Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Hi everyone, first post on here in a while but I've been lurking all year, this thread is honestly akin to a warm fire on a cold day!

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone, I've professional exams on the horizon which will be over in 4 weeks time, so that'll fly by and then it'll basically be Hallowe'en! I've decided to really throw myself into Christmas this year once the exams are out of the way so reading all of your posts has me exceptionally excited!

Christmas last year was a rough occasion to say the least due to Covid so I'm excited for a degree of 'normality' (a very subjective concept anyway!) this year, already planning out my Christmas menu.

Looking forward to checking back here in 4 weeks time when all exams are behind me and I'm on the one track road to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Best of luck with the exams.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Best of luck in the exams @dobby896!! Looking forward to hearing what's on the Christmas menu 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

It been crazy buys with work, long hours, little to no weekends. I'm a bit of a zombie. We were invited out to brunch on Friday and when I showed up it was a 100 days to Christmas brunch!! Trees, mulled wine at the entrance, full Christmas food items, music bopping, pretty surreal. I knew I needed some down time if I hadn't copped that it was Christmas themed from the group chat, I just tagged along with the OH. So if I wasn't in to it already I a fully committed now and in Christmas mode.

I had a look at that Lego house and its lovely, when can you actually buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Was in Dunne's earlier and they had a small Christmas section with cushions and ornaments etc. I ended up getting some of the snowflake tea candle holders that someone posted on here a while back. They also had a small Christmas section of stuff in homesavers too.

It has begun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

Been reading this thread for years and love it - just started to make my christmas cake this mornng, fruit steeping in lots of alcohol. Going to make mincemeat for the mince pies this week also. Just wondered was there any extra charges when the lego house was delivered due to brexit ? Looked on the site and love the advent calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@shoes43 I don't know I was considering getting this as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got Lego from their site a few months ago and it came from France or Belgium, definitely mainland Europe.

I was in my local Dunnes Stores today after work and saw the few shelves of Christmas wares, I'm really liking the Considered by Helen James range. Especially the "Cad é an scéal Santa?" stocking, I think I would love it more if it said Santie rather than Santa 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Went to the zoo yesterday and got a great day for it. Is hard to beat for a family day out. Kids always love it and brought the grandparents this time so kids got spoilt as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Elves

How was everyone’s weekend ? TRS30 what a fab day for the zoo! Fairly quiet weekend we did grab dinner out yesterday and I opted for Turkey and Ham it was delicious

I was chatting with my bestie on the phone the weekend we discussed presents in general be it birthday or Christmas and said we really have everything that we need that after the past 18 months with restrictions and throw in me having my first baby etc what we probably need is just quality time so I think more than ever we need an afternoon tea I am thinking of booking one for us for December is anywhere advertising Christmas afternoon tea in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Had a bit of a downer of a weekend myself. Started off well on Friday for my day off, but Saturday afternoon/evening started to feel a bit 'off' & ended up with a full blown Migrane attack later that night completely out of the blue. Hadn't had one in about 4 or 5 years and this hit me hard. Ended up in bed for the best part of 24 hours & still struggling today too, finding it hard to concentrate & still feel a little shaky. I know work has been pretty stressful of late, but not at anything like previous levels so the out of the blue nature has knocked me a little. Hoepfully a couple of early nights and rest will get me back on track though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry to hear that DvB hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.

DvB I hope your back to yourself soon mind yourself

Arnotts home event back online guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hi All. Hope you feel better soon DVB, I get the odd migraine myself out of the blue.

Secondly, I'm off work this week and was wondering has the Range in Maynooth got their Christmas stock out yet does anyone know? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Can't imagine it, DvB. I suffer from mild migraines, and get a few a year, but I am lucky that medication works most of the time, and I am able to function. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear that mate, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was passing through and thought to myself who would love a photo of Ballyhale 😉👍 Hope you’re feeling better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh DvB, hope you're feeling better soon! Mind yourself 😊

Saw this Christmas planner on Shop in Ireland https://www.shopinireland.ie/product/christmas-planner-with-gold-binder/?fbclid=IwAR0svLXKwQpsfdOjeecCyaE7FWEsqZ3J8O7KhcWw0iOsas5B3SW3nUW8Wx8

There are plenty of Christmas gifts/decorations popping up there over the last few days.

• Advertisement

@DvB How your feeling better!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This Saturday is our next Rudolph day. I think I might do something extra special to mark it seeing it’s landing on a weekend day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Back in the office today under the hybrid model. Volunteered (again) to arrange our team Christmas lunch/dinner given the 6 people per table rule hopefully disappears 22/10.

Emailed a few places today to register for when they have their festive menu plans ready (not many on websites by the looks).

Pretty sure our company wide Christmas party won't be going ahead this year although never say never I guess.

I got these tonight!(You may end to turn your phone.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Bought a couple of those turkey,stuffing and ham parcels in the butchers and cooked them for myself and the youngest one today, just for the hell of it I made up some bread sauce, had about two thirds of a Christmas dinner right there 😃 the stuffing wasn't great though, prefer homemade.

Is it just me or are we in a bit of limbo time wise at the moment? We are all waiting for the ads to come on the telly, for the music and food channels to get festive and the shops to fully stock and decorate.

I swear I think I'm going to burst!! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got a date tonight for Christmas carol rehearsals!! Roll on first Tuesday in November 🔔🎄🎅🛷☃️

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back from an absolute cracker of a weekend in Centre Parcs 😀 Highly recommend it! It's just such a lovely, relaxing place, no rushing about, just chilling out. Was lovely to be on our bikes too with the kids, they loved that, felt like we were all big kids 😀 We were blessed with the weather too 🌞

Back to reality now! Going to pop a few bits into my big shop this week for the Christmas cake & pudding. Will try get them done beginning of October! Also going to look up that Lego Christmas set 😀

• Advertisement

Great to hear you enjoyed it CL. Have only heard good things. Is on our list of places to go.

Advertisement