Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Rankings by Slope Rating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

would love to know where the courses with low slope ratings are

corballis is lowest i think ive seen, think 114

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Seve OB wrote: »

Corballis is actually 112 from the Blues and 108 from the whites. I was gobsmacked to see Leopardstown at 124. :eek:

Achill should be added to the list :)

Achill Golf Club|70|67.4|95

It's actually harder for the women - rated at 106.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Corballis is actually 112 from the Blues and 108 from the whites. I was gobsmacked to see Leopardstown at 124. :eek:

Corballis is wrong full stop. Imagine their teams next year

Leopardstown is ladies so need be comapared to Corballis ladies where you need to take into account that the rating is 1.6 lower than par in Leopardstown and Corballis is 0.1 shots higher than par

So a 1.7 swing there

That gets into the issue of whether the handicap should include rating adjustment

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tescosfinest

Surprised to see Corrstown at 137, very straightforward I thought

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Surprised to see Corrstown at 137, very straightforward I thought

That’s off the blues for meadow/orchard and they add a lot of length, so would make it much more difficult for a bogey golfer compared to scratch. In a medal off blues a lot of bogey golfers can’t get on about 1/2 the par 4s in 2. 134 off the whites is probably a little high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Achill should be added to the list :)

Achill Golf Club|70|67.4|95

It's actually harder for the women - rated at 106.

It has to be the easiest in Ireland I would think. It’s a practically flat piece of land with greens. About 6/7 bunkers, that’s about it. The out of bounds are only in play on a couple of holes.

It does have one of the hardest shots into a green I have ever played though. Green slopes to the right and anything that catches the slope has about 2/3 feet of fringe to stop or it’s gone in the river. Wind is usually off the left too which makes it even harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lee Valley - Slope 143 - Par 72 - Course Rating 73.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Buncrana Golf Club | Par 66 | Course rating 63.2 | Slope 104

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭willabur

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Corballis is wrong full stop. Imagine their teams next year

Leopardstown is ladies so need be comapared to Corballis ladies where you need to take into account that the rating is 1.6 lower than par in Leopardstown and Corballis is 0.1 shots higher than par

So a 1.7 swing there

That gets into the issue of whether the handicap should include rating adjustment

There are no Corballis ladies - not due to any portmarnock style rules just 0 lady members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

Added in Kilkenny. Still shaking my head at it. Seems very high.

Kilkenny revised down to 128, which makes a bit more sense.

willabur wrote: »
    There are no Corballis ladies - not due to any portmarnock style rules just 0 lady members

Can we send you a few up rom Elmgreen??

They get proportionally 3 to 4 more times than males and then follow us around in two and three balls tutting at us and telling us to hurry up. They have some much shorter walks to tee boxes to amplify the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Can we send you a few up rom Elmgreen??

They get proportionally 3 to 4 more times than males and then follow us around in two and three balls tutting at us and telling us to hurry up. They have some much shorter walks to tee boxes to amplify the issue

Leave faster players through like you should and nobody will be tutting at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

golfguy1 wrote: »

Thru to where. The f#cking place is rammed all the time

And wait till it gets back to 8 minutes

The women don’t take any time or consideration over schist. It is speed golf and shown in their scores.

And most of them have incorrect handicaps. 36 points and you invariably win by 3/4

Letting them through causes bigger tail backs

golfguy1 wrote: »

The real answer is to take tee times off them and make them go out in 4s like the men

This would also let men play too

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

If you’re held in front then surely these tutting ladies can see this? And if the can’t see it you just explain that you can’t go any faster?

If you’re held in front then surely these tutting ladies can see this? And if the can’t see it you just explain that you can’t go any faster?

Been there, done that.

They play bad speed golf in 2s and 3s. Carr are afraid of sexism by reducing their tee times

To emphasise how bad the speed golf these women play. The last competition was won with 34 points off 34. There are a couple decent golfers. Second place was 32 points off 16

But then there are, just picking a couple of the worst out:

8th - 24 off 33
    11th - 16th - 22 off 35, 37, 34, 41, 29 and 26

Last was 18 points of 41

There is a chinese girl who is off 18 and used to win every week with 33-36 and not get cut (after she was cut from 27). They hate her and she plays with the lads now on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jaysus lads I don’t think this is the place for this

Jaysus lads I don’t think this is the place for this

Sorry I agree. I started it from the point that there seems to be a shortcoming in that many courses they have measure some of the shorter ‘men’s’ tee for women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Been there, done that.

They play bad speed golf in 2s and 3s. Carr are afraid of sexism by reducing their tee times

To emphasise how bad the speed golf these women play. The last competition was won with 34 points off 34. There are a couple decent golfers. Second place was 32 points off 16

But then there are, just picking a couple of the worst out:

8th - 24 off 33
    11th - 16th - 22 off 35, 37, 34, 41, 29 and 26

Last was 18 points of 41

There is a chinese girl who is off 18 and used to win every week with 33-36 and not get cut (after she was cut from 27). They hate her and she plays with the lads now on Saturdays.

Thats a lovely story and all, but to be honest it could be BiBi Baskin and a Tibetan monk shooting 12 points off a handicap of 70, or Bryson, Rory and Tiger going around in 20 under par, it doesnt matter - if they are faster than you, and you are more than half a hole behind the group in front, you should let them through, if you are up to the group ahead, you ignore them and play your own game and let them tut away all they want to.

Whatever their motives for being there, the etiquette stays the same, if youre not to time and they are, but youre not letting them through, you are 100% in the wrong every time.

Thats a lovely story and all, but to be honest it could be BiBi Baskin and a Tibetan monk shooting 12 points off a handicap of 70, or Bryson, Rory and Tiger going around in 20 under par, it doesnt matter - if they are faster than you, and you are more than half a hole behind the group in front, you should let them through, if you are up to the group ahead, you ignore them and play your own game and let them tut away all they want to.

Whatever their motives for being there, the etiquette stays the same, if youre not to time and they are, but youre not letting them through, you are 100% in the wrong every time.

There are no gaps. The course is rammed. They pile up behind the men as they are all playing speed golf. Can you not understand if men are playing four hour rounds and then the women behind come out playing 3 hour rounds after they will pile up behind

End of conversation surely

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

End of conversation surely

Agreed, lets go back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Top 10 18 Hole (Male) per club
    asW4ivt.jpg
    Bottom 10 18 Hole (Male) per club
    76jIIRd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

manster wrote: »
    asW4ivt.jpg
    76jIIRd.jpg

That corballis rating will never not seem ridiculous. And i dont care what anyone says, because its a shorter course does not justify it. Shorter does not necessarily mean easier. It was actually brought up on Off The Balls Golf Weekly podcast last week and they literally laughed at how ridiculous it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

asW4ivt.jpg
    76jIIRd.jpg

Interesting how 9 of the top 10 highest sloped courses are parkland courses, I think Ceann Seibheal is links?

dk1982 wrote: »
    That corballis rating will never not seem ridiculous. And i dont care what anyone says, because its a shorter course does not justify it. Shorter does not necessarily mean easier. It was actually brought up on Off The Balls Golf Weekly podcast last week and they literally laughed at how ridiculous it is.

Enniscrone is equally as silly

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

It’s the Enniscrone back course the Scurmore not the Dunes course.

On Corballis- You have to factor in the thousands of 65 year old plus golfers. My dad can hit/reach about 5-6 greens in regulation in our local parkland. This is 12 plus in Corballis and for a huge amount amount of golfers that drive it less than 200 yards and are nacky around the greens, they would score far better on Corballis than an average parkland.

asW4ivt.jpg
    76jIIRd.jpg
    Where did you get those do you mind my asking? Not sure it's all that accurate since Portmarnock Golf Club isn't in the top 10 despite it being rated at 142 off blue and even higher off some of the mixed tees.

• Advertisement

It’s the Enniscrone back course the Scurmore not the Dunes course.

My mistake.

Enniscrone is 116 off yellow. I was mistaken as I couldnt believe it when I seen it. AND the rating is 1.5 less the par.

Naturally neither my rounds there are in my top 20

Course Sex Par Rating Slope
    Blue M 73 73.5 96.5 124 37.7 / 127 35.8 / 121
    White M 73 72.8 95.4 122 37.1 / 127 35.7 / 116
    Yellow M 73 71.5 92.9 116 36.6 / 121 34.9 / 110
    Green M 73 69.2 89.4 109 35.5 / 114 33.7 / 103
    Red F 73 72.5 102.3 127 36.5 / 127 36.0 / 126

Advertisement