If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV size recommendation

Options
13»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,134 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

coff66 wrote: »
    Hi Coff66.

Sorry for the delay.

I haven't had a minute today.

Is there a time that suits tomorrow and I will drop you a call then?

That's no worries Kenny,

Would be available all day to take a call.

Thanks,

Coff66
    Hey Coff66.

I will drop a call shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

Hey Coff66.

Thanks Kenny,

Free whenever suits you.

Regards,

Coff66

Hey Coff66.

Thanks Kenny,

Free whenever suits you.

Regards,

Coff66
    Hey Coff66.

I've dropped you a PM.

Hey Coff66.

I've dropped you a PM.

Thanks Kenny,

I've replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Off topic a little, can I ask you guys about the construction of the fake chimney breast? It is block work or timber frame and plaster board?

• Advertisement

Off topic a little, can I ask you guys about the construction of the fake chimney breast? It is block work or timber frame and plaster board?

Hey FastFullBack,

The fake chimney breast is timber frame and plasterboard.

Regards,

Coff66

Hey Coff66.

I've dropped you a PM.

Thanks Kenny,

I've replied.
    Morning Coff66.

i will call you within the next 15 minutes if that is okay?

Morning Coff66.

Hey Kenny,

I'm free all morning.

Thanks,

Coff66

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Morning Coff66.

Hey Kenny,

I'm free all morning.

Thanks,

Coff66
    Thanks for taking my call this morning Coff66!

No worries David,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Coff66

• Advertisement

No worries David,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Coff66
    No problem Coff66, if you need anything else please let don't hesitate to drop me a post!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that the replacement TV arrived really quickly and was checked immediately. No issues. Took a week to organised getting to hung but very very happy with it so far.

Seem to be having some technical difficulties with the picture of sky q with a HDMI extender over cat5e cable, it's not particularly clear and text can blurry but no such issues with any other input so it's obviously an issue with the balun or something.

If ye have any suggestions of how it might be improved that would be great.

A few pictures of the TV mounted below.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that the replacement TV arrived really quickly and was checked immediately. No issues. Took a week to organised getting to hung but very very happy with it so far.

Seem to be having some technical difficulties with the picture of sky q with a HDMI extender over cat5e cable, it's not particularly clear and text can blurry but no such issues with any other input so it's obviously an issue with the balun or something.

If ye have any suggestions of how it might be improved that would be great.

A few pictures of the TV mounted below.
    Thanks for the post coff66!

The only think I can think of is trying to upgrade the HDMI cables between the extender and the TV to see if this works however I don't think this will make a massive amount of difference if the image quality is degraded by the extender itself.

Is there any way you can plug the Sky Q box directly into an HDMI port on the TV just to see if you can pinpoint the issue to the extender?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

The only think I can think of is trying to upgrade the HDMI cables between the extender and the TV to see if this works however I don't think this will make a massive amount of difference if the image quality is degraded by the extender itself.

Is there any way you can plug the Sky Q box directly into an HDMI port on the TV just to see if you can pinpoint the issue to the extender?

Kind regards

David

Hey David,

I think I have figured out the issue, was watching the rugby today on BCC one today which is HD and the picture was crystal clear, the issue appears to be on sky sports channels and other channels that are not HD as standard. Same with RTE where they are HD as standard.

I always thought that sky sports was HD as standard and to upgrade needed to subscribe to Ultra HD, so need to see what information I can find around this and I will revert back with any other questions I have.

Thanks,

Coff66

Kind regards

David

Hey David,

I think I have figured out the issue, was watching the rugby today on BCC one today which is HD and the picture was crystal clear, the issue appears to be on sky sports channels and other channels that are not HD as standard. Same with RTE where they are HD as standard.

I always thought that sky sports was HD as standard and to upgrade needed to subscribe to Ultra HD, so need to see what information I  can find around this and I will revert back with any other questions I have.

Thanks,

Coff66
    Hey Coff66.

Keep us posted if you have any further issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.