Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposals from Deer Alliance for future seasons

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There is some debate, but still no resolution to the copyright issue.
    Kramer wrote: »
    You probably don't realise he has edited his "blog", by adding in that now, in point 3, after the pushback :D. That wasn't there before..............
    However there is a draft of the original text on the deer stalking page on facebook if anyone wants to view it for the moment. This was the text i read and the reason for my opening post and the lack of any mention of permission(s).
    good job people screenshotted it wasn't it :D.
    Indeed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,954 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Grizzly, I can see the validity of your first two points but if we are going to draft something that we all agree on I personally don't agree with your 3rd point.

To be crystal clear here, I don't want a debate or argument.

Thats fine,I put it in there to see if anyone was intrested or not.nothin is set in stone yet.

This is a rough draft idea for the open letter to the minister on this

AN OPEN LETTER TO MINISTER M Noonan [titles etc]

Dear Minister.
    As you are now undoubtably aware of the present deer hunting liscenses of 2020 and the Wildlife Liscenseing Unit [WLU] has been under some scrutinity and debate in this year due to the delays of the COVID crisis.

This dept under your remit has been having some problems for years now every year dealing with issueing liscenses in a prompt and timely manner by Sept 1st using methodology more suited to the 1970s than the 2020s in sheer numbers of applications,and the COVID pandemic has brought this to a head.

It has come to our attention that a certain group,or umbrella organisation purpourting to repersent deer hunters in Ireland,and who also happens to run a certification course for deer stalkers, whose secetary a certain Mr... Has been suggesting changes to both legislation and how this might be financed.

While we are broadly in agreement with some of these points,it must be made clear on certain points;
    1] Mr...organisation or umbrella group DOES NOT repersent the majority of deer hunters in the Republic. Of the +/- 5,500 hunters who are liscensed in the Republic, his organisation has appx 1,850 members whom over the last decade have been taught in his organisations courses.Mostly for the purpose of being able to shoot in Coilte lets,Which is their own [Coilte]requirement for insurance purposes.
    Therefore this man and his organisation has no claim,mandate ,or petition to speak for us the undersigned.Nor is it in his organisations remit to try and "mission creep "out from their original mandate of supplying training to anyone wishing to take such,to making this a cumpulsory issue for all deer hunters in Ireland.
    therefore we kindly ask you to take on board that Mr...and his organisation do not speak for us in these proposals .

2 We,the undersigned request that before you make any changes to this legislation in the future,that it is made an open to public submission debate and that all views are given due and serious consideration.Esp from those who have hunted many years here and have managed,even under draconinan firearms legislation to humanely and efficently harvest wild deer for Irish tables for decades.

Sincerely... The unaffiliated majority of Irish deer hunters

Everyone welcome to add,delete,suggest,constructively critizise on this.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fair play Grizzly you've put a lot of thought and effort into that.

Personally speaking I'd be inclined to keep the message shorter.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement