Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great British Bake Off 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Looks like he joined a boyband since he got booted off the show
    Maybe he is better at singing than baking...it wouldn't be hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

siblers wrote: »
    That turkey illusion cake was insane. Very impressive

She really smashed it!

I'd love to know when it was actually filmed, did they really get them all out in puffa jackets and scarves at the height of summer?? Never mind the illusion cakes, that's what would mess with my head the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    She really smashed it!

I'd love to know when it was actually filmed, did they really get them all out in puffa jackets and scarves at the height of summer?? Never mind the illusion cakes, that's what would mess with my head the most!

I know they said May in the song but Noel had the baby in october so around then I'd say.
    Delighted for rosie, i loved her in her original series too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

How did they get away with the "not as strict" quarantining and so on for the Christmas and NY specials? The UK was just as much in a covid jocker I October as it was over the summer. Or maybe there were protocols which would explain poor old Jamie. There was a big imbalance (that being said there often is with the celebrities too)

Junior Bake Off starting on January 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Watching the 2019 Junior Bake Off final - looks to be a higher standard than lots of the stuff we saw in the adult series this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Just watched the New Year Bake Off. It was just so much fun, I was delighted with the four. I thought Henry might have just pipped Rahul, but I'm not too disappointed with the result really. Rahul seems to be such a sweety! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just watched the New Year Bake Off. It was just so much fun, I was delighted with the four. I thought Henry might have just pipped Rahul, but I'm not too disappointed with the result really. Rahul seems to be such a sweety! :)

Haven't watched that yet but Rahul got on my nerves when he was on the show.

I remember he did have a confidence issue, but he got really good feed back however he'd still whimper on and on.

When someone ends up in the final and are still at that lark it gets annoying.

I remember he did have a confidence issue, but he got really good feed back however he'd still whimper on and on.

I was the same at the time, but from memory of the NY show (there may have been a glass or two of vino clouding my memory) he seems to have grown in confidence a bit - he still was Rahul, but seemed to be gently taking the piss out of himself at the same time.

I was the same at the time, but from memory of the NY show (there may have been a glass or two of vino clouding my memory) he seems to have grown in confidence a bit - he still was Rahul, but seemed to be gently taking the piss out of himself at the same time.

I have it recorded so I'll get back to you :D

Don't forget pottery throw down starts tomorrow...saw a clip last night ,not sure about the presenters, but we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

He's still as talkative as ever but he did come across more confident this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It sounded as if He stayed friends with Noel as they mentioned he brought him a cake when the baby was born

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

And looks like he’s being enjoying his bakes, as a baker should.

Just watched this year's ny one, Nancy is so funny.

Yeah Rahul wasn't as annoying, but the judges were constantly slagging him so that probably eased it.

Also watched last year's one, I think it was last year anyway, Candice was still as annoying with her pouting.

I loved Kate Henry though, she seems like such a lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanishpoint

We tried at home a month ago a recipe for an apple tart and it was delish

This series of junior bake off is excellent fun.
    Standard is good as well, the kid this week called Zach would put a lot of the adult bakers to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gmisk wrote: »
    This series of junior bake off is excellent fun.
    Standard is good as well, the kid this week called Zach would put a lot of the adult bakers to shame.

I love it but have to record and fast forward through Harry Hill . My god he is awful ☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I love it but have to record and fast forward through Harry Hill . My god he is awful ☹️

Don't like his tv stuff in general, but I think he is very good with the junior bakers.

Happy4all wrote: »
    Don't like his tv stuff in general, but I think he is very good with the junior bakers.

Half the time they haven’t a clue what he is on about !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I love him tbh
    But he is an acquired taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is that blonde boy Robbie really 15?he looks 12

Cracking final! And brilliant series, so many characters.
    Zack went too early imo, could have won it.
    Reese was a worthy winner but Robbie was a ray of sunshine it was close. Cece extremely talented as well, Naima making the final....she was 9 when it started! Amazing.

gmisk wrote: »
    Cracking final! And brilliant series, so many characters.
    Zack went too early imo, could have won it.
    Reese was a worthy winner but Robbie was a ray of sunshine it was close. Cece extremely talented as well, Naima making the final....she was 9 when it started! Amazing.

I loved it too , was a real shame that Saffiyah missed out because she messed up in the semi final . I thought Reece was amazing and well deserved .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Hah, Tom Allen can put his money (dough :D) where his mouth is now!

Hah, Tom Allen can put his money (dough :D) where his mouth is now!
    I am reading his book at the minute no shame it's very funny.
    He will probably be useless but a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Celebrity bake off starts Tuesday March 9th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Anyone watch last night? It was good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭boccy23

We thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought Tom was very funny.

Baking was not great obviously, but the show was a good watch.

Advertisement