Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I checked the hse website and don't think I'm eligible until April.

I could really have done with the booster coming into the winter, then maybe I wouldn't have been struck down in December! 😬

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same. I actually enquired about getting it in November and they told me I was too young. So I rang them daily and asked them to repeat the part about me being too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Love it @Loughc 😂. We got ours (3rd booster) yesterday, a little bit early but oh still has long covid and I'm still registered as immunosuppressed because of a procedure I had on my knee last year in London. Our youngest also got her 2nd booster. Hardly anyone in the vaccination centre, I'd say a lot of people can no longer be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've been very fatigued since I got the last covid booster a year ago, so I don't think I'm getting the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I dont know , i am eligible for booster but feel i just dont want to get it, never got covid, i know always a first time, but think i will leave it.

Lovely day here today, washed my wife's car and my one ,did'nt find it cold at all, no rain and blue skys.

• Advertisement

My oldest daughter said she won't have any more either - she had swollen lymph nodes for ages after the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Got my booster before Christmas,had to wait until I was clear from having had covid back in the summer, my Mrs is due hers now but is in a similar place to many in not being pushed getting it. I've had it twice now myself and each time was very mild symptoms so wouldn't knock its effectiveness.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Having seen what Covid did to my husband I'll definitely take any booster I can get. He's not been at work since we both got Covid at Christmas '21. For a man who was never out of work it's soul destroying to see what long covid can do to a fit and healthy person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

My eldest had bad adverse reaction to her second dose so we won't be partaking this time around until her side effects are bottomed out.

Have my antlers and red nose in the boot of the car, spotted them doing the shopping at the weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy first February bank holiday everyone!!

It feels like in the last couple of days spring has sprung. So bright in the early mornings now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Chilly here again however nice and bright by 7.30am. Saw someone cutting their grass yesterday, spring is definitely here.

Cycling to beach later with kids to meet sister and BIL who are going in for a swim. Heading to folks after to discuss family trip away next week.

Have a great bank holiday Monday guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

hello folks waves

i'm due by booster tomorrow although haven't received a text message, i'm definitely getting it though cause i have diabetes.

Into the 3-teens in 3 days time. It won’t be long before we are in the 200’s in the countdown.

February is moving alot quicker than January did.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Heard it was frosty this morning, its great getting out of bed when its all gone, thank god for Bank holidays.

The first ever February Bank Holiday, wow. 😁

Hope everyone's been enjoying the day!

It took a fit and healthy 40 year old work colleague of mine almost a year to fully recover from Covid, and my 22 year old colleague ended up in hospital and had long term breathing issues as a result- it's a crazy thing how it affects people in such varied ways. 🙁 That sounds tough, @Cork Lass, I hope your husband is back to full health soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Well I got the shot, 2nd booster, yesterday at lunchtime. Hit me harder than any of the others did. My arm started hurting last night and I usually sleep on that side so didn't get a great sleep (neither did OH with me saying ow when I'd accidentally roll over). But I feel like I was hit by a freight train today and my stomach is in rag order. Might think twice about the next one.

Beautiful evening out there. Clearish sky. Big moon. Great evening for a walk nice way to end the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭BK5

Hope people on here and their families that haven't been well feel better soon, very best wishes.

Went to my home town yesterday and met up with the clan for food and a few drinks in the local hotel. 17 of us spread over 4 generations met up and it was wonderful. Times like that always remind me of Christmas because it really is what life is all about.

Oh dear! 😖 Hope you are feeling better asap.

My arm is usually pretty sore after any Covid or Flu jab, it's so annoying, I wish it could just be a pill!

I try to get vaccines on a Friday or weekend so they won't effect work, think I'll do the same for the next one because they can leave you a bit woozy alright.

I was very lucky, for all of my covid jabs i had the sore upper arm for a day or so but nothing else really, maybe a little tired but nothing else that springs to mind. Never had any reaction at all to flu jabs, so I've been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning all, wasn't that a lovely long weekend! All hail St. Brigid! We had a lovely weekend - kids parties on Saturday, went to the zoo on Sunday (was jammers) and then had a lovely relaxed day yesterday. The kids had playdates, then we went for a lovely long walk along the river. It was super chilled. I've a short week again next week with the midterm. Going to book W5 and take the kids up. Had hoped to book a night away, but have left it too late of course!

Funnily enough we were just saying last night that the weekend seemed really long for a standard bank holiday weekend and it actually felt like a nice break. The timing is superb too so its a great addition to the calendar.

Has been some great big moons recently. We have three skylights in the kitchen and sometimes it seems like the lights are on because it is so bright from the moon.

That sound great @BK5 love big family get togethers.

Hope you feel better soon @tscul32 my arm was the same on every one I have got so far. Went away pretty quickly though so hopefully yours will too.

Sounds like a lovely weekend @CheerLouth great to be able to get out and enjoy the nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I wasn't going to bother with the latest booster, but I was eligible just after Christmas, when there was the usual Winter Covid peak, so I booked in the day it opened for my age group. I had a bit of a sore arm with both boosters, but thankfully no other symptoms. I've managed to avoid getting Covid so far, and I'm hoping it stays like that. I think it will eventually become a yearly one, just like the flu jab, changing slightly each year, depending on the variant.

@TRS30 I've noticed the moons the last few nights too, very big and extra bright.

Had a lovely extra long Bank Holiday weekend. I took Fri off work, last minute, and headed into Dublin city centre for my first browse around in three years. Didn't buy much, but had a nice coffee and lunch in town and the weather was lovely, so it was great to be out and about. Then out for dinner in Siam Thai on Sunday night. The start of Feb really is perfect timing for a Bank Holiday weekend!

• Advertisement

Was it the Siam Thai in Malahide @pigtail33 ? is one of my favourite restaurants, love the upstairs tables.

Advertisement