Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Gas that Mane outscored a combined TAA, Robertson and VVD by 4 points while sitting in his gaf playing FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

59. My Pool & Villa assets to the rescue for a 2nd week in a row. It's a crazy start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

My double pool defence strategy has worked wonders so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If ever there was a season to abandon defences and pack the team with pricy mids instead this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who in that game do you think is going to upset your ranking?

Was looking more at my league. All captained Salah but I seem to be the only one with no Spurs. And one of the biggest threats had Grealish too. So didnt appreciate those games there with double Liverpool defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If ever there was a season to abandon defences and pack the team with pricy mids instead this is it.

Yea it is but very hard to do, and i mean that purely based on form - you wouldn't have KdB or Sterling, but going without a city asset is hard.

Son, Salah, Grealish, Hamaz, are the players on form - after that though it's hard to argue who is a "must have". So basically 4 players have produced solid returns.

Trossard looks like he could have a big score last few games - but is he a nearly man?

Jorginho is getting big points - but will he always play? and does he offer anything other than penalties?

Bowen 23 points in two game - but terrible fixtures - and it's west ham

Bruno has 18 points in 1.5 games - but be madness to touch united assets

Strikers:

Kane and DCL on fire and then it's the likes of Ings, Jimenez, Wilson, Bamford, Maupay, Watkins

But into another 2 GW's could be a different story - the game is so unpredictable at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So who are the must haves ....,

Ings??? DeBruyne!??

Who else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ings??? DeBruyne!??

Who else

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chesty08 wrote: »

Ings??? DeBruyne!??

Who else

DCL Jamrod Salah TAA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

74 all out .

9 points left on the bench with my second sub Bissouma who would have come on for Doherty but ended up putting Mitchell ahead of him.

But it's still my highest GW so far so happy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

24 (-4), never a good sign when one player matches the score of your whole team

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

95 points. Kane, Wilson, JamRod, Saiss and Salah (C) doing the majority of the work. Strange season but happy with my start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

92 points. Good week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

52. Another red arrow down to 227k.

Wildcard time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Down to 3.6m. Still feel it too hasty to wildcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Just read on twitter there, in the 04-05 season under Mourinho, Chelsea conceded just 15 goals and kept 25 clean sheets. Remarkable compared to this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

51 points and another marginal green arrow of 28k to 1.9 million.

As I expected Salah punished me for not going with him as captain (cheers Mo!).

I've activated the wildcard to try get my season going because at the moment I'm just treading water.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ings??? DeBruyne!??

Who else
    DCL Jamrod Salah TAA

TAA a must have with Liverpool giving up goals for fun, really? Ok he has other avenues for scoring but clean sheets are a defender's bread and butter.

Ings a must have with the competition for places up top? Not sure about that.

Hamez has started well but I think we need to see more of him to deem him a must have.

TAA a must have with Liverpool giving up goals for fun, really? Ok he has other avenues for scoring but clean sheets are a defender's bread and butter.

Ings a must have with the competition for places up top? Not sure about that.

Hamez has started well but I think we need to see more of him to deem him a must have.

It's a running joke because every week somebody says somebody is a must have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Honestly I think wildcarding off basis of those 4 weeks is a waste of time. By next week it could all be totally different. Son has been in and out like a yoyo along vardy and ings. I'm going to tread water a little longer before doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lundstram wrote: »
    Just read on twitter there, in the 04-05 season under Mourinho, Chelsea conceded just 15 goals and kept 25 clean sheets. Remarkable compared to this season.

It’s absolutely bananas. Having no crowd at games must feel like these matches are like pre season friendlies to the players.

Just this weekends fixtures saw wolves beating a dire Fulham by only one goal.

Liverpool being absolutely hammered by VILLA!

United the same with Spurs.

In form Leicester being taken apart by West Ham.

City only managing a draw to a newly promoted team.

It’s all a bit mad... reading there 33 people had Watkins as (TC). It’s gonna take some mad call like that do get anywhere this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Absolutely insane. Transferred out Son as part of a -4, getting Mané in. Made that a -8 when i found out Mané had covid, getting Salah in. Ended up on 76(-8), largely thanks to Grealish's monster haul. 4 of my players scored 63. The other 7 including captain scored 13 between them. LOL. This game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

47 with 30 on the bench is below average but I'm so low in the rankings I get a marginal green arrow. Now inside the top 3mill. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ings??? DeBruyne!??

Who else

Have a look at Villas fixtures, I’d say Grealish and either Konsa or Martinez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I finished on 53. Would have snapped your hand off for that on sat night when I had 16 from 5 of my 6 forwards with only defenders to go and Salah.

Suffered a small drop in leagues but still in touch on 230 points and just over 1 mill OR

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

71 but more importantly my team isn't a complete write off anymore. Davies, Egan and maybe Greenwood the only ones who need shifting quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It's a running joke because every week somebody says somebody is a must have.

I think Exhibit A below might be used against the TAA is essential opinion. It looks like Adrian is legging off back to the dressing room!

528356.gif

I don't understand how a score of 60 gave me a red arrow and I'm 300K

Quite happy with my start so far:

Unbeaten in all H2H.
    No hits
    Team looks in decent shape

Averaging 63 points per week so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

SameOleJay wrote: »
    71 but more importantly my team isn't a complete write off anymore. Davies, Egan and maybe Greenwood the only ones who need shifting quick.

I have Egan still also, home to Fulham next gW so will be holding for that although the 3 after that are toughies.

Advertisement