Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

KildareP wrote: »
    They own a (small) handful of their shops and the rest are all franchised out to a company called Synchro.

They own 41 Synchro 39

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

JTMan wrote: »
    1. Block Eir direct debits at your bank
    2. Contact Comreg
    3. Email CEO

Only the first one will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

1. Block Eir direct debits at your bank
    2. Contact Comreg
    3. Email CEO
    Only the first one will work.

Yep CEO is less then useless.
    You could get her on twatter where she will say "email me and I'll get my team to sort it out". They never do.

@carolan_lennon or carolan.lennon@eir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Took me 3 months of twitter responses to get a commitment from them to send me a refund cheque for the credit balance on a closed account. Pathetic!

The main problem was that I didn't know my account number. Why you ask? Because they never emailed me the account number or sent it in the post. I had access to it in myeir on line and also to my bills, but that access stopped when my account closed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

If moving provider broadband and phone do I need to contact Eir or will new provider take care of that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

celt262 wrote: »
    If moving provider broadband and phone do I need to contact Eir or will new provider take care of that?

You need to give Eir 30 days notice, your new provider takes care of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 WonderingJu

Hi there,

I sent an unlock code request 5 weeks ago. Have heard nothing back in the meantime. Have emailed to follow up and also DM'd on twitter. The only response I received ignored the fact I had a request pending and instructed me to fill out a request form.

Eir Customer Service, please can you update for me on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Hi there,

I sent an unlock code request 5 weeks ago. Have heard nothing back in the meantime. Have emailed to follow up and also DM'd on twitter. The only response I received ignored the fact I had a request pending and instructed me to fill out a request form.

Eir Customer Service, please can you update for me on this?

Eir don't read or comment on this forum - it's just a discussion thread. You will need to keep trying any and all options to contact Eir, but, as you can gather, you may be waiting a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

whiterebel wrote: »
    You need to give Eir 30 days notice, your new provider takes care of everything else.

Just took 30 mins i wonder will that be the end of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

lol not racist but irish did it to yourselves and me by
    conitnue allowing FG and FF rule.
    corrupt cartel and monopolies supporters whom
    commit sedition (old treason)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

jelem wrote: »
    lol not racist but irish did it to yourselves and me by
    conitnue allowing FG and FF rule.
    corrupt cartel and monopolies supporters whom
    commit sedition (old treason)
    What a load of rubbish. It is pure cost cutting.

I assisted my friend to move from Eir to Virgin. Cannot send the old equipment back as we don't know how. After multiple emails and calls have it logged as complaint with Comreg. The stuff is supposed to be returned within a certain timeframe or they charge you.

Let them try, the complaint is now logged. Funny enough, you can get through to Eir sales without a problem......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

What a load of rubbish. It is pure cost cutting.

I assisted my friend to move from Eir to Virgin. Cannot send the old equipment back as we don't know how. After multiple emails and calls have it logged as complaint with Comreg. The stuff is supposed to be returned within a certain timeframe or they charge you.

Let them try, the complaint is now logged. Funny enough, you can get through to Eir sales without a problem......

My advice return it to an eir shop,get a receipt, they told me a courier was collecting my eir modem,several times,after ages of calls etc I was informed that only in Dublin do they collect their property via courier the **** couldn’t tel me that a few weeks earlier

My advice return it to an eir shop,get a receipt, they told me a courier was collecting my eir modem,several times,after ages of calls etc I was informed that only in Dublin do they collect their property via courier the **** couldn’t tel me that a few weeks earlier

Thanks for the advice but I would laugh if they tried to charge for it. Im up for the fight. It is logged with Comreg and I would go after them.

Thanks for the advice but I would laugh if they tried to charge for it. Im up for the fight. It is logged with Comreg and I would go after them.

They put me through an awful few months with their lies , smugness and uncaring attitude, how any sane person signs up with them currently I don’t know

They put me through an awful few months with their lies , smugness and uncaring attitude, how any sane person signs up with them currently I don’t know
    I prepared a complaint showing when, how and what time we rang, facebook, twitter and email.

Let them just try it. Bring it on

I prepared a complaint showing when, how and what time we rang, facebook, twitter and email.

Let them just try it. Bring it on

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Eir's customer service has got so bad, Eir customers are complaining to TD's. Article points towards Comreg ignoring complaints because the customer has not contacted Eir first but Eir are not responding to the customer. Disgraceful situation.

TD's need to start shaking things up at Comreg.

One can still contact Comreg and just make it clear that cannot reach Eir and ask Comreg what they expect them to do about it. That and blocking direct debits at the bank to force Eir to ring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It's beyond ridiculous that Comreg won't get involved until Eir has finalised their complaint process. If you can't contact them through any channel, how can the process ever be started, never mind completed?

Huge reason for Eir not to bother to engage and Comreg to cop out, leaving the consumer high and dry. What's to stop the rest of the providers from doing the same?

RoYoBo wrote: »
    It's beyond ridiculous that Comreg won't get involved until Eir has finalised their complaint process. If you can't contact them through any channel, how can the process ever be started, never mind completed?

Huge reason for Eir not to bother to engage and Comreg to cop out, leaving the consumer high and dry. What's to stop the rest of the providers from doing the same?
    Only in dopey Ireland would this be allowed to happen year after year

RoYoBo wrote: »

Indeed.

One can try the Eir escalation contact details here: https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

And thereafter if Eir still won't reply, contact Comreg and say you've done all you can to try to contact Eir.

• Advertisement

Eir's customer service has got so bad, Eir customers are complaining to TD's. Article points towards Comreg ignoring complaints because the customer has not contacted Eir first but Eir are not responding to the customer. Disgraceful situation.

TD's need to start shaking things up at Comreg.

One can still contact Comreg and just make it clear that cannot reach Eir and ask Comreg what they expect them to do about it. That and blocking direct debits at the bank to force Eir to ring you.
    comreg "IS" the companies and fail to help citizens
    not independant and you waste breath.
    evidence in my possesion

Only in dopey Ireland would this be allowed to happen year after year
    need get rid of or garda charge FG and FF for sedition,
    purposefully acting against the citizens\legislation\law

Look at the reaction this tweet got about Eir customer service. There is a serious issue present.

https://twitter.com/MlMcNamaraTD/status/1313194850188169216

Many negative comments about Vodafone customer service in the thread too.

of course get through to sales easy and despite their advertising many years ago
    you cannot get eirfibre as eir refuse to connect it but will sell over a monoplies
    network when you are connected to them.
    cartel and monopoly supported by government with No competition
    which breaks eu and irish legislation.
    comreg and cccp along with advertising authority and ombudsman
    have been corruptly to con the citizens into thinking you have avenue to gain your rights.
    those mentioned have no power or authority by design of corrupt\thieves\liars
    FG and FF - even MEP luke ming flanagan raised issues in EU parliament in 2018.
    you are being ripped off and lied to for a poor shoddy servive which is a cartel and monopoly
    based system supported by the elected whim forget you and constantly treat irish citizens
    along with eu legislation as if not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Things must be really bad in eir. The following line is copied from an email I just received from them:

"alternatively, please contact 1800200481 to speak to one of our desiccated complaint handlers"

:D:D

Eir sent me a bill for €220 even thought I left them in June

Straight in for bin **** off

Eir sent me a bill for €220 even thought I left them in June

Straight in for bin **** off

Tpyical Eir.

Bin away but you might want to block the Eir DD too.

Tpyical Eir.

Bin away but you might want to block the Eir DD too.

I did I even tried ringing to explain I left in June and when I give my old account number and they said it doesn’t exist at all, what a joke of a company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Been with eir nearly a year, and the broadband has been terrible. Had me wishing for the good old dial up days at times. Finally lost the plot last weekend and signed up to three mobile broadband even though we will be paying for both this month. Rang eir on Monday to cancel and they said they couldn't cancel it, we had to speak to the cancellation team who would ring us back either Monday or Tuesday. Naturally they didn't, so rang again yesterday, to be told our notice period won't start until we speak to the cancellation team. Is this allowed? We already have new Internet in place, why can't we just give our notice?

Oh and we can't even submit the cancellation form online because we can't get into there stupid app to find our account number

• Advertisement

It is outrageous that companies can make you wait for hours on calls trying to get hold of their cancellation teams.

Consumers should be given the right to cancel online if they subscribe online. And the cancellation form must actually work which it does not seem to always work for Eir as you and others reported.

Your options are contact the Eir escalations team and then Comreg if required or try to reach the cancellations team again but best of luck with that.

If all else fails block the DD but you have make a effort to resolve it with Eir first.

Advertisement