Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming Gardai

Options
  • 10-10-2020 1:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

It seems like members of AGS do not like being filmed. Why do they not like being filmed if they have nothing to hide it looks very bad on them that they make it visible that they hate it and assault and threathen to arrest members of the public for filming them during the course of their work.

Now I understand why they might not want to be filmed but they have absolutely no right to stop people filming in a public place and yet they continue to it. Do at least value their jobs or can they do what they like and not face represcussions. In almost every job if you tried to grab the phone off a member of the public you'd be instantly dismissed and rightly so but does this not apply to Gardai?
    https://twitter.com/AndyHeasman2/status/1314681821813186563?s=19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

GT89 wrote: »
    It seems like members of AGS do not like being filmed. Why do they not like being filmed if they have nothing to hide it looks very bad on them that they make it visible that they hate it and assault and threathen to arrest members of the public for filming them during the course of their work.

Now I understand why they might not want to be filmed but they have absolutely no right to stop people filming in a public place and yet they continue to it. Do at least value their jobs or can they do what they like and not face represcussions. In almost every job if you tried to grab the phone off a member of the public you'd be instantly dismissed and rightly so but does this not apply to Gardai? Also if they have nothing to hide why do they have a lroblem with being filmed.

Because snippets don’t tell a full story.
    Generally people who film are gob****es.

Would you like if someone walked behind you filming you at work ?do you even work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Now I understand why they might not want to be filmed but they have absolutely no right to stop people filming in a public place and yet they continue to it. Do at least value their jobs or can they do what they like and not face represcussions. In almost every job if you tried to grab the phone off a member of the public you'd be instantly dismissed and rightly so but does this not apply to Gardai? Also if they have nothing to hide why do they have a lroblem with being filmed.

Andy Heasman, the guy looking for money for his Patriot Hut.

G'wan outta that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Now I understand why they might not want to be filmed

wha.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Antifa are a terrorist ideology so I can see why they would.

• Advertisement

Antifa are a terrorist ideology so I can see why they would.

You make more U-turns than the Monaco GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

"He's a juvenile so you cant record him"

What was going on there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

ted1 wrote: »
    Because snippets don’t tell a full story.
    Generally people who film are gob****es.

Even if they are gob****es and acting the maggot still no excuse for the Gardai to assault them. If they are breaking the law the Gardai can arrest if not they really should descalate. Name a job where you wouldn't get sacked for physically taking a phone out of someones hand without their consent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Wow! People trying to do their job don’t like morons shoving camera phones in their faces, who would have guessed?

I don’t blame the Gardai to be honest, who’s to say that these videos will be shown in full when published online? Most of the videos of Gardaí I see shared online seem to conveniently start well after the conversation has started and become heated.

Even if they are gob****es and acting the maggot still no excuse for the Gardai to assault them. If they are breaking the law the Gardai can arrest if not they really should descalate. Name a job where you wouldn't get sacked for physically taking a phone out of someones hand without their consent?

Name a job where uneducated inbred feral scum follow you about filming?

Also it wasn’t taking off then it was lightly tapped out if their hands.

He’s lucky that was a Garda because anyone else would have picked his lights out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

gardai should be allowed to rain chaos down on all the degenerates, so many recidivists could have had a great life if a strong thick mayo man hammered the shyte outta them early on.

Andy Heasman here, genius at work.

People that believe his crap are either the thickest of the thick or on a wind up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyHeasman2/status/1314295770766610432

Wow! People trying to do their job don’t like morons shoving camera phones in their faces, who would have guessed?

I don’t blame the Gardai to be honest, who’s to say that these videos will be shown in full when published online? Most of the videos of Gardaí I see shared online seem to conveniently start well after the conversation has started and become heated.

I understand it's probably not pleasant for them to have people coming close filming them. In this instance they should either arrest the person filming for assaulting them if they are guilty of that or de escalate from the situation could be poor training I don't know.

Looks very unprofessional of them to rip someones phone out of their hand without following it up with an arrest.

Gardai

Prison officers

Military police

You name one job that requires the use of physical force without it being assault?

Name a job that you can cut someone with a knife without it being assault.

Name one job where someone can go into your house and take your TV

Name one job where someone can blow up a building with dynamite.

Jobs, there's a lot of em and they vary.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Videos like this really make you respect the amount of self-restraint the Gardaí demonstrate going about their daily work.

Just imagine for a second. You have a can of pepper spray in one pocket, an extendible baton in the other and this clown in front of you trying to provoke a reaction.

I understand it's probably not pleasant for them to have people coming close filming them. In this instance they should either arrest the person filming for assaulting them if they are guilty of that or de escalate from the situation could be poor training I don't know.

Looks very unprofessional of them to rip someones phone out of their hand without following it up with an arrest.

Only looks unprofessional if you follow Gemma O D. To everyone else it looks very constrained.
    I whole heartedly think that they should beat the **** out of muppets like the camera mans snd they would have public support

Birneybau wrote: »
    Andy Heasman here, genius at work.

People that believe his crap are either the thickest of the thick or on a wind up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyHeasman2/status/1314295770766610432

It dosen't matter who it is. I'd say the same if the same happened a PBP activist at a water protest or Jack the Ripper.

If I asked someone to stop filming me in work and they refused and continued to harass me (which is what this is harassment) I can guarantee that the phone would be quickly removed from their hand. However luckily the members of the public I interact with every day are not moronic enough to require this instruction and know that it is common courtesy not to shove a camera phone in my face. I feel that the Gardai should be allowed to come down harder on people like these

It dosen't matter who it is. I'd say the same if the same happened a PBP activist at a water protest or Jack the Ripper.

You would complain of a Garda too Jack the rippers phone? Priorities are all wrong.

Recording Gardai is not an issue. Shoving cameras in their faces and trying to antagonise them while they are trying to do their jobs is.

Just like if I did it to my binman or postman they wouldn't be long in telling me where to really shove it.

ted1 wrote: »
    Name a job where uneducated inbred feral scum follow you about filming?

Also it wasn’t taking off then it was lightly tapped out if their hands.

He’s lucky that was a Garda because anyone else would have picked his lights out

Seen lot's of videos of the same happening to the likes of parking wardens but they never seen them rip phones out of peoples hands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Your Face wrote: »
    "He's a juvenile so you cant record him"

What was going on there?

From what I gather from this thread is that this Andy character is some sort of neo fascist and was trying to film his "enemy" antifa protester getting arrested.

The Garda didn't take kindly to it. Probably because he knows this neo fascist would use it as for propaganda purposes.

Me hole

Seen lot's of videos of the same happening to the likes of parking wardens but they never seen them rip phones out of peoples hands

Maybe you should be more selective who you follow on social media.

Says a lot about you. I’m going to add you to the ignore list as you are not the type person I’d enjoy a pint with.

Now I understand why they might not want to be filmed but they have absolutely no right to stop people filming in a public place and yet they continue to it. Do at least value their jobs or can they do what they like and not face represcussions. In almost every job if you tried to grab the phone off a member of the public you'd be instantly dismissed and rightly so but does this not apply to Gardai?

Little confused. Where was the assault and theft of phone? I saw a Garda placed his hands on front of a phone and a sergeant walk down the road and do absolutely nothing to the gob****e that was whining a camera into his face.

Seems people recording the Gardai don't like hands being legally placed in front of their cameras in a public place

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

It's the guards, they can do as they please.

Cameras have softened them, always film guards for your safety and theirs.

If I asked someone to stop filming me in work and they refused and continued to harass me (which is what this is harassment) I can guarantee that the phone would be quickly removed from their hand. However luckily the members of the public I interact with every day are not moronic enough to require this instruction and know that it is common courtesy not to shove a camera phone in my face. I feel that the Gardai should be allowed to come down harder on people like these

If they are being genuinely harrased why couldn't they have arrested the person using the proper procedure at they end they are Gardai they have that power and training. Gardai should be able to keep their cool in these types of incidents. Would have thought keeping calm in difficult situations is a key skill of a Garda.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Gardai should be able to keep their cool in these types of incidents.

Mission accomplished.

Most of the rest of us would have left the dipsh*t with the camera in a bubbling ball of snot given a can of pepper spray and the same scenario.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Why is the Garda saying he can't record because he was recording a juvenile? There's no such law. There is far as I'm aware no legal basis on what the Garda is saying.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy videoing is an idiot. But that doesn't make the Garda right to spout off non-existing laws, that's far more troubling than the little scuffle the other Gard gave the guy with the camera, which I think he was right to do as the guy with the camera was invading his personal space.

If they are being genuinely harrased why couldn't they have arrested the person using the proper procedure at they end they are Gardai they have that power and training. Gardai should be able to keep their cool in these types of incidents. Would have thought keeping calm in difficult situations is a key skill of a Garda.

Because it's far more annoying to the likes of you that the Sergeant just blankly stared into the camera until gob****e got bored and ****ed off.

You have a gripe, nothing I or anyone here says will change that.

I'll follow you for the day with a camera one foot from your face. See if you 'have nothing to hide and therefore shouldn't care'. I'm certain up would have an absolute fit over it.

• Advertisement

If they arrested him the likes of you would be on here complaining about “political policing” instead. Why aren’t you complaining about the fools behind the camera instead, they are the bigger blight on our society.

Advertisement