Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You’re in luck the main ChristmasFM stream is playing HalloweenFM at the moment until 1st November.

I may have tried it a couple of nights ago 👀👀👀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My friends son coming home Canada for 2 week, she hasn't seen him in a year, so she done this today., funny she's actually not a Christmas person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Has anyone ever tried LED lights made to look like old fashioned fairy light? Link below to a set coming to Aldi next month. I hoping the acrylic surround diffuses the light to give a traditional glow rather than the sharpness of LED.

I have seen some proper fairy lights but there's only 40 lights per set, so I'd be getting into burn-the-house-down territory if I bought enough of those for an 8ft tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lots of twinkly lights and holly would be lovely in a traditional cottage.

You can buy very small real trees in a pot, decorate the pot, place it on a table with some battery operated lights and put back outside after Christmas until next year. Plant it when it gets too big and get another small one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

The set up for Christmas for the person returning from Canada is a great shout!

We go bigish, not as big as I wish I had time for, on Halloween. As kids (and teens) it was huge, like Christmas I fell out of love with it for a long time. Back into it now. We have some scary props at the front of the house and loads of sweats as our estate has so many kids. We attended a fancy dress party on Saturday which I am still recovering from.

Yesterday we went in search of a snowy Christmas tree. We didnt find one but bought outside lights, garland, and lovely sleeping polar bears.

We usually have one tree which my OH decorates, she calls it the classy tree and me and the two elves help decorate but she then rearranges so it looks right. We now plan to have two others. The second will be for me and the kids to decorate, Im pushing for coloured lights. The third will be a tiny tree on the landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BK5

I know a lot of us just want today over so we can get it out of the way but I want to wish everyone on here a very Happy and Safe Halloween.

Also, it's the last bank holiday so have a good one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well said.

Happy Halloween everyone. Hope it’s a safe and enjoyable one for all!

Next stop. CHRISTMAS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Halloween! Currently playing “Step into Christmas” :-D

Had my Christmas playlist playing this morning while out for a walk and I chuckled thinking if only anyone knew haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Just back from The Range, in Coolock. They're still in Halloween to Christmas switch over mode, so the shop was quite a mess. Boxes everywhere with aisles blocked off and a lot of prices missing from the shelves. I was there on the BH Monday last year too and it was much better stocked. I only bought a few Christmas crafting gifts for my niece. I'm not sure if I'll make there again before Christmas, but if anyone else is planning a trip, I'd leave it a few days, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

@jellybear great to be back so excited 🎄I hope you and your family are well xx

Happy Halloween wishes everyone

@Loughc i love it … next stop Christmas!!

I haven’t been the shops in ages on my own I headed off this morning for a little bit, there was definitely a Christmas vibe around I felt, I had lovely chats and laughs with a few strangers and they were equally excited for Halloween to be over and Christmas at the stroke of midnight tonight

A few Halloween decorations up at home but they will be taken down tomorrow morning we have the chimney clean first of the Christmas jobs I suppose

My OH arrived home before the weekend after being in London for the football with some goodies for the bambino one being a Tottenham Hotspur Christmas jumper, I think I’ve finally rubbed off on him, earliest Christmas purchase for him ever !!!😂 the jumper is so cute

Wow beautiful window displays would certainly give you all the Christmas feels

@pigtail33 The Range in Maynooth is a much better shop if you can make it over there , they have everything for Christmas already laid out and a huge selection.

I say every year I'll go to the one in Liffey Valley, as it's probably twice the size of the Coolock one, but I've not made it in the run up to Christmas yet. Maybe this year 🤞🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,835 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm planning on going to The Range, Homestore, etc but I said I'll leave Halloween past first. I've been tempted to go but I know they'll still have Halloween stuff in the way.

Don't think will get many visitors tonight weather is terrible ,actually had a bang of thunder then power gone, back on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We've had very few callers, it's one miserable night here. Just think, when we get up in the morning we'll be able to say "Christmas is next month".

It’s a yes from me BeatFM

• Advertisement

Never thought of it like that! I must remember when I'm driving to work in the morning "next month is Christmas".

Weather not great but not terrible here, we as usual had about a 100 kids call to the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Huge amount of trick or treaters for us this year, suspect the heavy rain will keep any late callers away now though...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Same here, I've never had as many Trick or Treaters. Went through 60 or so bags and had to hand out the dregs to the last few callers. They certainly made the most of the break in the rain.

Eeek

Got cleared out with trick or treaters goodies 3rd year in a row. Great craic tho.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got one lot of trick or treaters and that was it. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gidget

No callers here was the same last year as well, of the few houses that have children, they never venture down my end of the road if they were to trick or treat.

Only one visit also, but i do live in the middle of nowhere, they were delighted i gave them all the sweets🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,835 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fairy Tail of New York on RTE One now! Voted number two on Ireland's Ultimate Playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Bought a few of the food Christmas mags over the weekend.

It's like the adult's Argos catalog with pages marked with recipes to try.

Ordered my wine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,914 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Of course I'm as hansome ha but how the hell can someone wear a wig like this for hours on end ha. Feel like itching the **** out of my forehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

From 4:30-8pm we had trick or treaters. We took turns brining our little one around. She just didn't want to go home as she watched all the ghouls on the street.

I boiled and baked a ham last night, it didn't defrost in time for a Sunday roast. The house smelled very Christmasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Happy November 1st everyone.

November 1st and we are officially in SEASON!!

So excited this year for Christmas. Seeing how much my little elf enjoyed Halloween yesterday I’m so excited for him to see the Christmas decorations and lights. And meeting Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Christmas season everyone! Hope all had a nice long weekend.

Kids had a blast last night trick r treating. Went out in the break in the rain so didn't get wet. Then the neighbors who live a couple of doors down called in with their kids and we had a couple of kids while the kids counted their hauls!!

Went to Navan adventure center on Sunday for a pumpkin patch and lots of games etc on Sunday. Was great fun and weather stayed mostly dry as well.

Halloween decorations are down and getting boxed away at lunchtime. Already for the Christmas decorations!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I won't be listening to any Christmas music until the last weekend of November but for anyone who kicks it off early here's my Christmas song playlist on Spotify. Nearly 6 hrs long if anyone fancies it.....

Happy November 1st, wishing you all a very Happy and Safe season

Halloween decorations down and first Christmas job completed by professionals (Chimney clean) 👌

Myself and the bambino took ourselves off to baby group and the shops while they did the job, picked up some toddler Christmas books from the local bookshop can’t wait to introduce her to them.

I had a look in Dunnes briefly they are gorgeous Christmas stuff, I showed the little one a cushion with reindeer on it, the cuteness of her she put her head on it :)

LO is napping so I’m going to make a cuppa and I’ve just lit a Yankee candle festive cocktail it’s called… it is quite nice,

i can’t actually believe it’s only a couple of weeks till Christmas fm

Post edited by SarahLil on

Woodies discount on Christmas seems to be happening https://www.woodies.ie/christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Christmas tree being decorated in the house opposite ours as I type.

I can only respect this if they keep it up until January 6th. Otherwise they are just show ponies.

• Advertisement

Ray Foley just played Mariah Carey all I want for Christmas is you on TodayFM earlier.

it’s begun!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Damn, I love November. 😁

Although I left work this evening and it was pitch dark- that was... difficult. 😬

Does anyone know how to share an instagram link on here?

Everytime I try I get robot.txt and nothing shows up.

The little boy in the house at the back of me has a lit up Christmas decoration in his bedroom window I just think that is the cutest, I admire his priorities too the day after Halloween

Its made my day :)

Dipped into the Food Network channel a few times last night as all the Christmas cooking shows are back on, nothing I haven't seen before of course. Will have to limit how much I watch though as I'll be tired of them by Nov the 30th. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Just back from dropping OH to airport as they are off to see family for a week.

It's Daddy daycare here so lots of TV and Halloween sweets!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you open the Instagram post and tap on the three dots top right, select 'Link' and then paste that it should work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Never mind, just tried that myself and got the same robots.txtx error message :/

Not sure if they were up already… but noticed Blanchardstown Shopping Centre have Christmas decorations up today

What a day out there stay safe everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Weren't up on Saturday evening anyway. Had a suspicion they'd wait until Halloween was over.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement