Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

How are the bps looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Sold Son , Davies and Werner. Brought in James , Barnes and Jimenez (C).Stinker of a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Team to face Aston Villa: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Henderson, Jones, Minamino, Origi, Williams.

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to face Liverpool: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Barkley, Grealish, Trezeguet, Watkins.

Subs: Steer, Hourihane, Traore, Nakamba, El Ghazi, El Mohamady, Davis.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking at 22 points. Only Martinez, TAA and Salah (c) left to try and get me something respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Happy4all wrote: »
    i don't think they have one decent defender

I actually think they do - but Maguire isn't one of them - and having paid 80m and given him the armband it' hard to drop him. Dare I say Smalling had good season last year in Italy - and yet they are happy to let him go.

At the end there - it's like Shaw know he's going to lose his spot if United get their man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

30 from 9 with the godsend of Bissouma to come off the bench for doherty. TAA and Salah to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Looking at 22 points. Only Martinez, TAA and Salah (c) left to try and get me something respectable.

You could easily end up on 40 + points. Not the worst scenario to be in

Watkins goal (Grealish)

Adrian doing a pickford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Watkins goal (Grealish)

Adrian doing a pickford

That's just an Adrian there.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Liverpool’s defence hasn’t been good this season imo. I’m happy to go without any of their defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yeah, I’m not hitting 30 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

4 fcuKing mins, Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I knew my last remaining cleanie was fcuked when I saw Adrian in goal
    But 4 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

4 fcuKing mins, Adrian

I abandoned all clean sheet hope seeing him. A reminder that in the event Allison is injured for a long period no use having them.

Adrian ruined me last season when I started off with double Liverpool at the back. He's worse than Pickford.

Trey13 wrote: »
    Liverpool’s defence hasn’t been good this season imo. I’m happy to go without any of their defenders.

TAA or Robertson for their attacking returns. A CS is a bonus

siblers wrote: »
    TAA or Robertson for their attacking returns. A CS is a bonus

Robertson been very lively going forward. At .5 cheaper, think he’s a better option than Trent in that case

Robertson been very lively going forward. At .5 cheaper, think he’s a better option than Trent in that case

Yeah, currently have TAA but may swap him for Robertson to free up funds

I love comments like this - the sub keep makes a big mistake - and all of a sudden "Liverpool defence hasn't been good"

Only last GW someone made that comment, and Robbo/TAA got 17 points between them.

Your logic is also kinda funny - happy to keep 12m PEA whose done nothing to justify it except for his history

But TAA/Robbo who are 5m cheaper and who also have history of returning big points which are in line with PEA - you don't think are worth their money?

That looks a Liverpool pen to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martínez nearly does an Adrian

Watkins second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Impressive goal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Watkins goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I don’t think anyone could have anticipated Everton and Villa being the only teams with 100% records after GW 4. A strange year.

Grealish with two assists. I didn't give him proper consideration tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Who was getting a hard time for having 2 Villa players in their 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martínez save point

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I love comments like this - the sub keep makes a big mistake - and all of a sudden "Liverpool defence hasn't been good"

Only last GW someone made that comment, and Robbo/TAA got 17 points between them.

Your logic is also kinda funny - happy to keep 12m PEA whose done nothing to justify it except for his history

But TAA/Robbo who are 5m cheaper and who also have history of returning big points which are in line with PEA - you don't think are worth their money?

Liverpool concedes 3 goals at home to Leeds (granted Leeds look good). They looked suspect at times against Chelsea and look awful tonight. Do you not agree with that?

I’m happy to keep PEA as he’s a midfielder as opposed to a striker and will put up 20 goals. Do I think TAA and Robertson will keep up with their last two seasons? Probably not, very difficult achievements to emulate. Personally I want my defenders to keep clean sheets and it’s tough to find teams that keep clean sheets so I’m not prepared to spend 13.5 mil on two defenders that don’t look as solid as they have two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Who was getting a hard time for having 2 Villa players in their 11?
    CSF. I wasn't giving him a hard time, he was the one complaining he had two Villa players against Liverpool.

The question is which two has he got?

Advertisement