Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

This is really damaging Hunter's chances.

Well, it was Hunter Bidens laptop. I expect the big guy is not impressed.

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1318251819903127552

https://twitter.com/AugustTakala/status/1317255675320348673

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

THIS IS REAL: California Official Tells Voters Not to ‘Microwave Mail-In Ballots’ to Kill Coronavirus

https://twitter.com/AndrewPollackFL/status/1316103668899356672

Biden is very strong in the morgues and early mail in ballots from cemeteries. He is expected to carry the critical care units too. :p

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fox news lawyers on Tucker Carlson
    cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Biden is very strong in the morgues and early mail in ballots from cemeteries. He is expected to carry the critical care units too. :p

Superspreader Trump will have more voters in morgues and cemeteries that Biden, who is at least smart enough not to kill his own voters off by holding ridiculous rallies designed only to feed his fragile ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Trump has been filling all of those places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Likely he is attempting to reveal hypocrisy.

his own or hers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

briany wrote: »
    I have been thinking that Trump would fail to accept the result, and there are few other ways to interpret his, "The only way we're gonna lose this election is if the election is rigged." remark. However, he seems to be pivoting away from that slightly as he said at one of his recent rallies that he would be so embarrassed to lose to Joe Biden and that sounds like he's acknowledging losing as a legitimate possibility and dropping the rigged line. Trump appears to be aware that his prospects of winning have been consistently forecast as significantly worse than in 2016 - he even made a joking kind of appeal to suburban women who polls have been saying are switching away from him.

If Trump loses, I expect him to make something of a song and dance about it, but how much of one he makes depends on the severity. If it's close, he'll be like a pitbull. He'll sink his teeth in and use every electoral trick in the Republican arsenal to potentially clinch it for himself. If it's a severe loss, I expect him to say some inflammatory stuff about rigging to protect his own ego, but also to cut his losses and turn his focus to preventing any possible legal action against him after he leaves office. The funny thing is, though, is that maybe the best way to prevent legal action and stay in the states would be just to leave quietly. If Trump is pursued over criminal matters, his supporters would take it as "Corrupt Dems seek to jail their political opponents', and they would kick off over it, and Trump having nothing to lose would egg them on fully.

Honestly, if it’s a decisive win for Biden, it will look really undignified to not accept the result.

Kinda like with the eighth amendment referendum. There were challenges ready to go as soon as the result came out. They looked pitiful though. They were clearly expecting a much closer result that they could fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    No sources for any of these statements? Hmm.

The Beau Biden Foundation address is 12-15 minutes drive from the Mac Repair Shop.
    https://www.zoominfo.com/c/beau-biden-foundation/352659815 address Beau Biden Foundation 4601 Concord Pike, Wilmington, Delaware, 19803, United States

Mac Repair Shop 21A Trolley Sq, Wilmington, DE 19806

The Beau Biden Foundation was wound up a couple of weeks after the laptops were dropped off in April 2019 when Joe Biden announced he was running for president, might partly explain why the laptops were never collected. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/25/biden-foundation-suspends-operations-effective-immediately.html

even fox news turned down the story. that tells you how weak it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why haven't the Bidens denied it's Hunter's laptop?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You don't feed conspiracy theories, it just gives them air.

Read back the last 500 posts to see what that looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

froog wrote: »
    even fox news turned down the story. that tells you how weak it is.

Or, look at it this way: it was a very high risk story. Hunter Biden and everyone on the emails could have come out and said the emails were fake or the photos were hacked from a phone he left at a strip club or something. People on the emails could have sent the originals, someone from the Biden campaign could have had airplane boarding passes that showed Hunter was in Bangkok when the laptops were handed in.

None of these things have materialised. No one in the Biden campaign or Hunter's lawyers have disputed that the emails are in any way fake or manipulated.

QED

Graham wrote: »
    You don't feed conspiracy theories, it just gives them air.

Read back the last 500 posts to see what that looks like.

That the Russians planted a laptop last December that was handed straight to the FBI hoping it wouldn't be discredited after almost a year had passed?

biko wrote: »
    Why haven't the Bidens denied it's Hunter's laptop?

They can't. There's probably hundreds of people in those emails they need to contact to ensure they would 100% testify in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Any word on this 60 minutes interview Trump supposedly stormed out of due to being asked difficult questions? Saw a few people talking about it on twitter, and him claiming it was biased (no surprises he'd be on that): https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1318675787973840896

It's hard not to assume Trump struggled with or was asked awkward questions and stomped off in a hissy fit.

Very Presidential.

QED

That's one reason why journalists get Pulitzers, they run high risk stories that set them against the odds. Most journalists prefer a regular paycheck to a Pulitzer and won't take high risk stories. Just because a story is true doesn't make it worth being smeared or sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Complete nonsense.

Forgive me if I have a little chuckle at that, having read some of the nonsense you've been spouting here recently. Trump is an utterly loathsome individual. I'm still hoping that someday, people will start to realise that it's not everyone else's fault that Trump is the most loathed politician on the planet.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'm still hoping that someday, people will start to realise that it's not everyone else's fault that Trump is the most loathed politician on the planet.

All being well, that day will be in 13 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Not according to this letter to the US Department of State:
    "It is my understanding that on February 4, 2016, the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s
    Office, under the direction of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, announced the seizure of
    property from Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings’ founder, Mykola Zlochevksy.
    The seizure occurred pursuant to a raid on Mr. Zlochevsky’s home 011 February 2, 2016.
    It is also my understanding that on February 4, 2016, Hunter Biden began “following”
    then-Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken, a longtime adviser to Vice President Joe Biden, on
    Twitter, indicating that the two may have initiated conversations regarding Prosecutor General
    Shokin’s investigation into Burisma. At that time, Hunter Biden was serving as a board member
    for Burisma."

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ukraine-clearinghouse-2019.11.21-lg-to-mp-re-biden-and-ukraine.pdf

I've not seen any reports on the EU support on this, but I would be interested in reading more about it.

He is on video saying if Ukraine don't get rid of him they aren't getting $1 Billion in loan guarantees.

Would this $1bn thing not be about the same as when Trump walked out of talks to reopen the government last year unless he got funding for his wall?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/shutdown-day-19-trump-comes-to-congress-as-gop-faces-unity-test-over-wall-funding/2019/01/09/8f3bfab8-1423-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

Trump just blew his load all over the crowd. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,252 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Trump just now; "Kamala... by the way, she won't be the first female president, can't happen. A woman president. Can't happen."

Jeysus, I've managed about 5 minutes of this, with a dozen hefty lies. That's probably enough for the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

So many African Americans on the Trump train. Watch any rally and there are people of all races. Fifty Cent is a fan. Ice Cube is a fan. Kayne is a fan. Many of the African American influencers on Youtube are Trump supporters also.

So many African Americans on the Trump train. Watch any rally and there are people of all races. Fifty Cent is a fan. Ice Cube is a fan. Kayne is a fan. Many of the African American influencers on Youtube are Trump supporters also.

Ice Cube, who had to call out the change of what was on their caps from what was on them to 'Trump' in the pic that Eric had shared that doesnt seem to be available any longer?

This one with the photoshopped caps:

530004.jpg

This one with the photoshopped caps:

530004.jpg

Kinda sad that if Ice Cube is a supporter they had to photoshop that image, and he had to call them out on it.

Kinda sad that if Ice Cube is a supporter they had to photoshop that image, and he had to call them out on it.

He's been active in clarifying the claim of 'support' too, saying it's not about support, it's that he doesn't care who's in power, if he can affect change by talking to them, he'll talk to them. That black lives are too important to not try to talk to those in power --whoever they are -- about protecting them.

"I'm not playing no more of these political games, we're not part of a team ... so I'm going to whoever's in power and I'm going to speak to them about our problems, specifically," "I'm going there for Black Americans, the ones who are descendants of slaves."

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's been active in clarifying the claim of 'support' too, saying it's not about support, it's that he doesn't care who's in power, if he can affect change by talking to them, he'll talk to them. That black lives are too important to not try to talk to those in power --whoever they are -- about protecting them.

Which is a good thing. And being pretty honest about his position. I saw something from 50 Cent saying he wouldn't support Biden because of his tax position. Which is kinda sad.

I guess Eric saw that as an overall endorsement and went the whole hog based off a picture he may or may not have known was doctored.

Which is a good thing. And being pretty honest about his position. I saw something from 50 Cent saying he wouldn't support Biden because of his tax position. Which is kinda sad.

Yup, i've no problem with Ice Cube having that stance, it's the logical correct stance to try to affect change.

Yeah, agreed on the 50 cent thing, especially when taxes will only be raised for those earning more than 400k a year.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yup, i've no problem with Ice Cube having that stance, it's the logical correct stance to try to affect change.

Absolutely, 100% agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement