Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

JamesRLS wrote: »
    Im still waiting for a response! what did you ask them

I started complaining to them when I didn't get the code the first week. They told me I would get it on the 28th. Then I didn't so I kept annoying them saying I was told I would get the code on the 28th and that as per the T&Cs I should have it by now. Just persistence really. They kept saying wait 24 or 48 hours for the relevant team to get back to us. I messaged them at the start of the day and the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got the code just there. Ported on the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Code recieved and successfull redeemed after contacting them via twitter.

store page for the buds is a bit hard to track down, so I'll link it here.
    simply use the 'apply code' at checkout and you'll be sorted.

https://vodafonefaf.ie/collections/audio/products/samsung-galaxy-buds-2019-black

They ended up dm'ing me two codes. One on twitter and one of FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Raoul wrote: »

I messaged them on Wednesday and still no update, ive been pestering them non stop and they wont budge, they keep telling me theres no update :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Buds received in one day ! Good to see others getting a code or
    Multiple Codes������

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Raoul wrote: »

Why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

FFS now they've given me a code but the site says "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart". The unusual thing is thats a different error to the one you'd get if the discount code didnt exist (I tried because I changed a number). Im a little worried that the Campus X offer page is now down - does this mean. I actually have a code thats valid but no ***in link to process it. I tried the one above - uhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

FFS now they've given me a code but the site says "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart". The unusual thing is thats a different error to the one you'd get if the discount code didnt exist (I tried because I changed a number). Im a little worried that the Campus X offer page is now down - does this mean. I actually have a code thats valid but no ***in link to process it. I tried the one above - uhhhh!

Give me the code. I will try it for you. :D

bromley52 wrote: »
    Give me the code. I will try it for you. :D

Nest in line ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Open to any spare codes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Get another one or wait two codes by contacting them on fb and Twitter 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

Would love a code for one of the kids this xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ggmad wrote: »
    Would love a code for one of the kids this xmas

Bar getting a time machine I think you're out of luck.

So this is now a code request thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

After a couple of gentle reminders on live chat got my code yesterday. Claimed after 3pm, buds arrived before 9 this morning, super quick.
    Not sure it was worth the hassle for something I didn't need but hey a bargains a bargain..😂

mgray wrote: »
    After a couple of gentle reminders on live chat got my code yesterday. Claimed after 3pm, buds arrived before 9 this morning, super quick.
    Not sure it was worth the hassle for something I didn't need but hey a bargains a bargain..��

They still havent responded to me! im fuming i done everything on the 15th and they still havent sent me the code! im going to call them at this point this is an absolute shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

They still havent responded to me! im fuming i done everything on the 15th and they still havent sent me the code! im going to call them at this point this is an absolute shambles

Oh boy.......if you're wound up, I dont recommend ringing them.
    Not jokin'; I dont think it'll be good for your blood pressure.
    (Shudders) uhhh I still cant get that hold music out of my soul from the last time I rang them ............ 4 years ago

Oh boy.......if you're wound up, I dont recommend ringing them.
    Not jokin'; I dont think it'll be good for your blood pressure.
    (Shudders) uhhh I still cant get that hold music out of my soul from the last time I rang them ............ 4 years ago

i have no clue what to do, ive been waiting for a response from their facebook team since wednesday and live chat is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

i have no clue what to do, ive been waiting for a response from their facebook team since wednesday and live chat is useless

Dm them on twitter.

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Dm them on twitter.

the twitter person thinks im ineligible for some reason? i have no clue what the story with that is because livechat says im perfectly eligible and its some error in their system, so i messaged the facebook team instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vince.1111

I saw an ad for the galaxy buds offer on the 25th and switched to vodafone x straight away to get the offer. I got my sim a few days later on the 28th and topped up, made a call ect. I got all the confirmation texts that day that I have switched and topped up but didn't get the promo code. I contacted vodafone on live chat today about it. They have taken down the webpage with the original offer when you google "vodafone x galaxy buds" and now they changed the t's & c's saying that the offer ended on the 23rd of october when the site clearly said the 30th(I had even checked the site yesterday, Friday 30th, and it was still up.) Now they just keep referring me to the offers page saying that I'm not eligible. I seen others having problems with vodafone changing the terms & conditions on them too. I am gathering evidence that they have done, is there anybody else that can vouch that the offer was valid until the 30th.

vince.1111 wrote: »
    I saw an ad for the galaxy buds offer on the 25th and switched to vodafone x straight away to get the offer. I got my sim a few days later on the 28th and topped up, made a call ect. I got all the confirmation texts that day that I have switched and topped up but didn't get the promo code. I contacted vodafone on live chat today about it. They have taken down the webpage with the original offer when you google "vodafone x galaxy buds" and now they changed the t's & c's saying that the offer ended on the 23rd of october when the site clearly said the 30th(I had even checked the site yesterday, Friday 30th, and it was still up.) Now they just keep referring me to the offers page saying that I'm not eligible. I seen others having problems with vodafone changing the terms & conditions on them too. I am gathering evidence that they have done, is there anybody else that can vouch that the offer was valid until the 30th.

If you read the pages back, the original end date of the 30th was changed to the 23rd on the 23rd/24th so if you applied on the 25th, you would have been too late for the offer.
    The end date of the 23rd has been up there since that date so unless it was an old page you were looking at, you wouldn't have seen the 23rd.
    There's a few others on here in the same boat but just unfortunate they changed the t&c's a couple of times since starting the promotion.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If you read the pages back, the original end date of the 30th was changed to the 23rd on the 23rd/24th so if you applied on the 25th, you would have been too late for the offer.
    The end date of the 23rd has been up there since that date so unless it was an old page you were looking at, you wouldn't have seen the 23rd.
    There's a few others on here in the same boat but just unfortunate they changed the t&c's a couple of times since starting the promotion.[/QUOTE

In my case, they were still displaying ads for the offer on the 25th and I had checked the web page for the offer multiple times during the past few days. Each time I looked it said the offer was valid until the 30th. The page that I was looking at was the first search result for the offer on google and now after doing some research even other websites that were advertising the offer lead to the same page that I was looking at. The page has been taken down since yesterday, the 30th.

In my case, they were still displaying ads for the offer on the 25th and I had checked the web page for the offer multiple times during the past few days. Each time I looked it said the offer was valid until the 30th.

Where did you see the ad? It was removed from the homepage of the Vodafone site on 23rd, as far as I know.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Where did you see the as? It was removed from the homepage of the Vodafone site on 23rd, as far as I know.

Yep.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Where did you see the ad? It was removed from the homepage of the Vodafone site on 23rd, as far as I know.

The ad came up on my phone on snapchat on the 25th, it was the first time I had heard about the galaxy buds offer. I then googled "vodafone x galaxy buds" and used the first search result, not including the ad. If you google what I did it still comes up, the first search result is "campus - My Vodafone". That was the page for the offer but since this morning when you click the link it opens a page saying site not found.

I had gone onto the site for the first time on the 25th and had check it every day up until Friday to make sure I wasn't missing any steps. Each time it said offer valid until the 30th.

The ad came up on my phone on snapchat on the 25th, it was the first time I had heard about the galaxy buds offer. I then googled "vodafone x galaxy buds" and used the first search result, not including the ad. If you google what I did it still comes up, the first search result is "campus - My Vodafone". That was the page for the offer but since this morning when you click the link it opens a page saying site not found.

I had gone onto the site for the first time on the 25th and had check it every day up until Friday to make sure I wasn't missing any steps. Each time it said offer valid until the 30th.

Don't think Snapchat and Google would be the best places to find the exact info about the offer as I'd guess they were showing the out of date pages that needed to be refreshed.
    If you had gone onto Vodafone.ie site, as said above, it wouldn't have shown the 30th as it had been changed on the 23rd on the site unfortunately.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Don't think Snapchat and Google would be the best places to find the exact info about the offer as I'd guess they were showing the out of date pages that needed to be refreshed.
    If you had gone onto Vodafone.ie site, as said above, it wouldn't have shown the 30th as it had been changed on the 23rd on the site unfortunately.

One pair of buds arrived yesterday. I think they are a fantastic piece of kit for 20 euro plus the stress of dealing with vodafone.

Vodafone have been great to me this past few months. I also got the pixel 3a offer for switching over too.

I really hope the next offer is like a 4k TV!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I ported on the 22nd but no code yet. Is there way to contact them apart from Twitter and FB that I will actually get a response from? (I don't have a Twitter or FB account) thanks.

Advertisement