Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Options

Comments

does anyone know whose in the uae team ?

You can see the team here https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2020/stage-20/startlist

Aru and Formolo abandoned earlier in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

does anyone know whose in the uae team ?

Aru abandoned, as did Formolo, Kristoff as a sprinter, De La Cruz and don't know the rest.

Xe3aAJx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aru abandoned, as did Formolo, Kristoff as a sprinter, De La Cruz and don't know the rest.

Xe3aAJx.png

Marcato and Polanc helped him out a fair bit but dont remember hearing about the other guy. No way would you think these guys would be on a team that won the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Wouldn't rule out Kristoff tomorrow either and that would make it 5 stage wins and 3 jerseys for UAE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It makes it even more amazing about what Pogacar did. He was up against the Jumbo-Visma Train every single day. Had absolutely no team mates in the mountains. It was remarkable.

Whilst I agree that Rob Hatches commentary today was out of order, Roglic must have been a bit mortified facing his team mates after it all. They gave him everything.

There was also a stage where it was Roglic and Pogacar going for the stage win. Roglic did sprint at the end but didn't seem too bothered with the fact Pogacar beat him to the line for the time bonus.

Saying All that, Pogacar was very unlucky one day with the Echelons. Without that, today would have been pretty much a straight fight with little time advantage.

Roglic may regret not attacking Pogacar. I think he only really did it on one occasion. He seemed to be content with his advantage and the thought that he would win the time trial. Which is strange considering he was beaten in the Slovenian Championships by Pogacar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I’m in shock. Never expected that result. Didn’t even watch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lance's tweet on the matter tells you everything you need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

BQQ wrote: »
    Roglic didn’t lose it
    Pogacar won it
    Incredible ride

Roglic was still 5th on the stage
    I’d say he would have been thinking this morning - finish top 5 and yellow is mine

That would have been an extremely arrogant and naive attitude to have taken if that was true

The young lad bey him in the national TT and no more or less was the strongest climber in the race

Roglic was less than 1 minute ahead and that route flats n other mishaps are common

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

That was an extraordinary performance from Pogacar today. I'm delighted for him as he has been constantly on the attack all tour and single handed brought the fight to Jumbo Visma, he was unlucky to lose the time he did earlier in the race.
    Felt sorry for Roglic in the last few Kms as it was clear the race was slipping away from him and he could do nothing about it, his time trial wasn't that bad, probably lost a good 30 seconds when he realised the tour was gone on him and on another day would have been enough to hold onto the lead, but, Pogacar's time was extraordinary, even Roglic on a good day would have struggled to hold onto the lead.
    Overall the strongest rider has won the race, this will go down as one of the greatest performances ever.

kennyb3 wrote: »

Meh, like all Yanks , everything they see is best ever , top 10 greatest etc

3 great weeks though ! I thought the last two were drama filled n exciting but this was brilliant . A lot to be said on cutting down so many races that are 200+ km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Meh, like all Yanks , everything they see is best ever , top 10 greatest etc

I dont think he was being serious, you might need to read between the lines a little, esp coming from him!

I don't know why anyone takes notice of anything he says. The only cyclist.he is interested in is himself

I dont think he was being serious, you might need to read between the lines a little, esp coming from him!

I did read it and got two interpretations . I think it’s one that you are alluding to . Was he throwing “shade” (as they say in the US ?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone takes notice of anything he says. The only cyclist.he is interested in is himself

His podcasts are / Were quite good but that’s more to do with Hincappie n Burneell

He talks rubbish

All I want from him is to come clean on the full truth behind his case and offer insight to the UCI / Wada on how to improve things (they won’t listen to him of course )

Who covered him up half the time ?

Remarkable , he’s almost richer now than he use to be

His podcasts are / Were quite good but that’s more to do with Hincappie n Burneell

He talks rubbish

All I want from him is to come clean on the full truth behind his case and offer insight to the UCI / Wada on how to improve things (they won’t listen to him of course )

Who covered him up half the time ?

Remarkable , he’s almost richer now than he use to be

Have I told you about Oura Ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Inquitus wrote: »
    An image for the ages

EiSmNRQX0AQRkQe?format=jpg&name=large

Cancel the party.

Despite 5 elite Belgian titles today was only the second time WVA has worn the Belgian tricolour. The first time resulted in a season-ending injury, today didn't turn out too well either, for his team anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Plastik wrote: »
    To anyone that doesn't believe in miracles ...

It is hard to believe in it, that's the problem

Toms face said it all really

It is hard to believe in it, that's the problem

Toms face said it all really

He was only 1'21 ahead of Porte/Tom and 11' ahead of last place its not like he OTLed half the field. And its not like Pog came out of nowhere and what people forget about Lance is he was looking like a decent classics guy but no world beater and the drugs could even turn sprinters into GC guys

Lanterne Rouge mentioned on his pod cast that Jumbo Visma have been filming a documentary along side the tour this year. Be fascinating to see that if/when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anyone know what helmet Pogacar wore? I like the look of it

eeeee wrote: »

MET Codatronca

https://www.met-helmets.com/en/shop/cycling-helmets/tri-aero-helmets/codatronca/

I looked it up earlier as I quite liked it too, looks great in black.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eeeee wrote: »

It's a Met branded one. Had a red one for the nationals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just watching highlights managed to avoid result all day as was out and about.

I’m absolutely gobsmacked.

Cancel the party.

Meh, Van Art has another chance or two for a classic in the few weeks . He did way better than what could have been expected of him , as a super domestique

Tom , is quiet good being getting caught by the camera being pissed off over a result , check it out on YouTube. Beats the fake “I’m so happy for him” look some give . He should be fine for the world TT and he’s back from a horrific injury with so little training

The media point out that the lads who could train freely outside in places like Luxembourg n Slovenia got first run since the post lockdown , though “podge” had some good wins before lockdown in Dubai

The Vuelta is clashing with the Giro. I assume teams will be short handed and will need almost the same TDF line up for the Vuelta ? More of the same please

Being on the classics though . I know Sagen is down for the Giro but Sam should try his hand at Amstel (I know it’s hilly and loads of furniture) and maybe even Paris Nice - like all good green jersey guys do . He might have to if Quick Step are down a few guys due to injury

Good time for the two bike suppliers of Jumbo n UAE - old classic Italians (I know, Ineos bike is Italian too )

Speaking of UAE , is that Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai team ? Owner of Fly Emirates and major horse racing owner ? Lol. Podge will be treated like a king when he goes back to Dubai . Huge coup for his short period in pro cycling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

2nd most exciting TT I've ever seen, after Fignon losing to Lemond. I'm still in shock.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Meh, Van Art has another chance or two for a classic in the few weeks . He did way better than what could have been expected of him , as a super domestique

Tom , is quiet good being getting caught by the camera being pissed off over a result , check it out on YouTube. Beats the fake “I’m so happy for him” look some give . He should be fine for the world TT and he’s back from a horrific injury with so little training

The media point out that the lads who could train freely outside in places like Luxembourg n Slovenia got first run since the post lockdown , though “podge” had some good wins before lockdown in Dubai

The Vuelta is clashing with the Giro. I assume teams will be short handed and will need almost the same TDF line up for the Vuelta ? Some of the same please

Being on the classics though . I know Sagen is down for the Giro but Sam should try his hand at Amstel (I know it’s hilly and loads of furniture) and maybe even Paris Nice - like all good green jersey guys do . He might have to if Quick Step are down a few guys due to injury

He has another chance at a sprint tomorrow and is maybe more motivated now given todays events which might not be good for Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Pogacar's performance in the tour was extraordinary. We are witness to an amazing cycling athlete. Despite all the hyperbole, Roglic's performance today wasn't actually that bad - he was only 35sec behind Tom Dumoulin who stayed on his TT bike for the full of the stage.

Pogacar beat TD by 81 seconds.

During the Tour Pogacar set new climbing records on :
    Col de Peyresourde,
    Col de Marie-Blanque,
    Pas de Peyrol,
    Grand Colombier and
    Planche des Belles Filles .....which he climbed at 6.9w/kg

He will also be the first winner of three classifications in the same Tour since...............?

Yup, Merckx. Some company.

I hope his performance stands the test of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Do you mean Paris-Roubaix ?

Paris-Nice was in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Didn't watch it live but caught the highlights.

Like everyone else, I thought it was over but what a result!!! Unbelievable to see Pog take it.

I seen someone mention earlier on in one of the stage threads that this tour has been the best sporting event of 2020 and I have to agree its been brilliant.

Advertisement