Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭BK5

Thanks very much, my biggest concern is that I've now brought it into the house. Don't want anyone else to get it, I'm not 100% but ten times better than yesterday so I'll go around with disinfectant today wiping everything down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had it myself in mid January, a miserable few days alright. 😖 Hope you feel better soon, @BK5 and keep your fluids up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Best thing I did was over do it on the fluids. It seem to flush things out quicker.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another big win in the 6 nations. Why do we always peak in a World Cup year but then crash out of the World Cup wayyy too early.

Don't know why we haven't a least one semi final appearance in at least the last 4 or 5 world cups, we've had strong teams during the last 20 years. Sometimes we plane the prep or the camp and other times we got mauled by teams we were well able to beat.

When we beat Australia in 2011 I thought we were on our way that year.

• Advertisement

That should read "sometimes we BLAME the prep or the camp" 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Luck of the draw, drawing the all blacks at the QF stage seems to happen regularly, the real killers were 2011 losing to Wales when we'd already beaten them earlier in the year and 2015 losing to Argentina with half a team because of injuries to key players suffered in the final group game v france.

Even this year we've a solid chance of getting the all blacks in the quarter finals again and could easily go out at that stage again.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Not a bother, thanks for asking. Big improvement yesterday from Friday and grand this morning. The wife and myself missed out on a night away in a hotel because of it though. Might even get out for a bit of dinner this afternoon if she fancies it.

Should use the last two days of eating hardly anything as a kick start for losing a few pounds. 😄

Stunning day out there today. An Absolutely gorgeous spring day.

Walk done for the day. 👍🏻

• Advertisement

Anyone staying up to watch the SuperBowl tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

I've never actually seen a game of American Football but I'm really curious about it lately. If it wasn't on so late I'd have a look! I discovered there's an Irish league which is starting up again soon so I'm thinking of going to see the local team and see what it's all about. The only thing is though I'm afraid I won't know when to cheer :-P must read the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Isnt that the entertainment and advertising show that gets interrupted every now and again by a thing called American football 👀😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yep, Go Birds! Going to try and stay up for first half, hit the hay and then watch the second half when get up.

@BK5 hope you feeling better.

Hope all had a nice weekend. All packed and ready to hit the road in the morning .

Some game that. Right result too, Mahomes is a class act.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The only bit of the superbowl I care about is the halftime show so I'm happy enough to catch up on that the next day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I saw a Superb Owl at the petting zoo at Mountcharles Pier (Salthill Cabin) yesterday, that'll do me instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning gang, short week for me this week with the school midterm. Have taken the two days off to be with the kiddos. Going to soft play on Thursday & W5 on Friday.

I made it as far as 14-14 and then tapped out. Caught the highlights on the bus journey into work this morning, really was a fantastic game.

Short week for me too, have the Friday booked off!

• Advertisement

Happy Valentines Day! Love and health to everyone on the Christmas forum ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many happy returns @BK5 . Hope everyone has a great day 😍.

Going for a short week next week myself, Rudolf Day eve i'm taking off as we've a busy weekend that weekend. TBH despite the bank holiday weekend I feel like I need even a single day off as life is hectic at the moment.

Happy Love Day, elves! This day last year I was in the depths of Covid, just home after my blue-light ambulance spin to the hospital. Was very happy to back making my usual Valentines breakfast for the kids this morning

Obviously not the result I wanted however was a great game and a great advertisement for the NFL.

Happy Valentines Day for those that are into it.

‘Home’ for the next few days

Hands up I was delighted with the result as the Eagles are the team I dislike most in the NFL, but I must admit that knowing a couple of Eagles fans I genuinely felt for you losing in the way you did, you could see it coming a mile away and a silly flag on defence handed it to the chiefs. Felt for Hurts, not many QB's run in 3 TD's and end up on the losing side. Thought at HT with Mahomes looking crocked it was going to be your day but man is he good. He's up there with the best of all time IMO.

Still think the NFL is at a crossroads with officiating being the poorest its ever been, its hard to know whats a catch is anymore for example with some seriously awful decisions happening on a regular basis now. Fans are turning away (despite the huge figures & sums of money involved) and I read a few articles recently questioning serious corruption in the pro game so something needs to happen soon.

Enjoy the break btw. Fingers crossed you get reasonable weather too!!

Agree, officiating is ruining the game. They have got themselves in a total mess with the whole what is a catch and what isn’t situation. Also, even for a stop/start game the amount of time taken on reviews is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Last day of the week for me, woop woop! And the sun is shining & we've our first two crocus flowers (crocuses? croci? I'm not sure on the plural of crocus) - but they weren't there yesterday so lovely surprise to come out to this morning. Lots of things to be cheerful about in the CL household this morning!

Advertisement