Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great British Bake Off 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Really enjoyed it aswell! Tom is hilarious!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I enjoyed it , Alexandra deserved it but Rob wasn’t far behind .
    Cant bear watching Tom so I blank him out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone watch last night? It was good craic.

Agreed. I’m not normally gone on the celeb GBBO but I did enjoy last nights episode. All 4 of the bakers actually made really good attempts at their bakes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I must watch this online, the celeb ones can be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I thought it was brillant. Tom is hilarious.

It was great to watch something and have a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Such a coincidence the lads were in school together-or was that a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone watch last night? It was good craic.
    Great fun, love Tom Allen he is so quick witted.
    Probably up there with Harry Hill as the most fun contestant for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Addle wrote: »
    Such a coincidence the lads were in school together-or was that a joke?

I wondered the same so I looked it up - there's only a year or two between them in age, and they and the guy who played Bradley Branning in Eastenders, who is a year or two younger than Rob, all attended the same school at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I really enjoyed that and will definitely watch the rest. Good laugh in the middle of lockdown. Rob was surprisingly good, close call between himself and Alexandra.
    How did they cope with the Covid restrictions, although living in the UK they've probably all had their vaccinations. It'll be next year's GBBO before we get ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

jos28 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that and will definitely watch the rest. Good laugh in the middle of lockdown. Rob was surprisingly good, close call between himself and Alexandra.
    How did they cope with the Covid restrictions, although living in the UK they've probably all had their vaccinations. It'll be next year's GBBO before we get ours.

Daily testing I'd say, and limiting movements. I read somewhere that it was filmed late last year, in which case the vaccines probably hadn't been rolled out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Loved last weeks show.

This week's lot are just annoying me - particularly Anne Marie (who IS she? I've googled her and still have no idea!).

And James McAvoy had better get his act together sharpish or..... well, I don't know, but I'm just a bit disappointed in him :(

Awh I really enjoyed it!!

Anne Marie is a singer...2002 is one of her popular songs. She was quite giddy or something. It did start to bug me a bit towards the end.

Loved the other 3! David was gas...he honestly just gave up before he started really!
    The others were very good.

Thankfully I had jam and buttercream swiss roll this week. Get so hungry watching it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Loved last weeks show.

This week's lot are just annoying me - particularly Anne Marie (who IS she? I've googled her and still have no idea!).

And James McAvoy had better get his act together sharpish or..... well, I don't know, but I'm just a bit disappointed in him :(

I think he was one of his characters in "Split"....i was frightened by some of his looks at camera...he' seems a very edgy person....and a bit OCD maybe..

I think he was one of his characters in "Split"....i was frightened by some of his looks at camera...he' seems a very edgy person....and a bit OCD maybe..

Oh no, I must disagree...he's a very handsome man :D

jellybear wrote: »
    Oh no, I must disagree...he's a very handsome man :D

I agree...buy scary handsome........:P

Jesus.. i used to think Katherine Ryan was a lovely looking girl but..:eek:....what has she done to herself....

That guy was funny too...dont know of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Jesus.. i used to think Katherine Ryan was a lovely looking girl but..:eek:....what has she done to herself....

Even though I knew it was her I kept thinking it was someone else, she looked so different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

I assume you mean JJ or KSI.

Modern day celebrity, i.e. a Youtuber.

I thought it was a hilarious episode. The cherry bakewell had me in stitches.

And she is not even remotely funny either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

When Matt started calling Paul 'thingy' was one of the funniest things I've seen on any epsiode of GBBO. Up there with James Acaster's breakdown when he was on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Jj was brilliant. I cracked up at the pie flip and the moment of realisation. Im not familiar with his YouTube but he was on Louis Theroux's podcast and seemed a decent sort.

I'm suprised at next week's batch of celebs because I was convinced Nadine Coyle had done it already. Maybe I'm just thinking of the "flour" video.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

siblers wrote: »
    When Matt started calling Paul 'thingy' was one of the funniest things I've seen on any epsiode of GBBO. Up there with James Acaster's breakdown when he was on it.

Paul didn't look happy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul didn't look happy

He never does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anneka Rice is messy! From the start she has been slipping stuff everywhere!

Nadine's accent is mad

siblers wrote: »
    Nadine's accent is mad

You mean grating......

Best episode so far imo..Anneka was gas....Dont like JB but he was quite funny...Ade is a funny guy... ..
    Think Matt had the best time with those four tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭druss

I notice that the only episode which hasn't been commented on so far is the one two weeks back, won by Reece Shearsmith. That's kind of understandable as they were all pretty competent! Especially Reece and Philippa Perry.

Think the celebrity version needs to have a few car crashes to make it fun. And in this case the candidates who might have been funnier were focused on getting that apron.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I see tonight's episode is a repeat - I wonder did Covid do for them in the end?

And of all the repeats they could show, they have to pick the one with Russell Brand in it :mad: He'd be about on the same level as Nadine Coyle on my dislikeability scale.....

As much as I want to see Jon Lithgow again, I'm off to read a book.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    As much as I want to see Jon Lithgow again, I'm off to read a book.....

Didn't realise it was a repeat until I switched it on. BBC for me. All that glitters is new!

• Advertisement

I am out too . Cant be assed suffering Russel Brand tonight

Advertisement