Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Been with eir nearly a year, and the broadband has been terrible. Had me wishing for the good old dial up days at times. Finally lost the plot last weekend and signed up to three mobile broadband even though we will be paying for both this month. Rang eir on Monday to cancel and they said they couldn't cancel it, we had to speak to the cancellation team who would ring us back either Monday or Tuesday. Naturally they didn't, so rang again yesterday, to be told our notice period won't start until we speak to the cancellation team. Is this allowed? We already have new Internet in place, why can't we just give our notice?

Oh and we can't even submit the cancellation form online because we can't get into there stupid app to find our account number

Submit a data protection request for any information they hold regarding you or your account, which should include any call recordings, which I'd think should be sufficient evidence that you notified them of your intent to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

MOH wrote: »
    Submit a data protection request for any information they hold regarding you or your account, which should include any call recordings, which I'd think should be sufficient evidence that you notified them of your intent to cancel.

I requested voice phone call recordings as proof for com reg etc of course eir couldn’t/ wouldn’t give me any

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Question: my contract ends in a month. Do I need to give notice? I will be moving to a new provider.

My reason for moving is the complete collapse of my wifi. Wired I get 100mbps and wifi sometimes as low as 2.5mbps. I've had to run a 10metre cable from my computer to my router.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Question: my contract ends in a month. Do I need to give notice? I will be moving to a new provider.

My reason for moving is the complete collapse of my wifi. Wired I get 100mbps and wifi sometimes as low as 2.5mbps. I've had to run a 10metre cable from my computer to my router.

Get in touch with them and state you are done at end.... Many roll over and you will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭HBC08

You don't have to contact them at all,your new provider should handle the change over.

• Advertisement

For the sake of sending an email, I'll cover myself. I've heard a lot of horror stories.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Well when it was eircon, they took over €600 off my card, were authorized to take €200, bank was no help and neither was Eircon, the complete bill for the year should have been no more the 360 as was broadband, the wife was left with this one bill and payments weren't always going out, they are shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

3d4life wrote: »
    I have been told that these shops are not owned or run by Eir.

Anyone know if this is true ?

Eir do have their own shops.At least one in every county.The rest are franchises

Switching to Vodafone, who will apparently do all the contacting of Eir for me.
    I still feel I'd like to send an email, but of course there is no obvious email address.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

I still feel I'd like to send an email, but of course there is no obvious email address.

I moved to sky and the guy told me that they do all but no harm to ring up in a few days to be sure. I rang after they connection was switched over just to be sure and i was told yes that account is cancelled but the letter i got telling me to send the equipment back was had the cancellation date the same day as i rang them and not the date services ceased so i'd defiantly be ringing them.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

please dont think vodafone gigabit is better. i have had a nightmare with them these last 3 plus weeks.

There's not a vast amount of choice.

I have told them in Twitter DMs! After they said there was no email for cancellation.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bmc58

I left eir in June and send back everything they are still sending me a bill every month since then saying I owe them over €240 now and when I try to ring there is no answer and when I put in my old account number it says I don’t have one and yet they are sending me bills, straight in the bin they go

Horrible company EIR.But I'd keep all details and not throw anything away just in case you need evidence against them in the future.If they go further with their claim for payment against you.

thomas 123 wrote: »
      Hey mate,

Just off the phone with eir. The agent said it looks like the last agent didn't submit the cancellation properly... Worth calling again as he agreed the 30 day notice date was the date I called initially.

Just another example of EIR's diabolical customer service.Once they they get your money they couldn't care less about you.

JTMan wrote: »
      Eir have used the excuse "we need to hire more staff" to solve their CS issue for at least 2 years now. Nothing ever changes.

Vodafone, Virgin and others are getting as bad as Eir with CS. They are all doing it because CS is seen largely as an expense center and Comreg let them get away with it.

Comreg should mandate metrics for adequate CS and if need met then huge fines are issued.

You're not far off the mark JTMan.Rang Virgin Media last week to see if they would give me a new deal(as my contract was up),which they did and in fairness I got a deal that I was satisfied with.BUT when I rang their 1908 no it said waiting time 20 mns due to large volume of calls.Fine I thought,but 1 hour and ten mns later I got through.VM were never like this for waiting times.

bmc58 wrote: »
      Just another example of EIR's diabolical customer service.Once they they get your money they couldn't care less about you.

That’s a plamas, had it from several of the whures,basically lying and passing the buck

That’s a plamas, had it from several of the whures,basically lying and passing the buck

It's the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Title is wrong. It implies there is a service. Can it be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Title is wrong. It implies there is a service. Can it be fixed.

No, they have to be the worst CS on the planet, and don't care

21/25

uch wrote: »
      No, they have to be the worst CS on the planet, and don't care

No have to about it: they’re abysmal

• Advertisement

eir Account Number: ******* Overdue Balance : € 216.23

Important: Your eir services will be terminated

Dear TAJD

Your service has been suspended due to the overdue balance which is shown above.

To prevent any further action being taken against your account, please pay this balance immediately. Failure to pay will mean that we will terminate your eir account.

Please note that if we do have to terminate your account your details will be passed to a licensed Debt Collection Agency for further action. If your account is terminated this could result in a breach of contract, if this happens you will be liable for a contract termination fee and other additional administrative charges. Your eir credit rating will also be affected as well your ability to avail of further services and products from eir.

I left Eir in June and sent back the equipment and paid my last bill and any other fees in full and they won’t stop emailing and now threatening me with debit collectors I tried emailing them and ringing them and I can’t get through to anyone what can I do. If they send someone to my house I’m going to sue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I left Eir in June and sent back the equipment and paid my last bill and any other fees in full and they won’t stop emailing and now threatening me with debit collectors I tried emailing them and ringing them and I can’t get through to anyone what can I do. If they send someone to my house I’m going to sue them.

The story of Eir continuing to charge their customers after they leave comes up over and over again. Their billing system is shocking.

If Eir are not answering the phone as usual, try their escalation contacts and if not go to Comreg and say Eir cannot be contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can also contact eir's data protection officer to have your records corrected and also inform them they have no right to pass your details to any third party as you have already complied with the terms of the contract.

Just make sure you have documentary evidence of bill paid and equipment return.

Email: dpo@eir.ie

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/privacycentre/faqs/

Ten Pin wrote: »
      You can also contact eir's data protection officer to have your records corrected and also inform them they have no right to pass your details to any third party as you have already complied with the terms of the contract.

Just make sure you have documentary evidence of bill paid and equipment return.

Email: dpo@eir.ie

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/privacycentre/faqs/

I emailed them there.

I paid my last bill via debit card and as for equipment I have no docket or anything and the man who collected it said he couldn’t over Covid and left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I emailed them there.

I paid my last bill via debit card and as for equipment I have no docket or anything and the man who collected it said he couldn’t over Covid and left

Can you remember date and time, van/car type, courier or Eir employee or any other detail that would backup your story to Eir. Knowing Eir they'll use any excuse to get out of admitting they're wrong.

It's the truth.

No I meant it was a plamas from eir

Ten Pin wrote: »
      Can you remember date and time, van/car type, courier or Eir employee or any other detail that would backup your story to Eir. Knowing Eir they'll use any excuse to get out of admitting they're wrong.

Courier was DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Courier was DPD

DPD is pretty good, but I think you should suspect Eir didn't register the return.

This is what happened to me. Eir sent me a return label with bar code to use with parcel motel. To use that service you are supposed to register the parcel before dropping it off, but that generates a new barcode and label, which I printed off and used.

After paying my last bill, they sent an email saying x would be deducted on date Y. Having heard the horror stories, I said to myself, no it won't, and logged into my online banking amd cancelled their debit mandate.

Then of course they claimed I owed them, blah, blah, threat, threat. I then got on to Parcel Motel and luckily had photographed the labels and package and asked had they delivered it. They initially said they had no record of having done so, but would look into it. Some godess of efficiency actually did look into it and got back to me saying the agent where I dropped it off had run off a third barcode and used that!!!!

I used Eir's webchat - no point ringing - and explained the problem and after about 2 sessions where the guy in India assured me he would fix it - Eir did stop sending me threats.

eir Account Number: ******* Overdue Balance : € 216.23

Important: Your eir services will be terminated

Dear TAJD

Your service has been suspended due to the overdue balance which is shown above.

To prevent any further action being taken against your account, please pay this balance immediately. Failure to pay will mean that we will terminate your eir account.

Please note that if we do have to terminate your account your details will be passed to a licensed Debt Collection Agency for further action. If your account is terminated this could result in a breach of contract, if this happens you will be liable for a contract termination fee and other additional administrative charges. Your eir credit rating will also be affected as well your ability to avail of further services and products from eir.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about.Eir will do feck all to you.Only trying to intimidate people for more money for a despiciable service.Eir could sort all these problems customers and ex customers have if they would only reply to them.

• Advertisement

I'd say you have nothing to worry about.Eir will do feck all to you.Only trying to intimidate people for more money for a despiciable service.Eir could sort all these problems customers and ex customers have if they would only reply to them.

So am I warring my time using web chat to speak to someone as I couldn’t be arsed to be honest of doing that either

Advertisement