Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Why are you so obsessed with Hunter Biden?

Nothing to attack Joe Biden with, out of desperation they have to go for the Hunter and hope everyone assumes guilt by association.

It's failing miserably.

It certainly hasn't moved the needle politically other than maybe further left as the US public see it for what it is.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I'm not, I'm interested in a corruption scandal. He just happens to have made a massive, ridiculous f%ck up that revealed what had always been denied. You don't find it fascinating?

One that isn't very credible, can you point to a single thing from the emails that were verified? Some photos that could have originated from anywhere does not count.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm not, I'm interested in a corruption scandal. He just happens to have made a massive, ridiculous f%ck up that revealed what had always been denied. You don't find it fascinating?

I find it confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

8-10 wrote: »
    He's not even being accused of a coherent misdeed!

I don't know if the salacious Hunter Biden stuff is being used to increase the scandal but it's working against them.

If Biden used his position to influence his son's wealth - that's the scandal to focus on.

But instead there's all this other crap that's irrelevant and end state is that there's no one liner scandal here that everybody can easily understand.

Tactics are backfiring. Keep it simple and you might have a chance.

Biden released his tax returns. How do corrupt politicians benefit from their activities without accumulating a massive, unexplained income that would show on tax returns you intend to release? They use their closest, most trusted family members to collect the cash and the Big Guy gets at least 10%, or up to 50% according to Hunter's leaked texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't find unverified stories from dubious sources fascinating, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MoonUnit75 wrote:
    Hunter Biden has not called it a hoax, Joe Biden has not called it a hoax, the FBI has not called it a hoax, the Director of Intelligence has not called it a hoax. No one named or copied in the emails we've seen has called it a hoax. Everything points to it being genuine. If they are lying about this video then the FBI can completely destroy their credibility at any moment.
    No engagement in anything controversisl wins the election for Joe Biden. It would be beyond stupid for any of them to get involved in this crap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

How do corrupt politicians benefit from their activities without accumulating a massive, unexplained income that would show on tax returns you intend to release? They use their closest, most trusted family members to collect the cash and the Big Guy gets at least 10%, or up to 50%

Your inventing stories again MU75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Biden released his tax returns. How do corrupt politicians benefit from their activities without accumulating a massive, unexplained income that would show on tax returns you intend to release? They use their closest, most trusted family members to collect the cash and the Big Guy gets at least 10%, or up to 50% according to Hunter's leaked texts.

Yep, keep some on the side for "the big guy". Absolutely disgraceful carry on. Joe Biden should hang his head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No one really believes that 'no comment' and no denial is the best way to respond when accused of major misdeeds so close to an election. That is a rationalisation to help people think they don't have to consider if it is true.

Why would Joe Biden respond? What "major misdeeds" has he been accused of?

Cool, so can you prove any of what you just claimed? Anything?

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Nothing to attack Joe Biden with, out of desperation they have to go for the Hunter and hope everyone assumes guilt by association.

It's failing miserably.

It certainly hasn't moved the needle politically other than maybe further left as the US public see it for what it is.

This is an Irish forum, it's in the name Boards.ie . Why is this any different than discussing a corruption scandal in Tanzania? I've said it before, this thread has no real world effect on anything to do with the election. It's mostly people based in Ireland discussing events in the US. I don't want to be on any team belonging to a foreign country, stop pretending that I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

8-10 wrote: »
    He's not even being accused of a coherent misdeed!

I don't know if the salacious Hunter Biden stuff is being used to increase the scandal but it's working against them.

If Biden used his position to influence his son's wealth - that's the scandal to focus on.

But instead there's all this other crap that's irrelevant and end state is that there's no one liner scandal here that everybody can easily understand.

Tactics are backfiring. Keep it simple and you might have a chance.

That's a great point, but kind of assumes it is fiction.

If it is true, the narrative is what it is as crazy as it might be. If it's largely manufactured then yes, you can craft the narrative to your hearts content. The narrative is so insane you can't make it up - not literally.

For example, as soon as rudy found the underage stuff and consulted with advisors, by law he had to give it to law enforcement immediately. So he had no control over the timing of that. It would be a felony for him not to report that.

Can you show us these texts? Links to where they are proven to be from Hunter Biden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Rudi will surely have to release some actual proof now when he is done playing with himself in front of the young lady.

Graham wrote: »

It's failing miserably.

Where are you getting this idea? Joe Biden is targeted by the alleged corruption he engaged with his son and allegedly knowing at least one occasion hunter was a danger to children.

They are the allegations, not talking about the truth of them but it's not just Hunter.

Why would Joe Biden respond? What "major misdeeds" has he been accused of?

When Joe was supposed to be tackling corrupt politicians and oligarchs in Ukraine, his son was being vastly overpaid by one of these oligarchs. Joe said this was no problem though, he never spoke to his son about his job.

Now the emails suggest he not only discussed his son's 'jobs' but took a cut out of his son's 'jobs' in Ukraine and China. His legal team are also admitting he may have met one of the executives who asked his son for access in one of the emails, but in a 'more casual setting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Where are you getting this idea? Joe Biden is targeted by the alleged corruption he engaged with his son and allegedly knowing at least one occasion hunter was a danger to children.

They are the allegations, not talking about the truth of them but it's not just Hunter.

Would you not verify them as true before you circulated them then?

When Joe was supposed to be tackling corrupt politicians and oligarchs in Ukraine, his son was being vastly overpaid by one of these oligarchs. Joe said this was no problem though, he never spoke to his son about his job.

So no "major misdeeds"?
    Now the emails suggest he not only discussed his son's 'jobs' but took a cut out of his son's 'jobs' in Ukraine and China. His legal team are also admitting he may have met one of the executives who asked his son for access in one of the emails, but in a 'more casual setting'.

What emails? Where are they? Show me the emails...have you read them? Have you seen the original ones with headers and metadata?

You keep on about emails and texts yet never seem to be able to show us this shocking evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No one has denied it. They have commented, to say the meeting in the email that shouldn't even exist wasn't on the official schedule. Why not just say that email never existed? Joe has commented too, his response is 'I have no response'.

your issue seems to be that Biden isn't lowering himself to rudys level.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Would you not verify them as true before you circulated them then?

They're very public allegations, I just don't understand why people say they only target Hunter.

They won't be verified as true until a court rules on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You are just making it up as you go along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

There's no outrage, 'outrage' seems to exist mostly in other people's heads these days. There's no denying Hunter and Donald Trump are both sleaze balls.

Hunter Biden does indeed appear to be a sleazeball. It’s hard for me to work up any interest in him and his personal life though. He’s just some dude. I also don’t care what Giuliani has or hasn’t got up to.

You are just making it up as you go along now.

It's what is being reported in a major newspaper, with evidence of emails that have not been disputed, that is not me making it up. Thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Let's investigate it. At least the media would report on it if there is evidence of Trump taking corrupt payments from foreign oligarchs and dictatorships for promises or favours.

They did, you and yours chose to ignore it.
    Trump Sold a $40 Million Estate to a Russian Oligarch for $100 Million
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114999636&postcount=3609

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's what is being reported in a major newspaper, with evidence of emails that have not been disputed, that is not me making it up. Thanks for your concern.

Not engaging with an accusation of guilt is not an admission of guilt anywhere that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They're very public allegations, I just don't understand why people say they only target Hunter.

They won't be verified as true until a court rules on it.

So you don't know if they're true or not.

your issue seems to be that Biden isn't lowering himself to rudys level.

Come on now. There's an election in a couple of weeks. Joe Biden is asking people to trust him with the most important job in his country for the next four years. Yet when presented with allegations of corruption backed up with names, dates and arrangements, he says 'I have no response'. That would be fine for an ordinary Joe Soap or major businessperson but Biden is asking people to give him their vote. He owes them a bit of transparency and credit for their intelligence.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Not engaging with an accusation of guilt is not an admission of guilt anywhere that matters.

See my last post above.

Come on now. There's an election in a couple of weeks. Joe Biden is asking people to trust him with the most important job in his country for the next four years. Yet when presented with allegations of corruption backed up with names, dates and arrangements, he says 'I have no response'. That would be fine for an ordinary Joe Soap or major businessperson but Biden is asking people to give him their vote. He owes them a bit of transparency and credit for their intelligence.

Has Trump comment on Rudi?

Has Trump commented on his bank account and dealings in China?

Has trump commented on him.selling $40m worth of property to Russian oligarchs for $100m?

If not he must be guilty so.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »

That article suggests it was part of the Mueller investigation, I honestly don't know what they found but I think we would have heard about it if there were emails saying 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'. Maybe it will be investigated after he leaves office and he will be prosecuted for anything corrupt or illegal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement