Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bsloepro

That was really bad. Really bad because it was thoroughly enjoyable to see the Gardai stepping up to the plate and dishing out a bit of physicality - just wish it was on people more deserving. These lads added up to a couple of idiots on a train. That was about it. It won’t do them any harm. Didn’t look like anyone was hurt. They might learn to keep their mouths shut. I thought it was a bit harsh getting stuck into the young lad at the end. He handled it well. The gimp in the hat roaring came out of it looking as bad as anyone. Wonder where he was when it was kicking off. A lot quieter id say. I think the long and short is we are all sick of seeing scrotes run riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Top job by the gardai in that one, anyone being antisocial in a confined space deserves a good kicking one way or another. All I saw was the Garda being assertive in a situation where the scroats were a danger to the passengers

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Mammy will soon kiss the wee pets better when they get home. About time the gardai handled these wee pricks correctly.
    Only downside I can see is the investigation branch of the gardai might come down hard on the officer's just to keep some pompous politicians happy. Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

And surprise surprise, you have Paul Murphy and his ilk on the side of the antisocial scrotes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/paulmurphy_TD/status/1340366200828796938

Good God.

If anyone does anything to make society a better place for my family to live in I'll gladly cheer them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

bsloepro wrote: »
    That was really bad. Really bad because it was thoroughly enjoyable to see the Gardai stepping up to the plate and dishing out a bit of physicality - just wish it was on people more deserving. These lads added up to a couple of idiots on a train. That was about it. It won’t do them any harm. Didn’t look like anyone was hurt. They might learn to keep their mouths shut. I thought it was a bit harsh getting stuck into the young lad at the end. He handled it well. The gimp in the hat roaring came out of it looking as bad as anyone. Wonder where he was when it was kicking off. A lot quieter id say. I think the long and short is we are all sick of seeing scrotes run riot.

Were they not allegedly throwing bottles at each other on the train?

Hardly picnic fare nor harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

.anon. wrote: »
    In the eyes of the law, they are innocent. It's not the job of the Gardai to teach people lessons. If that was the case, maybe they should drag us out of our cars and throw us to the ground whenever they catch us breaking the speed limit.

When a person is given an adult caution by an officer in An Garda Siochana, then literally it’s the job of that garda to teach people a lesson. That system was designed so that officers could act like judges and free up the courts for first time minor offenders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

They were clearly not about to resist arrest. The Gardai could very obviously have arrested them without throwing them on the concrete.

you know that they were clearly not about to do something ?

any chance of the lotto numbers ? :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

RobbieMD wrote: »
    When a person is given an adult caution by an officer in An Garda Siochana, then literally it’s the job of that garda to teach people a lesson. That system was designed so that officers could act like judges and free up the courts for first time minor offenders.

That garda is not a superintendent, and an adult caution happens at a Garda station, not a train station.
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    you know that they were clearly not about to do something ?

any chance of the lotto numbers ? :pac::pac::pac:

He literally asked if he was going to be arrested. You could tell by way they were talking to the other passengers that they knew the game was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm very curious as to how Paul Murphy and his ilk imagine you arrest someone without using physical force........

Fair play to the Gardai, step on the train and you risk a bottle to the back of the head, get them off, down and cuffed without a chance to respond. All without throwing a punch.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm very curious as to how Paul Murphy and his ilk imagine you arrest someone without using physical force........

Fair play to the Gardai, step on the train and you risk a bottle to the back of the head, get them off, down and cuffed without a chance to respond. All without throwing a punch.

I saw a group of teenagers being arrested at Kingswood Luas stop a few nights ago for similar behaviour. Gardai had them handcuffed and on the way to the station within seconds of arriving. All without assaulting them.

• Advertisement

That garda is not a superintendent, and an adult caution happens at a Garda station, not a train station.

He literally asked if he was going to be arrested. You could tell by way they were talking to the other passengers that they knew the game was up.

you obviously have vast knowledge in both operational and administrative policing as well as more legal experience than any one here

or not

coupled with your ability to predict what people may or may not do in the future im surprised you bother to post on boards

you obviously have vast knowledge in both operational and administrative policing as well as more legal experience than any one here

or not

coupled with your ability to predict what people may or may not do in the future im surprised you bother to post on boards

A bit of basic common sense, that's all. I've enough experience of seeing mouthy kids acting the bollocks on public transport to know that throwing them onto the ground like that wasn't necessary.

A bit of basic common sense, that's all. I've enough experience of seeing mouthy kids acting the bollocks on public transport to know that throwing them onto the ground like that wasn't necessary.

apparently not,

did you see what happened before the video?

do you know that yer man moving towards the door wasn't going to run for it seeing as his mate just got arrested?

do you know that the arrested persons weren't already known to be violent or wanted for something else ?
    there are plenty of threads about gangs of people using the dart to travel around Dublin causing carnage

in the most polite terms I would suggest that you are very naïve at best

apparently not,

did you see what happened before the video?

do you know that yer man moving towards the door wasn't going to run for it seeing as his mate just got arrested?

do you know that the arrested persons weren't already known to be violent or wanted for something else ?
    there are plenty of threads about gangs of people using the dart to travel around Dublin causing carnage

in the most polite terms I would suggest that you are very naïve at best

How do we know he wasn't going to whip a gun out? Or maybe one of them had a bomb strapped to his waist.

In the most polite terms, I would suggest you don't know the difference between actual gangs of thugs and a bunch of annoying teenagers.

How do we know he wasn't going to whip a gun out? Or maybe one of them had a bomb strapped to his waist.

In the most polite terms, I would suggest you don't know the difference between actual gangs of thugs and a bunch of annoying teenagers.

the difference between one and the other is a split second

especially if they have a weapon , a bottle for instance

the difference between one and the other is a split second

especially if they have a weapon , a bottle for instance

The way they're trying to reason with everyone in that video and convince them of their 'innocence'... oh yeah, they were definitely going to add 'glassing a Garda' to the charge sheet. Don't be ridiculous.

Or maybe one of them had a bomb strapped to his waist.

Sure you wouldn't fit one under the stab vest.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Acknowledging the fact that the Gardai used excessive force is not the same as being on the side of the people they were arresting. The roaring idiot in the hat with no mask should have been arrested too.

I witnessed a similar situation on a bus recently (a bunch of mouthy kids being a nuisance, throwing glass bottles) and the gardai managed to deal with it without assaulting anyone.

Excessive force my eye, these little runts have no fear of authority and like to act the hard man, no harm to put them in their place.

The way they're trying to reason with everyone in that video and convince them of their 'innocence'... oh yeah, they were definitely going to add 'glassing a Garda' to the charge sheet. Don't be ridiculous.

the embarrassing idiot doing all the shouting and roaring seemed to have a difference of opinion with you

as well as the driver who seems to have called the gardai

and they were both there

but im sure your right ...

unlawful arrest so ? and with all the camera's on darts and in dart stations ?

their senior councils will be happy when it gets to the high court

btw according to the gra a garda gets assaulted every day in Ireland , its not as uncommon as you would thing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Reading the comments on twitter and no surprise to see sad saps saying the guards were too rough, most of them middle class ladies and gents who would be an easy target for these scrotes to pick on.

• Advertisement

the embarrassing idiot doing all the shouting and roaring seemed to have a difference of opinion with you

as well as the driver who seems to have called the gardai

and they were both there

but im sure your right ...

unlawful arrest so ? and with all the camera's on darts and in dart stations ?

their senior councils will be happy when it gets to the high court

btw according to the gra a garda gets assaulted every day in Ireland , its not as uncommon as you would thing

I doubt that the crime they were arrested for is serious enough to go to any court. Whether it should be or not is a separate argument altogether and doesn't excuse the actions of the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I've enough experience of seeing mouthy kids acting the bollocks on public transport to know that throwing them onto the ground like that wasn't necessary.

So have I, & some of them definitely would deserve a bit of the treatment in the video.

Those boys looked a little soft thats why it seemed a bit harsh to see them being tore out of it like that. But the video doesnt show what they were doing beforehand.

I bet now the little marshmallows will think twice the next time they decide to act the bollox on public transport again.

Lesson hopefully learned.

I bet now the little marshmallows will think twice the next time they decide to act the bollox on public transport again.

Or maybe it'll toughen them up a bit, harden their attitudes towards the Gardai (most of whom, to be fair, don't behave like the ones in that video).

I doubt that the crime they were arrested for is serious enough to go to any court. Whether it should be or not is a separate argument altogether and doesn't excuse the actions of the Gardai.

i wont go into the legal ramifications as you clearly dont understand them but

Nothing needs excusing .
    appropriate use of force , If he walked up and punched him right in the nose it would be a issue but here ,?
    removed from the train and restrained while cuffs being put on , no baton , no pepper spray no punches or kicks

Or maybe it'll toughen them up a bit, harden their attitudes towards the Gardai (most of whom, to be fair, don't behave like the ones in that video).

That's hardly the guards faults if they took that attitude. They were clearly acting the bollox to the point of the train being stopped & the guards having to be called. You would hope they have some cop on to realise that whatever they were doing was out of order.

Something obviously was bad enough judging by the cheerleaders reaction to them getting tore out of it like that

i wont go into the legal ramifications as you clearly dont understand them but

If you listened to the scrawnier one whining at the other passengers and deduced from that that he might glass a Garda, I'd politely suggest that you struggle with identifying human behaviour and body language. I hope you're not a guard? Seriously, are you? Or are you just one of their cheerleaders like that cringeworthy pain in the hole in the video?
    mynamejeff wrote:
    Nothing needs excusing .
    appropriate use of force , If he walked up and punched him right in the nose it would be a issue but here ,?
    removed from the train and restrained while cuffs being put on , no baton , no pepper spray no punches or kicks

Had they been removed from the train upright (as opposed to being thrown on the concrete), and then restrained in the event that they resisted the cuffs being put on, then it would've been an appropriate use of force.

Something obviously was bad enough judging by the cheerleaders reaction to them getting tore out of it like that

I'm only guessing, but I'd be very surprised if one of the bottles didn't find its way out the window in the general direction of the guards on the platform. And then the culprit ran off and sat elsewhere in the carriage. But that's just a guess...

If you listened to the scrawnier one whining at the other passengers and deduced from that that he might glass a Garda, I'd politely suggest that you struggle with identifying human behaviour and body language. I hope you're not a guard? Seriously, are you? Or are you just one of their cheerleaders like that cringeworthy pain in the hole in the video?

Had they been removed from the train upright (as opposed to being thrown on the concrete), and then restrained in the event that they resisted the cuffs being put on, then it would've been an appropriate use of force.

why do people making your arguments always fall back on that old jeer ?

in your very next post you clarify how silly that outcome is .

are you suggesting or do you know that they were now throwing bottles at the gardai ?
    it that was the case the gardai acted with even more surprising restraint .

what would you do if some one was throwing bottles at you ?

I'm only guessing, but I'd be very surprised if one of the bottles didn't find its way out the window in the general direction of the guards on the platform. And then the culprit ran off and sat elsewhere in the carriage. But that's just a guess...

The cheerleader would have insisted he be arrested too if that were to have happened. I'm sure if any one of them had tried that, he'd have been seen, & wouldn't be sitting cushy in his seat for very long

• Advertisement

why do people making your arguments always fall back on that old jeer ?

Don't worry, it was only a joke. I don't really think you might be a guard. A guard would be able to discern the difference between some cheeky little runt and someone who was likely to glass him. That's not you shouting and cheering them on in the video and asking random people if they'd also like to be arrested, though, is it? :eek:
    mynamejeff wrote:
    are you suggesting or do you know that they were now throwing bottles at the gardai ?

It's one of the first things they say in the video. My guess, based on previous experiences, is that one of them (probably not one of the two arguing) sneakily flung a bottle out the window as the guards arrived on the platform and then ran off to 'hide' down the carriage. Every group of idiots has one member who's an even bigger idiot than the rest of them.

Advertisement