Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1.4m ITB already used transferred and have McCarthy, Mitrovic & Egan that is like gone

Anyone worth a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Liverpool next

Sounds like save city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Need son and Werner out nothing will change my mind on it. Happy with rest of team to keep plodding away. Not wildcarding. Vardy said he'd be ok but it's risky. Wolves were so poor I'm afraid of jiminez. Was looking at maupay and I could bring in a premium price midfielder then, I'd even chance sterling as I don't even know who city play next but you imagine they will react.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Need son and Werner out nothing will change my mind on it. Happy with rest of team to keep plodding away. Not wildcarding. Vardy said he'd be ok but it's risky. Wolves were so poor I'm afraid of jiminez. Was looking at maupay and I could bring in a premium price midfielder then, I'd even chance sterling as I don't even know who city play next but you imagine they will react.

I’m 0.1m off Son and Kane to Sterling and Jimi. Jimi is at -3 for a fall. It’s a long long way off but if he does drop then I might leave it to fate to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I’m 0.1m off Son and Kane to Sterling and Jimi. Jimi is at -3 for a fall. It’s a long long way off but if he does drop then I might leave it to fate to do it!

Things still very unpredictable. Unless way below average there's no point in wildcarding in my eyes. Another few GW of hitting the average and above and go from there. Jiminez, maupay or Wilson. Zaha, Rodriguez, havertz or even picking up mane or sterling with a cheap forward. Will wait till during the week and see what comes clearer. If vardy is not injured I'll take him. Despite his lack of touches he's very sharp and they winning a lot of pens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Have a look at Mount for Son maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chesty08 wrote: »
    1.4m ITB already used transferred and have McCarthy, Mitrovic & Egan that is like gone

Anyone worth a hit

Mitro to DCL if you don't already own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

need to free up some cash, transferred fernandes to greenwood so i can have more options with my forwards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i've done martial to jimi but i have zouma who wasn't even in the squad for chelski,
    he has to come back in after that s**Tshow right ?
    I also have .5 in the bank and could upgrade my bench player philips to mcginn or someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

i've done martial to jimi but i have zouma who wasn't even in the squad for chelski,
    he has to come back in after that s**Tshow right ?
    I also have .5 in the bank and could upgrade my bench player philips to mcginn or someone else.

Given how volatile everything is I would avoid the minus 4 unless

- You need the cash and want to avoid a price fall
    - Are stuck with 10 players
    - See massive upside in a pick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Given how volatile everything is I would avoid the minus 4 unless

- You need the cash and want to avoid a price fall
    - Are stuck with 10 players
    - See massive upside in a pick

Yes you're right thanks and i've had a good start so no need to lose my mind just yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes you're right thanks and i've had a good start so no need to lose my mind just yet !

As someone who is wallowing in 4.3m and has lost their mind and their wildcard its the sensible thing to do :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Son to Barnes done last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Classic form vs fixtures dilemma for me.

Werner out, either for Jimi or DCL.

After Wolves got trounced and seeing DCL's Xg stats along with his form I was leaning towards DCL. But Fulham were trounced yet again. That's 10 goals conceded in 3 matches. A lot to be said for targetting the weak teams (Antonio vs Norwich comes to mind from last year). Brighton look really good, seen them twice now and am impressed so I don't think Everton will have it easy there at all.

Then it's Leeds next for Wolves, while Everton have to play Liverpool.

Don't think Wolves suddenly became a bad team overnight, nor Jimenez a bad player. So almost certainly will do Werner out for Jimi.

Final alternative is to play Werner against Palace (not a bad fixture), and bank the transfer going into the International break. Could be handy to have 2 in the bank, but really hard to keep faith with Werner after a blank vs WBA

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morzadec wrote: »

After Wolves got trounced and seeing DCL's Xg stats along with his form I was leaning towards DCL. But Fulham were trounced yet again. That's 10 goals conceded in 3 matches. A lot to be said for targetting the weak teams (Antonio vs Norwich comes to mind from last year). Brighton look really good, seen them twice now and am impressed so I don't think Everton will have it easy there at all.

Don't think Wolves suddenly became a bad team overnight, nor Jimenez a bad player. So almost certainly will do Werner out for Jimi.

Final alternative is to play Werner against Palace (not a bad transfer), and bank the transfer going into the International break. Good be handy to have 2 in the bank, but really hard to keep faith with Werner after a blank vs WBA

For what it's worth, I'm giving Werner one last chance against Crystal Palace before I wildcard during the break.

I'm hoping he leaves my team with a flourish rather than a whimper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »

Final alternative is to play Werner against Palace (not a bad transfer), and bank the transfer going into the International break. Good be handy to have 2 in the bank, but really hard to keep faith with Werner after a blank vs WBA
    The West Ham game seemed a "classic Wolves" that they tend to pull 5/6 times a season. Go beat City/Arsenal/Chelsea one week then trip up to a lower table team the next week. He'll brush it off and be back next week. I wouldn't let that put you off him.

Jimenez, Ings and DCL are all bang in form, nothing between then at the moment for FPL in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Have a look at Mount for Son maybe.

Transferred Mount in for Firmino. More likely to score but not as many assists is my thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Transferred Mount in for Firmino. More likely to score but not as many assists is my thinking.

Midfielder in for a Striker, that's a new one... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Midfielder in for a Striker, that's a new one... :pac:

Maybe part of a double transfer. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Maybe part of a double transfer. ;)

Wildcard played, Kane Richarlison and Ings up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Gonna play my wildcard after the international break, Antonio out for DCL for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

For what it's worth, I'm giving Werner one last chance against Crystal Palace before I wildcard during the break.

I'm hoping he leaves my team with a flourish rather than a whimper.

Thinking the same now tbh.

After keeping him this long he's become something of a differential at this stage.

Hoping to bank after my wildcard and then go nuts after that with 2 transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Considering Son replacement, have the funds for either KDB or Sterling.

Thinking Sterling, as he looks a massive differential at the moment, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Considering Son replacement, have the funds for either KDB or Sterling.

Thinking Sterling, as he looks a massive differential at the moment, thoughts?
    He's a differential alright, but KDB is on penalties so how much is that worth?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's a differential alright, but KDB is on penalties so how much is that worth?

Good point and with the current situation on pens, maybe it’s the better play...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You also don’t really need a differential at this stage of the season. Almost better to play it safe.

Regarding the Son transfer - if he’s out for 3 weeks he might only miss one GW, so it’s something to be wary about if you have other issues in your team.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You also don’t really need a differential at this stage of the season. Almost better to play it safe.

Regarding the Son transfer - if he’s out for 3 weeks he might only miss one GW, so it’s something to be wary about if you have other issues in your team.

Yeah no major issues to put out, original plan was to get KDB in last week but needed to get Everton cover so went for Ricky. Have managed to avoid taking hits so far, Used FT early to ditch Werner for Jimmi and have 3.5 itb....just have a sneaky feeling city will do a job on Leeds and want some cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does KDB cover a -4 V Aubameyang this week?

Does KDB cover a -4 V Aubameyang this week?

Yes....but I wouldn’t like to be making that transfer 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Who would be the top 3 strikers to get in right now, if money isn't an issue? (Ignore Kane and Ings, as I have them).

Advertisement