Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lamelas contact was worse than Martials, ridiculous decision

Can't understand why ref didn't go to monitor to view that

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How many GW's are you going to give him?

Probably another 3-4. As I said, he’s proven quality before and I’m very happy with my team. Not going to force anything just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

Joke of a season. Every player i pick i curse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shanee. wrote: »
    Got rid of Son for Mahrez when Jose said he was out injured. I’m sick of this game already and it’s only October

Did the exact same thing.
    Just for full disclosure, that's the second time I sold Son this season. After his horror show in GW1 I dumped him and missed his haul in GW2. Bought back for the second low score in GW3 and sold ahead of another good score in GW4, losing 0.1 in value both times.
    I've just reversed that transfer and fully expect another 1 pointer in GW5. Ye have been warned.

Trey13 wrote: »
    Probably another 3-4. As I said, he’s proven quality before and I’m very happy with my team. Not going to force anything just yet.

Half the premier league players have proven their quality but when your priced as one of the most expensive players in the team - you need to start returning regularly - Son is 3m cheaper for instance, Son + 3m invested elsewhere will outscore PEA for season imo

• Advertisement

Son goal (Auerier)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Son scores again!

Aurier assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lamelas contact was worse than Martials, ridiculous decision

Both had to go really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Son on my bench has outscored my whole team. I'm sick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

13 points (pre bonus) lost on my Son to Barnes transfer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fair balls to anyone who kept Son. I was close to doing it, but the more Mourinho talked about it, the less likely it felt like he was gonna play.

I defo overthought it and figured that if Son was actually gonna play Mourinho would be keeping its quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I've taken Kane in for Werner. I'll be bringing son back in for zaha after this. Hard to forgive mourinho, but can't dwell on it, who would keep and play an "injured" player.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Forgot to transfer Son to J rodriguez on Saturday morning. Very lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

I ❤ Son

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Son being injured and transferring him out makes me want to quit this sh1t game.

What I'd give for TAA to miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

All you Son owners are welcome and I promise to uphold my end of the bargain and never get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sold Son, so sad :(

Surely others here benched him too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

siblers wrote: »
    What I'd give for TAA to miss out

He might miss out ...if the rumours of covid are to be believed, about 6/7 Liverpool players ...all speculation at this point as far as I know.

• Advertisement

to be honest i don't know why you would bench him even if he's a doubt - even getting 10 min run out be worth having him play.

If he doesn't play then your sub comes in.

Your not the only - seeing someone else has him 3rd sub

He might miss out ...if the rumours of covid are to be believed, about 6/7 Liverpool players ...all speculation at this point as far as I know.

He was in training on Friday though - along with half the team, so be very suspicious to miss out but other play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why would ya bench him? 0 points or 20.

Patience is one of the hardest parts of this game. I failed badly when I sold Son after GW1. Keeping him this week has been a GW saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Quitting fantasy to enjoy Uniteds season is going really well so far for me
    HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Quitting fantasy to enjoy Uniteds season is going really well so far for me
    HEWT

Given the scores some of us a getting this week, you won’t have much ground to make up if you sign up tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

titan18 wrote: »
    The Son being injured and transferring him out makes me want to quit this sh1t game.

And I will. Just leave the team on auto for a few weeks and see how I feel in November some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's early days but I wonder is this season highlighting the importance of form over fixtures.

Son today against United looked a tricky game on paper but he's hauled. Vardy likewise against City. Zaha as well on the opening day. West Ham's Bowen and Antonio looking great too despite a rotten fixture run. Maupay would be another that's done it despite challenging fixtures.

Maybe the fixtures carry far less influence now that players have become accustomed to empty arenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Sold Martial and Doherty this week. I actually did something right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I just got son back in for a -4. **** this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is the single most batshít crazy, nonsensical, make-me-want-to-quit FPL season I've ever experienced.

And it's 4 GWs old.

Advertisement