Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef price tracker 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭Grueller

Jjameson wrote: »
    Ballon meats not killing this week?

Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kk.man

Grueller wrote: »
    Any idea why?

Heard but can't confirm.. COVID

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

kk.man wrote: »
    Heard but can't confirm.. COVID

Heard same.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

3.60 Base for steers is the best i can get - half load going friday - midlands
    Weight restriction - 440kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭MfMan

EU parliament has rejected Mercosur deal 'in it's current form'. Take any good news where you get it.

• Advertisement

dryan wrote: »
    3.60 Base for steers is the best i can get - half load going friday - midlands
    Weight restriction - 440kg

Are they all continentals?
    I think they muddy the waters with breed bonuses now by quoting 10cent more up to 33 months

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

Haven't killed lambs for the last 3 or 4 weeks anyway, don't know what the issue is though wether it's covid or not but assume it is

Are they all continentals?
    I think they muddy the waters with breed bonuses now by quoting 10cent more up to 33 months

Yes, a mixture of CH and LM with a good square Simmental thrown into the mix.
    Are you referring to the 10 cent bonus for AA(X) and HE(X) breeds?
    I never knew it was paid up to 33 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,212 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

dryan wrote: »
    Yes, a mixture of CH and LM with a good square Simmental thrown into the mix.
    Are you referring to the 10 cent bonus for AA(X) and HE(X) breeds?
    I never knew it was paid up to 33 months.
    It isn't normally but if processor's run right on supply they will pay it on these stock up until 33 or 36 months rather than compete for U30 month stock which will be in tight supply for next 2-3 months

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Dry pedigree cows Angus and Hereford 650-750kg, body condition score around 3.5. Mart or factory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

Any update on Ballon for next week?

Had tried to book cattle in to go this week so hopefully they will go next week...

nhg wrote: »
    Any update on Ballon for next week?

Had tried to book cattle in to go this week so hopefully they will go next week...

I was to bring a few cows for a neighbour this week too. Ts told me to ring on Monday after I got word last week to hold off so I’ll know more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

I was to bring a few cows for a neighbour this week too. Ts told me to ring on Monday after I got word last week to hold off so I’ll know more then.

Booked in for next Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

Any idea on prices at the moment?
    I’ve 6 or 7 x 18 month old Angus heifers to go...

locky76 wrote: »
    Any idea on prices at the moment?
    I’ve 6 or 7 x 18 month old Angus heifers to go...

3.65/ kg +20cQA and AA bonus +/- grading. During November there is an extra 10c/ kg on the bonus if you have pre booked.unfortunately cattle that young will not pull down the scales so the 10c/ kg bonus is only worth 15-20 euro. Unless they are super cattle. Some butchers pay a premium for these type of cattle. You might get 4/kg off them

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Anyone get over €3.60 for steers? See the farming info has the base at 3.65..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Jb1989

locha wrote: »

Heard nothing here. I'm
    Not moveing beef till before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Think that was for as and wh. Everything else is 3.60.

Rang agent last night, 3.60 base for steers on offer and he told me to sit tight as supplies are getting scarce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

An agent offered 3.65 base for a load of steers next week. Anyone getting more? Another week might add 5c

An agent offered 3.65 base for a load of steers next week. Anyone getting more? Another week might add 5c

A lot will depend on what way Brexit deal looks. If it start going down to the wire except processor's go start killing a load of cattle to get them into the UK in case of issues in January.

As well with no Christmas parties there will not be as much demand for white meat pre Christmas do there may be not be the normal slowdown in 1-2 weeks time.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

3.65 for heifers in Ballinasloe next week, 3.70 in Kilbeggan if you fight hard enough with the right agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭cute geoge

It seems there is not as much fat stock knocking around as factories taught ,cows have regained the 20 cent they were back for the coming week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A lot will depend on what way Brexit deal looks. If it start going down to the wire except processor's go start killing a load of cattle to get them into the UK in case of issues in January.

As well with no Christmas parties there will not be as much demand for white meat pre Christmas do there may be not be the normal slowdown in 1-2 weeks time.
    Looking at online mart sales across the country in the last couple of weeks - cull FR/FRx dairy cows outta of the parlour are making €1-1.20/kg and more if they have a skin of flesh. From memory (stand corrected) there were +60,000 more dairy females added the national herd in the past two years.
    IMO there is an appetite for cull cows from Northern buyers for the British market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Base price wrote: »
    Looking at online mart sales across the country in the last couple of weeks - cull FR/FRx dairy cows outta of the parlour are making €1-1.20/kg and more if they have a skin of flesh. From memory (stand corrected) there were +60,000 more dairy females added the national herd in the past two years.
    IMO there is an appetite for cull cows from Northern buyers for the British market.

There's none of them going north definitely down here anyway.
    I wouldn't take much notice of the marts.
    A lot of cows that are any way straight are been bought by dairy dealers to bull.
    There's a few insane lunatics buying them to winter for grass next year alright.
    Virtually none are been bought to fatten out of a hse in 3 months time.
    There's alot of positive chat about a price rise and cow wise there has been a lift on last week so it's easy to see why anything with a touch on her rib is making plenty.

Seems to be a serious appetite for Angus cattle, anything with a skin of flesh over 520 Kgs is a flier. Was trying to pick up a few stores for a friend in local marts in last few weeks and the rise on these types in the last few weeks would be anything from 40 to 100 squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kk.man

Seems to be a serious appetite for Angus cattle, anything with a skin of flesh over 520 Kgs is a flier. Was trying to pick up a few stores for a friend in local marts in last few weeks and the rise on these types in the last few weeks would be anything from 40 to 100 squid.

That's a serious rise... I feel for your friend I honestly don't know how ppl make a margin out of buying store AA cattle. I done loads of calculations over the last few years and it just doesn't add up. They just don't come into heavy weights dead for the premium attached to them on purchase.

kk.man wrote: »
    That's a serious rise... I feel for your friend I honestly don't know how ppl make a margin out of buying store AA cattle. I done loads of calculations over the last few years and it just doesn't add up. They just don't come into heavy weights dead for the premium attached to them on purchase.
    I agree, I would generally pass on them unless cheap to tempt! It was just an observation on what’s going through the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    There's none of them going north definitely down here anyway.
    I wouldn't take much notice of the marts.
    A lot of cows that are any way straight are been bought by dairy dealers to bull.
    There's a few insane lunatics buying them to winter for grass next year alright.
    Virtually none are been bought to fatten out of a hse in 3 months time.
    There's alot of positive chat about a price rise and cow wise there has been a lift on last week so it's easy to see why anything with a touch on her rib is making plenty.

Was talking to a dealer/agent last week who has a couple of sheds full of cows to fatten out of it in a few months time.

Advertisement