Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Really fancy Jimenez this week (and the following few weeks) and want to work him in for mitrovic. The only way I can do it is to get rid of Davies for either Mitchell or dunne (for -4). Looks like neither of these might be playing by GW5 though and I'd need them to tag in for that. Other alternative is to drop TAA but don't want to do that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Another DCL hatty!!

I’ve exactly enough for Mitrovic to DCL for a -4.

This genuinely feels like a Vardez year where I kept refusing to get one in thinking they’d slow down.

I might just get it done & wait til he breaks

He pissed me off so much last season when I had him but now I may aswel just jump on the bandwagon I think... But I've Ricky and a double up is a bit dangerous? Liverpool in GW5 like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The smallest things can have the biggest of impacts.

Sound like my misses giving me an ego boost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shmeee wrote: »
    He pissed me off so much last season when I had him but now I may aswel just jump on the bandwagon I think... But I've Ricky and a double up is a bit dangerous? Liverpool in GW5 like.

Disagree. Similar to Vardez.

3 main sources of goal involvements and they are scoring 2 plus a game

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Richarlison get injured tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Disagree. Similar to Vardez.

3 main sources of goal involvements and they are scoring 2 plus a game

Ya. Correct.

I'll wait on more news of Ricky injury before I do the moves. DCL gonna move tonight up again to 7.5 also is another problem with funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm not getting in DCL for a hit ahead of a tough game with Brighton and then a Merseyside derby. It may be me being stubborn but it's a hill I'll die on

Allan and Richarlison got injured tonight too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Made my transfers earlier in the week.

Son out, Mahrez in
    Werner out, Vardy in

0.8 in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm with Ricky being potential injured and missing this GW, i might need to transfer out Son - Mahrez being tempting - but worried that lad Torres will get more game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What to do with Son? Any advice welcome!

A. Barnes in?
    B. Foden in?
    C. -4, Soucek in, and Jimi in, for Davis (move to a 3-4-3 then).
    D. -4, Sterling in, and DCL in, for Kane

None of them sound appealing. Option D sounds fun but could end up a disaster. Kane with good fixtures too.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    hmm with Ricky being potential injured and missing this GW, i might need to transfer out Son - Mahrez being tempting - but worried that lad Torres will get more game time.

I don’t feel like I’ve been giving great advice, so far this season, but I don’t think Mahrez will start at the weekend.

He’s had 270 minutes in a row and that’s as much as I can remember him having at City. I don’t think he was great against Leicester and I think he’ll be benched.

If I get any hint that Podence misses out again I’ll be upgrading him to Foden.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheroman01 wrote: »

A. Barnes in?
    B. Foden in?

None of them sound appealing. Option D sounds fun but could end up a disaster. Kane with good fixtures too.

E - Bank.
    Very likely to only miss 1 game.

sheroman01 wrote: »

A. Barnes in?
    B. Foden in?

A or B.

I’d go for A buy only if you leave him in for 4-5 games minimum. He’ll score lots of points this season but he’ll be unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

On Son, there is also an element of how valuable will he be when Bale is in the team,

Hoping no one else get's injured tonight from my team.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm not getting in DCL for a hit ahead of a tough game with Brighton and then a Merseyside derby. It may be me being stubborn but it's a hill I'll die on

Allan and Richarlison got injured tonight too

It’s a home game & Brighton have been shipping 3+ goals in all games bar 1.

It’s a tight call but I think you need to look at it from the ... when is the right time perspective.

Suck up the 4 point loss & move on.... that’s if you really want him in til Xmas

I never take my personal opinion on football into FPL but I refuse to get DCL as an Everton in hope I don't curse him.

So fill your boots. He'll cost me FPL places every week

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I never take my personal opinion on football into FPL but I refuse to get DCL as an Everton in hope I don't curse him.

Isn’t the very fact you’re not getting DCL into your FPL team meaning you’re letting personal opinion on football affect you regarding your fantasy team.

Sometimes you’ve just got to bite the bullet and get in the players that are performing well and representing great value for money regardless of real life football.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm refusing to get DCL in my team cause I'm stupidly stubborn.:pac:

You are an Everton fan, right?

The brother is Everton and he has filled up on them with three players as it’s the first time in a long time he’s exciting about them.. wants to make the most it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm refusing to get DCL in my team cause I'm stupidly stubborn.:pac:

I am exactly the same and I'm too stubborn to change now :) I know as soon as I get him he will stop scoring. You're welcome lads! I'm stupidly sticking with Werner for one last hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I have also changed my mind on Werner. I'm keeping him for one more rather than the 4 point hit. Doing son to zaha and then will see how the land lies after that as will have 2.2 mill in bank for international break. Mahrez too liable not to play for me.

Come on Timo, he was abysmal last week so hopefully that means fat Frank will play him more central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I am exactly the same and I'm too stubborn to change now :) I know as soon as I get him he will stop scoring. You're welcome lads! I'm stupidly sticking with Werner for one last hurrah!

I thought he was so bad last week I couldn't keep him but something in my head is saying if I give him one last chance to prove me wrong he might just do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I thought he was so bad last week I couldn't keep him but something in my head is saying if I give him one last chance to prove me wrong he might just do that.

I know people are saying hold Son, it's only 1gw. But we don't know that for certain, and also I'll probably Wildcard in the next few weeks. So I'm swapping Son for someone.

That's the other reason I'm keeping Werner.
    It would be a -4 to get rid so if he even gets a 6 pointer, I'd be relying on his replacement to get at least a 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I had to ship Werner. Even if he turns it around now. DCL is just better value at the moment.

I made the mistake a few years back of sticking with Balotellli when he was a Liverpool from the start of the season. I can't remember how long I stuck with him but it was definitely too long by at least a month. He couldn't score for love nor money but I stubbornly stuck with him. Lesson was learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

vardy for first two weeks took him out against city for Kane.

do i change back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Robertson and Periera or Trent and Klich ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Robertson and Periera or Trent and Klich ?

I feel Robertson and Pereira would be more fun.

But personally I'd go TAA & Klich.

Isn’t the very fact you’re not getting DCL into your FPL team meaning you’re letting personal opinion on football affect you regarding your fantasy team.

Sometimes you’ve just got to bite the bullet and get in the players that are performing well and representing great value for money regardless of real life football.
    That's why i said 'but'. It's the only time I've let it effect me. I have James as cover for DCL but I don't want to curse DCL and all of a sudden he stops scoring. I also feel fcked over from last year with DCL from FPL perspective so it's a bit of both.
    You are an Everton fan, right?

The brother is Everton and he has filled up on them with three players as it’s the first time in a long time he’s exciting about them.. wants to make the most it :)

I am indeed for all my sins! It's nice to be able to enjoy Everton and not just get fcked off at Digne for getting a yellow card in FPL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I'm torn between keeping werner for 1 more week or changing him to DCL or Ings. It would be handy to carry a transfer into the break .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

but1er wrote: »
    vardy for first two weeks took him out against city for Kane.

do i change back?

I think so, imo United will be a bit tigther this weekend. Leicester have great fixtures as well coming up

Advertisement