 I had Peugeot 3008, 4 yrs old, we moved in 2018 from Stepaside to Lucan (when we bought the house), and that policy went up 50% just because we went from D18 to K78 eircode.

Will shop around in March, as soon as this policy is due to expire. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

This is unfortunate. I was hoping to install a TWC...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

Happy days, I just got email confirmation from the SEAI that the Wall Connector is eligible.

Although I would advise anyone else purchasing, to get your own email confirmation from the SEAI since it's not on the specific Triple E sublist.

Hello Sylvester,

Thank you for contacting SEAI.

I would like to confirm that yes the Tesla Wall Connector is eligible for the EV grant, so you will be able to proceed with your grant for the charger 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 01 808 2100 or evchargers@seai.ie

Kind Regards,

Bob

Well that’s that sorted then…….

id say anyone who wants the Tesla charger should fire away….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

but if they want to futureproof look to solar integration capability...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

So Tesla came back to me, and IIRC, you had quoted what I thought was a ridiculous figure (hence your edit I'm guessing...) of about €27k.

I'm thinking you didn't misread... I was quoted €27,400 for my 222 MSM Standard RWD 🤣 - A quote so laughable, it just screams "we don't want your trade-in, so fcuk off!"

I knew that was the case of course, but I thought they might have offered something sensible for a four-month old Tesla with 5,000 km on the clock.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my car, so I'll just count my blessings and keep enjoying it!

The thing is they are being absolutely flooded with Tesla’s as trade in’s at the moment, so can low ball offer every one that comes in because they simply don’t need/want anymore…..

It is most definitely a buyers market (including for Tesla themselves), so they can pretty much set the price, and it looks like they are setting it as either A. We don’t want your car so fcuk off!!! or B. If you really insist, we are going to low ball you so much to make it worth our while in taking it, inspecting/cleaning/fixing it, and then selling it (when we are far too busy selling brand new cars)

Think of how many people want to upgrade from a 3 to a Y since the price drop… and all want to trade their 3 against a Y…

id say give it a few months to all calm down, and allow them time to shift all the new stock, as well as all the 2nd hand stock they’re about to be inundated with, and the offers might get a little bit respectable again..

I was offered €44k for my 2020 SR+ a few months ago!!!! Bonkers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RM Ernest

It's a "we're not interested" offer from Tesla obviously.

Interested in your thoughts though on what you would consider a good offer though at this stage? Or basically what you would consider as your max cost to change into a model y or whatever you were looking at?

Full disclosure, I'm a cash buyer sitting on the sidelines and waiting to see where everything lands 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Same, cash buyer, now offloading current EV. I'd suggest M3 --> MY boardsies put up a note in the sale/wanted page to see if direct sales to other boardsies might be handier. I'm looking for a 2021/2022 SR+/RWD (any Made in China refresh). Market price is currently 39-44k, but that is inflated. It is taking forever for Tesla to reduce their own CPO stock because they must be too busy and are probably waiting for the next batch of trade-ins first.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RM Ernest

Same here, looking at 21/22 refresh sr+ or 21 LR and I would love it to have a tow hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭supue

That was it, I thought I'd seen it and then after writing it thought it couldn't be right, it couldn't be at that level after 6 months! Definitely worth hanging on to it so - I'm the exact same. Prices will level out in the next year or two when people work out what they want for their next car and not everyone will be in the market for a new Tesla despite the price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PetrolTrev

Me too. In the market for a '22 Model 3 LFP and ready to make a decision on the right car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

There is definitely a lot waiting to get M3 and a lot probably wanting to sell soon. I'm looking for 21LR myself. This all comes down to pricing and I feel its the cars that will get the best value are the ones that blink first. The longer their held the more the asking will have to drop as more and more come online soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

I would agree with this. I know of one sold already (2022) that was priced competently on donedeal (in comparison to others) and went for about 2.5k below asking.

• Advertisement

Prices will adjust in the short term but go back up because we all now know there will be no supply until September, the grant (speculation) will decrease which will push the price of new cars up and in turn used prices will increase and finally Tesla will increase their pricing, they have already started with Y increase in the US last week.

So there's going to be a narrow window to pick up used Model 3s in line with Feb/March arrivals. Given the low ball offers many will simply not be bothered to move from the 3 to a Y (me) as it's just not worth it so the flood of used 3's to the market may not be at the level anticipated...or they might, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I think the M3 will be a different side of things. Most will be going for MY over M3, as its such tight price difference. So Tesla will have even more new stock as well as their current used stock. Obviously tesla don't want the used market to really crash, because that will dampen sales on new ones, but thats where the MY because their main focus point, as there simply won't be that many on the market as used, so new will bring in the sales.

So many jumping to MY will definitely put a lot of M3 on the market since their getting large discounts on the MY. I cant imagine pricing on M3 bouncing back if the wait time is just September. The grant may decrease, or may simply get pushed out (more likely). Ireland still needs increase EV adoption overall.

Sure only time will tell, a lot of folk prefer the 3 over the Y for various ascetic and range reasons, there's a big jump from best Y (WLTP) range of 565kms to 626kms on the 3, tow hitch easier to get onto the Y, Y bigger which is both a + and -, 3 smaller which is both a + and -.

Fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I'm one of those. If the 3 had a hatchback it would be perfect but I'm fine with the compromise of the boot vs a much larger and awkward looking car in the Y. Wife was interested in the Y but I said no. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The practicality of the Y makes alot of sense but every time I'd see a Model 3 I'd know that's the one I should have got, would be like marrying a women I'm not attracted to if that makes sense. Having said that if I have more kids or when they get older the Y would make even more sense so could be a follow on car.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

Tesla are buying and selling used Tesla's in all markets and appear to offer reasonable trade-in values elsewhere for stock they are happy to trade. I'd be thinking they would be offering at least 10k more and selling your car for about 41k/42k. Must be down to how the Irish operation is being run

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I had a quote from Tesla for my blue, white interior with 19 in wheels of €29,400. Bought in September and has 10,000kms on the clock. They don't seem to be too generous even with Tesla trade ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I was thinking the same. Worst case scenario is grant will taper off and 2022 M3s will still be worth around 40k in 18-24 months time. New models will get closer to the 50k mark because the lack of grant.

Then again, Musk could have a scheming plan and decide to cut the price by whatever the grant would have given.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That is shockingly poor from Tesla tbh. I'm a Sep22 on 18s but less mileage, so would probably get same offer. Just as well I'm still delighted with the M3. Would prefer it was a hatch and had a little extra leg room in the back, but for me, they are the only trade-offs for what is a better looking, more efficient car compared to the MY.

Stay Free

Advertisement