Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Matchday Thread.

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

After wildcarding I'm on 51 points and 3.4M OR. Even had Salah as captain. Not a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kelleher must be in some dismay wondering how Adrian is number 2 GK ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    Kelleher must be in some dismay wondering how Adrian is number 2 GK ahead of him

How many goals where actually his fault though?

First goal - yes
    3 goals where deflected
    at least one if not two pool played a very high line and villa got in behind.

Having said all that he probably doesn't inspire the confidence needed on the back 4.

I think it was Carragher that was asked about Kelleher or maybe it was Souness, but they think he's just too inexperienced to throw into the next game.

Was talking recently about pool defence to someone and if you look at their back 4 - they have no one really pushing for their spots in any shape or form - maybe Matip when he's fit - but that's it. There is probably less than 5% chance that Klopp would drop any of them for the next game - simple because there is no one else to bring in. That can't be good for the team - imagine VVD gets injured for 6 months?

Then if you look at their midfield - they have about 10 lads that would be Vying for 3 spots (when you exclude Salah/Mane), so those 10 lads in theory should be bringing out the best in each other. No real balance in the team.

The Derby next GW should tell a lot more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think it was Carragher that was asked about Kelleher or maybe it was Souness, but they think he's just too inexperienced to throw into the next game.

I've seen Kelleher play 5 or 6 times, he is very comfortable playing out from the back so the 1st goal wouldn't have happened. His problem is coming for crosses, he's not yet physical enough or commanding enough to play in the premier league.

Advertisement