Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

duploelabs wrote: »
    So you don't know if they're true or not.

Of course not. The whole world knew Trump colluded with russia, let's not go nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    That article suggests it was part of the Mueller investigation, I honestly don't know what they found but I think we would have heard about it if there were emails saying 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'. Maybe it will be investigated after he leaves office and he will be prosecuted for anything corrupt or illegal.

Surprise!!!!
    Trump claims he never told McGahn to fire Mueller, but they say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Has Trump comment on Rudi?

Has Trump commented on his bank account and dealings in China?

Has trump commented on him.selling $40m worth of property to Russian oligarchs for $100m?

If not he must be guilty so.

According to Biden fans he would be doing the right thing if he didn't comment? :confused:

I think Trump and Biden should be explaining, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

According to Biden fans he would be doing the right thing if he didn't comment? :confused:

He won't comment though will he, you won't hear a peep from Trump about any of it.

Does that make him complicit in crimes? Does it make him guilty? Because according to you and others it makes Joe Biden guilty.

He won't comment though will he, you won't hear a peep from Trump about any of it.

Does that make him complicit in crimes? Does it make him guilty? Because according to you and others it makes Joe Biden guilty.

Sounds like Trump's got something to hide, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It's what is being reported in a major newspaper, with evidence of emails that have not been disputed, that is not me making it up. Thanks for your concern.

What major newspaper?

What major newspaper?

The fifth best selling newspaper in the US and the oldest of the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's getting to the point, now, where Trump and his supporters are dispensing with all pretence of civility and coherence in their argument. They are falling back on defensive equivocation and conspiracy theory. The whole campaign comes across like a mortally wounded dog who is desperately fearful and snapping at whoever comes close, not caring if the intention is to help or to hurt. It's now all the same. Middle of the road voters? I think Trump has given up on them. The strategy of firing up the base has seriously backfired, if it even was a strategy and not just an ego-stroking exercise which Trump could not sense the long-term ramifications of until it was too late, and he has needlessly alienated a lot of potential voters. His cult will follow him to the ends of the Earth, and that will be some source of comfort to him, but a major headache for the rest of the Republican party if and when Trump loses the presidency.

The great tragedy of it all for Trump is that he's looking down the barrel of losing to Biden, an ancient corporate Democrat who has barely campaigned in the normal sense (not that there was not reasons for this). If Trump had handled certain things differently, it could have been Reagan/Mondale, but out of sheer ignorance unlike anything we've seen from a modern POTUS he's temporarily making Biden into another Obama. To paraphrase the actor Peter O' Toole when he was asked about how felt being considered a great actor,

"It's not that I'm great, it's that the other guy is so f*cking awful!"

The fifth best selling newspaper in the US and the oldest of the top 10.

Why can't you say the name?

briany wrote: »
    It's getting to the point, now, where Trump and his supporters are dispensing with all pretence of civility and coherence in their argument. They are falling back on defensive equivocation and conspiracy theory. The whole campaign comes across like a mortally wounded dog who is desperately fearful and snapping at whoever comes close, not caring if the intention is to help or to hurt. It's now all the same. Middle of the road voters? I think Trump has given up on them. The strategy of firing up the base has seriously backfired, if it even was a strategy and not just an ego-stroking exercise which Trump could not sense the long-term ramifications of until it was too late, and he has needlessly alienated a lot of potential voters. His cult will follow him to the ends of the Earth, and that will be some source of comfort to him, but a major headache for the rest of the Republican party if and when Trump loses the presidency.

The great tragedy of it all for Trump is that he's looking down the barrel of losing to Biden, an ancient corporate Democrat who has barely campaigned in the normal sense (not that there was not reasons for this). If Trump had handled certain things differently, it could have been Reagan/Mondale, but he's making Biden into another Obama. To paraphrase the actor Peter O' Toole when he was asked about how felt being considered a great actor,

"It's not that I'm great, it's that the other guy is so f*cking awful!"

The 'Russian planted laptop with fake emails and photos of Hunter smoking crack' theory is the definition of a conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement

They're very public allegations, I just don't understand why people say they only target Hunter.

They won't be verified as true until a court rules on it.

Verification wouldn't require them to validated by a court. Validation to the point of them being viewed as credible. Eg Watergate wasn't viewed as credible because of what happened in a court room. They had credible evidence. Meanwhile Rudy wouldn't release the offending emails which would have plenty of metadata in the email source.

Why can't you say the name?

We both know the name, it's the New York Post. Is this just theatre for you?

Verification wouldn't require them to validated by a court. Validation to the point of them being viewed as credible. Eg Watergate wasn't viewed as credible because of what happened in a court room. They had credible evidence. Meanwhile Rudy wouldn't release the offending emails which would have plenty of metadata in the email source.

Last I heard he handed the hard drive to the FBI to look at.

Sounds like Trump's got something to hide, doesn't it?

It's ironic when 3 years of trump threads were based on actual Russian disinformation. Trump was guilty from day one.

I didn't particularly defend Trump then either, if there's a chance people at the top are corrupt I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to know.

One thing that gets me is when I see media and vast swathes of people suddenly not even curious any more after years of endless speculation and drawing lines between nodes on whiteboards.

We both know the name, it's the New York Post. Is this just theatre for you?

Why didn't the 4 other newspapers report it?

Last I heard he handed the hard drive to the FBI to look at.

And this still doesn't explain why he didn't divulge a single actual email when it would have bolstered the story's credibility.

Why didn't the 4 other newspapers report it?

We can't speak for them but they don't hide their hostility to one candidate and will hold their noses while pretending that the other one is squeaky clean. I heard what sounds like a credible theory: people in the media thought their fairly even handed coverage of Hillary's email problems might just have tipped the edge for Trump and are not going to be the one's getting cancelled for telling the truth this time around, if Trump somehow wins this.

The 'Russian planted laptop with fake emails and photos of Hunter smoking crack' theory is the definition of a conspiracy theory?

There's the equivocation I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MoonUnit75 wrote:
    According to Biden fans he would be doing the right thing if he didn't comment?

I just posted, quoting you, that Biden should say nothing about it. He is going to win the election if he avoids controversy. It's that simple and if he feels the need to respond he should wait until after the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

I'm confident Trump will win. Alot more people are aware of the satanic cult that control the media, global financial system, music industry and Hollywood. They see what the media are doing and the agenda behind Covid. Trump stands in the way of those that want to burn down America and the silent majority will have their say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its quite sad how Trump diehards are so desperate to discredit Hunter.

At least last time they targeted his actual rival (Hillary) but after Trumps failure to Joe in the debate they now target the ultimately irrelevant Hunter.

Poor guys.

And targetting Clinton had more impact because there was nothing to counter with as Trump was a novice politician. Now there is plenty of ammo against Trump which further lessens the impact of his attempts to smear Biden.

We can't speak for them but they don't hide their hostility to one candidate and will hold their noses while pretending that the other one is squeaky clean. I heard what sounds like a credible theory: people in the media thought their fairly even handed coverage of Hillary's email problems might just have tipped the edge for Trump and are not going to be the one's getting cancelled for telling the truth this time around, if Trump somehow wins this.

Here's the difference: the email scandal was something Hillary herself was involved in. On the other hand, there's nothing in the story of Hunter's battle with drug addiction that places Joe Biden in a bad light, except to say that being the father of someone who was addicted to drugs makes you guilty by association and that is one seriously tenuous stance.

Biden has a wealth of material to criticise Trump on with the handling of Covid and the transparent populist rhetoric he's been peddling. All the Trump team has is to take a desperate swing at the man's son. Classy. Give us back John McCain,

"(On Obama) He's a decent family man, citizen, who I just happen to have some disagreements with."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm confident Trump will win. Alot more people are aware of the satanic cult that control the media, global financial system, music industry and Hollywood. They see what the media are doing and the agenda behind Covid. Trump stands in the way of those that want to burn down America and the silent majority will have their say.
    I think you should maybe ask somebody close to you to have a chat about mental health if you truly believe what you posted above.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just posted, quoting you, that Biden should say nothing about it. He is going to win the election if he avoids controversy. It's that simple and if he feels the need to respond he should wait until after the election.

It's definitely his best shot. The whole campaign has been like that, hide and let Trump shoot himself in the foot.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Take your conspiracy theories to the relevant forum, which is not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ah you can always count on your posts for that perfectly timed comedic moment amongst the seriousness! Priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Trump hasn’t denied this either AFAIK. Must mean it happened :(

https://twitter.com/thetweetofgod/status/1265654270222667777?s=21

Or this.

https://twitter.com/thetweetofgod/status/1265347622660739072?s=21

Can’t believe he murdered someone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Trump hasn’t denied this either AFAIK. Must mean it happened :(

https://twitter.com/thetweetofgod/status/1265654270222667777?s=21

Or this.

https://twitter.com/thetweetofgod/status/1265347622660739072?s=21

Can’t believe he murdered someone :(

Has any news organisation brought these 'accusations' :) to the public's attention through the national media? If not, I don't know why he would be searching through Twitter for every single mention of his name and associated accusations. Then again...

What would you say if Trump was asked 'do you disavow white supremacy' and he said 'my response is I have no response'. According to the collective wisdom here, when Trump was asked if he disavowed white supremacy and he said 'sure, sure' he still didn't disavow white supremacy. He could be a white supremacist for all I know, at least he has answered the question and made his actual response known about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement