Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do we need a new approach to Covid 19?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mind Boggles, another day of record numbers and Where's everyone? Obviously all planned a long weekend god bless them. This is getting out of control, shocking lack of any apparent concern from anyone in government this evening.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

On paper I'm non vulnerable. 40, not overweight, exercise regularly (member of running club 30 years), reasonable diet, no known underlying conditions and I am fearful of picking this up. Rightly or wrongly listening to hse media I am anxious of this and of passing it on to others. Never worried about it seriously at all until the lockdown after St Patrick's Day. Cant put the genie back into the bottle now. It's just the media language at the moment. It's like it could be you in icu next narrative.
    7 million caught it in usa

long term effects no sex you don't want sex this is for men was one side effect for ever

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-12/covid-19-s-health-effects-can-last-long-after-virus-is-gone

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

They’ve just thrown in the towel. They know the jig is up.

Golf gate, the Ryanair court case proving their ‘wording’ was deliberately misleading, Dr.Feeley’s appearance on PT, a clear change in social media tone from ‘stay safe, everyone’ to ‘open the damn country’

Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

3xh wrote: »
    They’ve just thrown in the towel. They know the jig is up.

Golf gate, the Ryanair court case proving their ‘wording’ was deliberately misleading, Dr.Feeley’s appearance on PT, a clear change in social media tone from ‘stay safe, everyone’ to ‘open the damn country’

Good to see.

What had happened? Sorry I am running back to work from my break and can't check 😮

funnydoggy wrote: »
    What had happened? Sorry I am running back to work from my break and can't check 😮

Sorry! Was a slightly tongue in cheek response to a poster.

All systems go still for NPHET.

As you were, funnydoggy.

Sorry! Was a slightly tongue in cheek response to a poster.

All systems go still for NPHET.

As you were, funnydoggy.

Ah thanks, I get ya!

Anyway I'm rushing back :D

Ah thanks, I get ya!

Anyway I'm rushing back :D

Would be nice though.

I see the Irish Independent are running with ‘......One further death’ on their website as top news item. Even though 6 are delisted at the same time. And no one can say when that citizen (RIP) died.

Disgraceful reporting actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

varadkar is great, at saying what he would do, always an expert on other peoples departments etc. Guaranteed if that fool were at the helm and you can argue, he is, things would be no different... I reckon you can write off 2021 aswell... let get realistic here!

This is actually an extract from that article!!!

"“Any death is regrettable, and our sympathies go to the families affected, but this second wave which is happening across Europe and Ireland is very different. As we speak now, only 1 per cent of our hospital beds have Covid patients in them and maybe 10 or 15 per cent of ICU. If it got three or four times worse, it would still be only using up a relatively small amount of our health service capacity.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Mind Boggles, another day of record numbers and Where's everyone? Obviously all planned a long weekend god bless them. This is getting out of control, shocking lack of any apparent concern from anyone in government this evening.

What record numbers were there today?

• Advertisement

Would be nice though.

I see the Irish Independent are running with ‘......One further death’ on their website as top news item. Even though 6 are delisted at the same time. And no one can say when that citizen (RIP) died.

Disgraceful reporting actually.

Disgraceful is a great word. I can think of another but I'll stay polite ;)

Advertisement