Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 02/10/2020

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I’m going to definitely buy it but I’ll wait a while and get it in the charity shop when it’s there.not paying 30 odd quid for it.
    Take that expensive book shops lol

That's a bit like the guys who laugh at the people buying new cars and say they will only buy second hand.

No publishing trade means no books in charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

elperello wrote: »
    That's a bit like the guys who laugh at the people buying new cars and say they will only buy second hand.

No publishing trade means no books in charity shops.

You can buy that book this week at 20-30 euro or wait until its available on sale still new or else buy it for next to nothing second hand.
    Either way I’ll read it once and give it away to someone else or donate it back to a charity shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ewan McKenna, always controversial, ne pas de sitting on the fence about Luke O'Neill:

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1312141595936874497

So where do we stand on Luke O'Neill is he completely forgiven for telling us bad science earlier this year? Is it acceptable that he does a u-turn and not be castigated by RTE in the same way an Irish politician or American President would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ewan McKenna, always controversial, ne pas de sitting on the fence about Luke O'Neill:

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1312141595936874497

So where do we stand on Luke O'Neill is he completely forgiven for telling us bad science earlier this year? Is it acceptable that he does a u-turn and not be castigated by RTE in the same way an Irish politician or American President would be?

I think the nutter here is Ewan and his nutter comparisons..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

jos28 wrote: »
    Liam O Maonlaoi looking very like Willie Rushton (only old people will know who I'm talking about)

Beloved by me for two reasons.

1. Mad interjections from the clouds in Up Pompeii.

tve15106-6-356.jpg

2. This little fecker. My kids love him too.

trapdoor_main_image.jpg?fit=620%2C368

P.S., I'm not old, damn your eyes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

CH3OH wrote: »
    Make sure the corpse is dead first Ryan

He'd prefer if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annie Laurie

So I've waded through all the posts and still haven't solved what was the story with Graham's jacket... answers on a postcard, anyone? :-)

While you are quoting the COVID figures on RTE every day, why not quote the cancer figures for context. 30 people die every day from cancer. It's terrible.

The poor kids, god.

Doesn't suit the greater agenda. All the credit those heroes at Nphet are getting, at the end of the day they fall under the HSE umbrella and we all know how dysfunctional they are. Holohan himself offered to do an in house investigation for the cervical smear scandal

Luke O'Neill is a f*cking spoofer, attention loving gobsh*te.....zero credibility

I expect to see him on Dancing with the stars or one of those reality shows yet. Loves the limelight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Interestingly RTE left the u-turn part of the interview out of the uploaded content on their YouTube channel.

Here is the text of the bit they thought unnecessary to include in that video:

Luke O'Neill (laughing):"Well you remember we were on last time, we said 'wear a mask when you've got symptoms', right"

Ryan Tubridy (enthusiastically): "Yeeeeaass, *indecipherable* it's an evolving story"

Luke O'Neill: "Well my book, Science, informs us of this you see. And the science said in March and April...... it comes out by speaking, okay, not just by coughing. It comes out if you have no symptoms that's really pernicious for this virus, okay. Therefore, wear a mask, because you never know. We're going to show how important masks are now, experimentally. The science behind masks are 100% compelling. Masks really, really work. They work fantastically well. Loads of studies in March and April proved masks are a massive weapon to use"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ryan Tubridy and Luke O'Neill....2 of the biggest c*nts in Ireland right now....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Advertisement